katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2019 new thread

Carol hope its not much to just get it fixed.  We have a couple of woven cloth napkins we purchased at the Highland games.  One is in one of dh's clan tartans and the other was the tartan designed for the women over 50 red hatters.  I also have a piece a friend got me on her trip to Ireland that has Celtic crosses and symbols woven into it. 

When they gave us the test to see if we should be on our own or not I wondered how many young people today could get it right. They had us draw in the arms in a clock for a certain time.  Do they even do that in school anymore since so many clocks are digital now?  I have heard that they no longer teach cursive hand writing.  They told us a story problem with you making purchases and you had to tell them how much money you had left. They also told a story and we had to answer questions afterwards.  The trick on that one was they said the character lived in Chicago but the question was what state did they live in. Guess they will have eventually have to adjust the test.

It is sprinkling off and on.  Its wet enough dh cant mow like he wanted but not wet enough that he could skip watering things.  I should be doing all kinds of things but its a day where I just look around at everything and panic.  Anything I do get done just seems so insignificant in actually accomplishing anything.  

• Like 1

hello 

good to see you all keeping busy the summer has progressed

so quickly this year i cant believe its almost Agust lol  

Sounds like you are a great friend ratdog, all those goodies going out 

LEa, dont give up on her yet as i was told once my little cockapoo had a heart thing and he had about 6 months tops, 

well that little guy lived to be 15 years old and never had been sick till the very end,  he had a long, loved life till the end   

what else oh gosh wonderful idea lyn about the renting things lol  bout the only way i would try weaving lol  

hope you keep your kids carol im thinking it will be ok for you  

Tampa hang in thee and keep the faith and tell tampa guy we are all thinking of him  

owl vamp i swear what a thing huh my goodness where did she fall from a ramp or something she really got bammed up huh we too will be hoping for a short recovery for her .. good to see you too Bgs, i upload too from camera only takes a few seconds but then i dont have dial up 

Lacie, good to hear from you as well we think about you often, and hope things work out soon   

owl vamp for goodness sakes, i think there is something effecting your health around home, like the water or a radon leak, or carbon dioxide, or something woman  i hope you feel more like yourself soon, seems you have really good days for a while, and then you are down for a while and im wondering if you may have ever been tested for i dunno, bi polar or something no offence meant honestly, just concerned about you and your health  I hope this spell soon clears for you, as you always do so much maybe your body's way of   saying slow down woman or im going to make you slow down lol  

Bgs, are you or have you thought at all about the stuff you gave away, i mean i did with the bunnies, but know i did the right thing and it soon passed  do you regret anything you dont have anymore, or glad it is gone as i most usually am glad to get it gone and free up my space lol I also feel i did the right thing, by sending lil sis's ex some photos too  i am glad in fact  to be able to send them to someone they really now should belong to  i was so surprised as most of her later albums, she had cut him out of so many so there you would see the bride, but no groom in the pic it was horrible  i think      

well anyway on with the weather report, uh cloudy, the tukeys are prowling about, gonna rain dont know when, soon im thinking  but mild out, no 114 heat indexing thank goodness   did you all know that turkeys sort of almost bark?? its a weird noise they make as they pluck along collecting whatever it is they find in the grass  Max was watching them too from my window in the craft room i 

well all i can say about that, is that Ginger would have never harmed them, but she would not have tolerated them either in her yard lol  they fly-hop over the fence, as i have seen them do it and the gate is not open lol   

Gotta say though, would rather have these fellas, then gators in my pool! lol

well headred off to piddle see ya soon take care          

good morning

we had some much needed rain overnite

Good Morning.

Breakfast is done, now just waiting for the water delivery.

Tomorrow is the foot Dr. and Saturday is a much needed hair cut.

Oh I am getting my order from Joann's.  Hate to say I had to order yarn. 

Sorry to say I ordered it on Tues and today they have FREE Shipping.  Oh well such is my luck. 

Off to see what is going on in the world.

Have a fun day.

That was a close call, it wouldn't let me on twice.

Awe Mary Jo I'm so sorry it's a bad thing yo are getting yarn, I'll have them reroute it to my house. I'll have fun playing with it!!! I'll be happy whatever comes in the box!! LOL :) I wish I had luck like that.

Lea how are you doing?

hope everyone is doing good. Chat later.

• Like 1

Oh so funny Sandra.:rofl  I will remember that next time.

Heard from the Dr.  I have to go in on Sept 9th.  They will take that thing off my butt, give me a couple of stitches, send it to the lab and I will be on my merry way with a numb butt in 1/2 an hour.  So no biggie.

Water has come, so I can close the garage door.

Mail has come, so I do not have to worry about going out.

Now I am waiting from my other packages.

Quite today.  Except for the lawn moving people.  I do not envy them working in this heat.

• Like 1

Hello Everyone.

Mary Jo have fun playing with your new yarn.

It's nap time here for the little princess. We went to the grocery store this morning and haven't done much else. She wanted to go outside but its been raining off and on so we didn't get out to play, maybe later today. 

