katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2019 new thread

I keep myself very busy!

Here's a grey basket I crocheted. I turned around and made a black one. Now onto a two tone purple one for daughter. I made a bunch of the smaller ones and washcloths to put in them.

Hope everyone is doing good.

Have a great evening.

image.jpeg

• Like 4

Wow owlvamp love the baskets.

I have to find something to make in thread it is getting so hot here.  It is also almost August.

Beautiful quite morning here.

Just a drop in to say Hi!

Thank you everyone for the sweet compliments, my granddaughter was very excited when she saw the outfits today.

Donna thank you for the info about changing the link.

Sandra your basket is beautiful.

Went to church and the grocery store this morning. Than my son-in-law dropped off my granddaughter for the day, she is napping now. Not much else going on here. Hope you are all enjoying your day.

ha mj no stairs here either as per preferred!  happy vacay donna, enjoy!!I know what that is all about bgs, when i was a younger person, i hauled bins full of things in and out and around of all sorts of craft fairs, and such and that is a workout all in its own category lol 

got two major jobs on my list done, spent three hours this am going through lil sis's albums .. found some i had all but forgotten of the sis i knew, not the one of the last year or so  it was sad, but uplifting in its way, as i remembered those times and pics and remembered how we always were together, always  people used to ask if we were twins we looked so much alike, and after a few million times of them asking we just said yes lol 

I also got some good pics for her ex too, some i think of his grandparents, and parents as well as him from age 1 1/2 and then some from them both driving the big 18 wheeler too i think he will be happy to get those at least  i found them all in the earliest album, and before she cut him out of most of the other later pics the other albums are a lot of jerko's  family but im sure he doesnt care, and i dont feel quite as forgiving towards him yet to send them to him!! 

i will just put those back in the bin but leave out the ones we want to look through again in the future  such memories there you know, i guess i neded that    

Ok the second job i completed today was sorting through some coloring designer books that i have colored in, but there are still lots of pics to do, so i will box them up soon for a friend that might like them still much to color, i just got tired  of them, and moved on to more books lol  so that is done now ready to post out next month  i got all but 3 or 4 maybe in the one box dont want to make it too heavy so i will put the remaining few in a nilla when i post that out  

and i have a box of 8 inch squares packed up i am ready to post out soon too, clear my slate kind of lol  

other than that got a load in the dryer, a chicken in the crock. and a fresh diet coke in front of me lol  now that i tell ya is my reward for working so hard lol  ive yet to vac- up in here, what with all this unpacking of bins and such lol but i will be done after that occurs  lol  umm or possibly tomorrow even lol  

well ladies as we dont have any gents in our midst, so i can say that safely, lol hope you all have a pleasant day, looks like its going to rain here before too much longer, lol  the turkeys were in the backyard this am, which means Someone must have left the back gate open huh????lol  see you all later have a good one  :manyheart:ghug

oh sandra, that is an absolutly  wonderful useful basket i love it~!! did you do it from a pattern or free hand??its great!! 

good afternoon

that is an awesome basket Owlvamp

Posted (edited)

Yes Sandra that basket is really nice.  Hope you show us the others.  I love seeing what everyone's making.  You all are my motivation and inspiration. What pattern are you using for cloths and what are you using to make them?

Carol I can just imagine how excited your gd must have been when she saw those outfits.  She is going to have such a good time wearing them.

Katy most places we set up we can use a cart and wheel things right in or use an elevator.  This building you have to carry it up and down steps and make many trips.  To be honest the last few years it wasnt worth all the work and effort because maybe 10 people vame to view it.  This year we had a good crowd in the morning including a sumi artist from Japan that is here setting up an exhibit at one of the art galleries.  We also got 6 new members.  We hardly ever get one new member at an exhibit. I zonked right out last night after taking some ibuprofen for 2 hours and then again for 4 hours.  I dont usually sleep that well.

Edited by bgs

WOW, I am gone for a few days and folks are having biopsys, going on vaca, sending pictures to folkd near me, selling off honey, suffering through heat and not sleeping, wondering about Kernersville, babysitting grands....golly..

anyhow, spent time with each of the grands separately this week required lots of traveling around... not sure why my kids can't all just live in one place...went to the eye doc and he gave me steroids for my dry eyes and goodness... I could barely see!! Guess I'll just put up with dry and eyes... monitoring the cataracts...