I hope you are all enjoying your day.

• Like 1

Sandra, thanks for asking I am doing good... I just need to learn my limits with the grand kids.... I told my MIL yesterday... they all want my help but not my advice.....

MJ.... I am not going to tell you what to do....but if that were MY butt, I'd beg them to whittle a bunch off each cheek...LOLI have a bunch of padding back there...

hot here today... Chris will be tired when he gets home so I am making salmon and an orzo salad.... light meal...

tried one mitten pattern yesterday and I am not thrilled with, still searching for another good pattern.... will work on some scrubbies in the mean time...

I will be watching the princess tomorrow for a bit while her mama does orientation for a new school system ( she is a math teacher).... Savannah will be going to a Goddard school.  I have another grandson that goes to one and they love it so Josh and Jenn decided to send her to one too.

How did my kids survive with just playing outside and watching sesame street....LOL

• Like 1

Lea had I been drinking my diet coke I would have lost it when I read your post.  Good point on whittling on both sides so they would be even.  Have you looked at this pattern?  I havent made them but saved it to my Rav library after I saw someone else suggest it. 

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mrs-murdocks-mittens

After sprinkling most of yesterday it stopped long enough that dh did the push mowing.  Then we got a nice soaking rain later on.  Its supposed to rain on and off the next few days.  Dh took the suv in this morning for new tires and might get to weedeat before it rains.  I spent the morning sorting thru things.  

• Like 1

:rofl Funny Lea with the taking a little off both butts.  Heck, I could make another person with what is on my hips, thighs and butt cheeks.  How I wish.  But little cut and a couple of stitches is all they offered. 

Love that pattern Brenda.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, bgs said:

Lea had I been drinking my diet coke I would have lost it when I read your post.  Good point on whittling on both sides so they would be even.  Have you looked at this pattern?  I havent made them but saved it to my Rav library after I saw someone else suggest it. 

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mrs-murdocks-mittens

After sprinkling most of yesterday it stopped long enough that dh did the push mowing.  Then we got a nice soaking rain later on.  Its supposed to rain on and off the next few days.  Dh took the suv in this morning for new tires and might get to weedeat before it rains.  I spent the morning sorting thru things.  

Those look perfect, the pattern I tried yesterday had a separate thumb and cuff...I need something I can watch tv and do...LOL....

I remember when they gave my mom the living on your own test a few years ago and told her to write a sentence... she wrote.." I am not a stupid old woman".... It still makes me laugh thinking about it....

• Like 1

well all are keeping busy i guess  good to hear Sandra  joking again she made me chuckle as did lea  

glad for the easy sort of solution  to your  prob mj i know all will go ok  

daughters bday is coming up so i asked her what she would like for hr bday and she bearly thought a minute before she started telling me shes going toget a new tablet for me, and i am going to make a fake account on facebook so she will always have a way to reach me we will be only two of the four she will friend me with, her, my nephew, his wife, me ad her is all  i told her but what does she want and she insisted, that  i have no choi ce  I Guess, but t to try to do my best by it

she will not rest on this and said its either that or a smart phone and i said ok ok ill try the face thing lol    so we will see i guess huh  not looking forward to this though lol  

Lea let us know how you do with the mitten pattern.   Like I said I have not made any mittens but several on the PRR group have recommended this one.  I would have loved knowing your mom.  I am guessing that you inherited her sense of humor.  It makes me chuckle remembering you sharing the time she walked to the cafeteria to get an aide to go back to her room to roll her down in a wheelchair.  I have figured out why us older folk get confused and have problems remembering things.   We have all those years of memories in our heads.  For instance its much easier searching thru a little stack of papers than a big box of them.  

Katy I love my smart phone.  Its great sending out texts to multiple people simultaneously about things like someone in the hospital or passing away instead of making 15 individual phone calls.  Nieces and nephews will text me where they wont call or email.  I use it to access the internet, for email, camera and a phone.  I use the calculator and timer on it.   There are so many apps you can download on it depending what you want to do.  

• Like 2

Good morning all,

Looks like we are in for a gloomy rainy day. I am taking my son and his car to the mechanic for some brake work this morning. Also baking cookies for a friends birthday. 

Nothing on the hook for a while now. I need to get back to ot one of these days.

Good Morning.

Off to see the foot Dr. this morning.  Boy I hate to go out, but we are looking at rain this afternoon.  Suppose to be a rainy weekend.

Tomorrow is a hair cut.

Have a fun day.

• Like 1

good morning

its kind of gloomy looking out,only slight chances for rain,its tax free weekend here,so the stores will be a zoo,guess I'll wait till Monday,since I don't need any school supplies,have a wonderful day

Tax free weekend here also.  I almost forgot.  Today is not the day to go out to the stores.

Gloomy here also.  Sun trying to come out.

I am sitting here and watching my neighbor get his trees cut.  We had 6 guys come and cut 3 trees.  He has 2 people to cut.6 trees.  OMG he is standing on the next to last step.  Time to go to my corner.

Have fun

Car is at the mechanic. Made a Duncan donut detour on the way home. Cookie dough is chilling in the refridgerator for a couple of hours.