MJ, hope things go well with the results...Brenda, I can't talk dh into moving into senior living to save my life... I would love to.. we have 9 rooms and 5 acres, and with him still working, it all falls on me because he is waaaayyyy too tired to do anything but eat and go to bed when he gets home...he is helping one of our sons' get his construction business off the ground...and .. it has been 15 years since he had to work that hard...

Our poor cat Cubbies is 13 years old and losing weight, we are taking her to the vet this week, but I think she is just failing...I just walk by and hug her my sweet girl...love my kitty, she is a tux...and quite loveable...

Now that I can see I'll be back on a bit more....

• Like 1

Lea sorry about Cubbies.  I noticed I had problems with dry eyes when i had cataracts too.  Never had that problem before and thankfully not after the surgery.  I was the one dragging my feet on moving. A few years ago dh stopped by an elderly friend's place and noticed how rundown things were getting and he said he did not want to be here in his 70's and 80's having to cut down trees, spend 2 and 3 days out of every 2 weeks mowing,  dig up septic and water lines, worry about replacing the roof and the heatpump.  I was told he would be moving with or without me----thats how firmly I was dug in.  I can tell we are both wearing out and cant work as hard and long as we used to.  I see great wisdom in getting moved out of here before something happens to one of us especially him.  Start researching and visiting places now.  We started at least 10 years well before we met the age requirement to move into many of them.  We started with this place and returned many times.  I found myself comparing the other places to this one. The thing that really made me ok with it and allowed me to stop worrying about the money part is its guaranteed home for life.  I have no idea why but my greatest fear has ever since I was an adult was becoming homeless.

It's quiet here today. What is everyone up to?

I have my granddaughter here, she is eating lunch so I have a few minutes to pop in to say Hello.

Lea I'm sorry about Cubbies. 

I hope you are all enjoying your day.

We spent the morning running errands.  First off to the bank to get papers notarized so we could then take them to the PO to have them overnighted.  Then we had the 100 mile round trip to drop the contract off at the title company.  Stopped in Harbor Freight to pick up a couple of things and then had Chinese for lunch as all 3 places are in the same strip mall.  We are looking forward to not spending so much time running back and forth on I-70.  The ride alone makes me tired.  Back home now and dh is mowing.  Me I am trying to decide what I should tackle next.  

afternoon all 

well, lea so sorry to here that about cubbies, i had two sister kitties we found abandoned, and raised from babies  about 2 months before daughter was born  those two girls lived to be 21 years old  if the one would not have had a stroke and died i think the sister would still be with us, she mourned her sister so much and passed shortly there after  i was heartbroken for sure but i still think of them often and sometimes i dream about them so i know they are ok and happy where they are now 

I heard the word biopsy but dont know who, or why? 

and yesLea, pics went to a po box in your town, are you sure we are not long lost relatives lol  

well my closet is back the way it was before taking things out to get to the bin of pics, which was of course on the bottom lol  it always works out that way so this time i had handy out in in the top of the bins lol probably covering up something i will need next no doubt  !!!

I have really made progress though in that closet, it is still nice and neat and doesn't have things in it i cant use anymore, well until the next cleanout. anyway lol   

Well ill leave for now everyone keep on keeping on ok  take care 

• Like 1

Not much happening here. Went to the hallmark store for a card and gift bag for a friends birthday thos week. 

Mailed a gift to another friend , apollo 11 50th anniversary t shirt. Hes a space nut from way back.

Met another friend for coffee and chatting

Did not go to Joanns but found another project on pinterest .... im going to go broke on tools used only once! 

Ratdog wouldn't it be nice if there was a rental on craft tools that we wouldn't always be using,similiar to the rental of a rug shampooer

• Like 1

good morning

after seeing the works of Eric Carle, the library is offering up a chance to paint in honor of the celebration of the 50th anniversary of the very hungry catapillar,and it will be showcased at city hall,cool

have a great day

Lyn, I sure hope you are jumping on that offer... how fun.... if I were closer I'd be joining you!

Not much on the platter today, Cubbies appt is Friday...she wanted to go outside a bit ago, we live in a very very rural area..so far she is sunning on the back steps...animals just seem to know don't they.....all of our cats are indoor/outdoor cats and Miss Honee, who was twenty did that when her end was near....one minute she was outside sunning and then she just wandered off to die...like they understand

MJ..... how is your hiney?

Finished a round ripple, think I'll work on a few mittens for the grands if I can find a good pattern....

Lyn that sounds pretty neat. Cant believe hungry catapiller is 50.  

Ok Lea give us a picture of that ripple over in show and tell.  We want to see it!  Not sure I have the patience to tackle mittens---- getting them to match in size.