Going to Kissimmee tomorrow for a Give Kids the World fundraising event,

An Evening With Paige Ohara (voice of Belle) and Linda Larkin (speaking voice of Jasmine). Then to Tampa Sunday for Tampa bay comic con. 

I promise I will crochet something soon! 

Lyn its tax free weekend here too on school supplies and clothes.  

Ratdog you get to go to some of the nestest things. 

Cloudy here also.  Relieved we didnt get the 10 inches in 6 hours that poor town in KS got on Wed.  Its 80 miles west of us.  Water has finally gone down along the MO River that dh's friend can get to his house in Levasy.  Besides the stench and mess he has found three water moccasins left behind.  

Mary Jo we are ever so close to football.  Getting news from training camp this week.  One report has Mahomes doing really well at throwing the ball left handed.  Also boxes of Mahomes Magic Crunch cereal are flying off the shelf.  Its a limited offer on specially packaged frosted flakes to raise money for charity.   I havent been to the store selling them.  Just saw it on the news.

Nice surprise this morning. Lawyer called in regards to dh's retirement.  He just got back from military leave and wanted to let us know things looked good and were moving along. 

Bgs,

they also lump in hurricane supplies,generators and such too

Great news on the lawyer Brenda, will keep the fingers crossed for you all.

Hey, Ratdog, it is expected to be a very busy weekend in Tampa for the comic con.  Oh yeah, we will be up to 60% of rain.  I gather it is indorrs.  So have a great time.  I just watched the new Avengers End Game.  I new it was coming, but still the tears flowed.

Yeah Brenda,  I watched the Hall of Fame Game last night.  What surprised me, was Nick Buoniconti passed away on Wed. and not a word was said.  Go figure.  Denver pulled it out at the end. It was a good game.  Not hearing much on the Pro football here, more college, then Pro.  Get to see our first Bucs game next Friday.  Sorry Guys/Girls but it is FOOTBALL time.:cheer:rofl:cheer

Had to laugh at the cereal.  Why are they having him throw with the left hand if he is a righty.

Well, enough.  Time to get the ribs on.

They had it on the sports news here about Nick Buoniconti's passing.  (Lets see that brings back names like Don Shula, Bob Griese and Garo Yepremium along with that double overtime game Christmas day 1971.)  They also had highlights (and not so highlights) on the Denver qb's performance in that game as he is from MU.   I guess the answer as to why they are having Pat throw with his left hand when he is a righty is because he can and can do it well.  Never know when it might come in handy.  That cereal is showing up on ebay for $25 (and higher).  Pretty good return on a $4 box of cereal.  🏈

Afternoon ! Hope everyone is doing good.

Off to run a few errands and back home.

Hello Everyone!

Brenda that is good news from the lawyer.

Ratdog sounds like you have a busy weekend planned.

I was on the road early, about 6 a.m., to drive to my oldest daughter's house to celebrate my granddaughter's birthday. She is having a party at an art/craft place with a few friends. Tomorrow we are going shopping so she can spend her birthday money. 

I hope you are all enjoying your day.

hello everybody I hope you're having a good day today kind of gloomy here but I can hear I can handle it and I'll hang with it I guess good news Brenda thanks for sharing air conditioner is coming on and going off quite a bit today I don't really think we need it but I don't like the house to get too hot cuz then it has a hard time catching up you know I'm coming to you from the tablet it was starting to feel a little bit neglected and whiny so I thought I might pick that up today because I can talk into this which reminds me of yet another subject I wanted to address to I asked my daughter what she wanted for her birthday and do you know what she told me she said for you to make a fake account if you have to on Facebook so I can get ahold of you anytime through a tablet and I'll get you the new tablet that does the voice thing so you won't even have to type and I was flabbergasted I was surely flabbergasted I told her that's not what I meant I meant for you something that comes in a box you know and and she said that's it that's what I want for my birthday and you'll just have to remember you'll just have to learn how to text it's either that or a smartphone mom and I know you don't want that so that's how that's going to go I'm going to make a fake accounts I cuz I don't like my information out there and then just her and my nephew and his wife and I will be the only four on my Facebook that's the only for friends I will have and that's the way she's going to set it up for me so that's how it's going to be I guess I'll just have to learn it it sure is going to be easier than tried to punch. Stuff into a little self cell phone you know she said she's going to get a bigger tablet than the one I've got now that she also got for me so I don't still need that but if it's going to put her mind at peace so she can reach me I said why why can't you just call me or why can't you do it on the email thing you know and she said she's so high tech you know so she just will not be happy until I get into the groove 2 I guess so I'm going to give it a shot and that's I guess her birthday presents inside she didn't give me any ideas onto what she could she would want that comes in a box so I can wrap it and put a card with it you know so I really don't know about her sometimes but I'll give it a shot for her sake I'll make up a fake name and she said you don't have to put any other information down there if you don't want to and I won't because I don't like my, y pefonal stuff public,   lol.  so I'll be anonymous and that' mightb houwork