Working on laundry today and as soon as the grass dries enough dh will continue with the mowing.  

Today is one of those lazy days.  Slept in till 8, had a bagel for breakfast. 

I am so ashamed, I had to buy more yarn from Joann's.  They had the cheapest price and best shipping cost.  I finally got pictures of the dishcloth, scrubby's I made.  They will be going into Show & Tell soon.

Lea, sorry to hear about Cubbie. I hate to say it, but sometimes our animals are ready long before we are.

Well, except for not healing yet, I have not heard from the Dr., so I figure no news is good news. 

I use to knit gloves.  DH loved watching me make each finger.  he use to crack up cause it would be just a thumb, then each finger separate.

Can't wait to see the afghan.

Well, off to my corner, I have done enough damage.

I literally have no energy so I went and laid down for a bit. I feel a tad better ..

sounds exciting Mary Jo. I have been making washcloths, scrubbies too. I know I know take pictures. I stink at that part. I also made about dozen crochet earrings.

my sister is in the hospital. She fell with her motorized wheelchair . Ended up breaking 5 ribs, finger, fractured elbow ,. I think foot too. Hit her head . I forget what else. Once she's okay she'll go into a rehabilitation center. Yep if it rains it pours....

Hi all. Not much to post. Just wanted to let you all know that were are still here :) :hug 

Jade is doing really good. Got a lot going on and a lot of things up in the air. 

Just keep us in your prayers please :ghug

Sandra I hope your sister recovers quickly from her fall.

ImmaFreek I hope things settle down soon.

I had lunch with a couple of friends from work who I haven't seen since early June when school let out. Apparently there have been some changes at school so it could be interesting when we go back. Some teachers were changed to different grade levels after our annual test scores came in lower than last year. I haven't heard anything about me being moved to another grade level so I should be ok, I don't want to leave my special preschoolers. Then I went to walmart for a dozen or so things and back home before the thunder started. I don't think we got any rain, just noise. I'm trying to finish up a shirt and shorts for my little granddaughter and then I need to make a curtain that my daughter requested for a cart at work. After that I need to finish some baby projects like the blanket that has been on my loom for a couple of months and smocking for some rompers or overalls. No, it's not all getting done today. I guess that's enough rambling for today. Have a great evening.

Sandra hope your sis heals quickly.  Earrings?  Now I would love seeing those.  Pictures are hard for me too.  Besides not wanting to stop and take them I dont have a good place to take them. Camera doesnt take very good pictures.  Then its difficult for me to upload them between dialup internet and sketchy cell service. Sometimes I have to wait until I go to the library and get on their Wi-Fi.  I enjoy seeing everyone else's photos.  Sharing photos helps keep this place alive.  

Lacey :hug

Carol hope you dont get bumped from your class especially since you like working with them.  Do like weaving on your loom?  I would love to ses your blanket when you are finished.  Smocking on rompers----I bet they are so cute.

Wow Sandra, I do hope your Sister feels better soon.

Prayers Immafreek, hope things turn to the better soon.

Carol, keep my fingers crossed for you.  I just read about a school district that is below par in math. That is scary.  Maybe they should go back to the old school of teaching.  The way we learned.  Reading, Writing and Arithmetic.  They should be teaching real history and they should be reading the classics.  Just my thought.

No rain, but a lot of noise after lunch.  Sun has been shining bright most of the day.

Well, getting ready to shut down for tonight.  Have a good night everyone.

Good Morning.

Brenda I enjoy weaving, I haven't been doing it very long and I still have a lot to learn but it's relaxing, I'll post a picture when I finish the blanket.

Mary Jo I agree, education is so busy trying to keep up with technology and such, which we need, but we also need some basics, I've seen high school honor students who couldn't count back change without a calculator. History was always one of my favorite subjects in school so I would love to see lots of time spent on that.

We have thunder and rain here this morning. I dodged the rain drops to go drop my car off for oil change, tire rotation and to have them check a tapping noise in the dashboard. The tapping noise is probably from a valve not opening and closing correctly for the air flow. It's not really a problem now but will eventually interfere with the temperature adjustment in the car. I'm waiting to see how much it will cost before I decide if it's getting fixed today. So other than waiting to hear from the mechanic I don't have any definite plans for the day.

Hope you all have a great day.

Good Morning.

The 3 H's are showing up this morning.  Funny Carol, I always loved History in school.

Not much going on.  Just a quite day planned.

Have fun.