katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2019 new thread

Quick check in, been a while since I found myself here, sorry for the absence. Not been crocheting. For a while our living room air conditioner wasn't working the best and was too hot to crochet, then just couldn't seem to get motivated. Hope to be back for a bit. I think I have so much that I want to make, that I get overwhelmed and then just do nothing. Hope to get my mojo back.

27 minutes ago, Tribble79 said:

Quick check in, been a while since I found myself here, sorry for the absence. Not been crocheting. For a while our living room air conditioner wasn't working the best and was too hot to crochet, then just couldn't seem to get motivated. Hope to be back for a bit. I think I have so much that I want to make, that I get overwhelmed and then just do nothing. Hope to get my mojo back.

I was just thinking about you yesterday!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

I have contacted a couple of people who use to be one here and hope they will come back.

Thank you, Mary Jo! :ty I hope they do!

Mary Jo, thank you for the Tomato Onion Relish recipe. Sounds wonderful!

You are welcome.  I  love the taste of it on my hamburgers.

Off to Dr. this morning and of course a storm is moving in.  Maybe it won't be raining over there.

Donna, Krys (USpolishGirl) said something about being asked for password everytime she comes on.  I am going to tell her to check in again and then post her problem at the bottom of the forum.

Well, here comes the rain. 

Talk late and everyone have a great day

I got my kitchen cleaned and the guest room bed washed and remade after my friend left on Tuesday.

Not working today so I need to figure out what to do next. Might need a trip to Joanns although the credit card is beginning to wimper after all the vacation charges.

Thank you, Mary Jo. Hopefully Krys (USpolishGirl) will not have that problem anymore now that the forum software has been updated, but if she does, I will troubleshoot.

Hello Everyone!

Daphne it's great to see you.

Sandra I hope you get some good sleep soon.

Mary Jo be careful out and about in the rain. We had some nasty storms come through yesterday afternoon but it's sunny now.

Quiet day here so I am doing laundry and trying to finish a mermaid dress for my granddaughter, maybe some crocheting later.  I was suppose to go for a mammogram this afternoon but they called yesterday to reschedule because they are waiting for a part to repair the mammogram machine. 

Hope you all have a great day.

• Like 1

good morning

been busy,Owlvamp I hope you get some restful sleep soon

yesterday we were on the road,putting out rocks,only found one,a spiderman face,it was pretty cool

anyone ever go to a yogurt place called Sweet Frog? you know the old saying if you have to ask the price then you can't afford it,NO price list whatsoever,on yogurt or toppings and to boot its self service,so I go up to the counter and ask,she says the cost is by weight, average cost between $ 5 and 10 but still doesn't give a base price,that place for us was a one and done,our small cup came to 4.28,sure do miss TCBY

Mary Jo hope you hit a window of no rain for your dr trip.

Carol I would love to see the mermaid dress when you finish.  I enjoy seeing your sewing projects.

Lyn not sure we have that place but I have seen one similiar.  I just looked in from the outside and wouldnt even go in and then asked my niece how it worked and it was as you described.  Niece made many trips with Poppy to TCBY way back when she was little.  Found my little jar of rocks to paint yesterday.  Guess I will pack them to move and then probably never be able to find them.

ratdog just because you visit Joanns doesnt mean you have to buy anything.  Who am I kidding?  I have bought yarn just because it made me feel better.  Resistance is futile.

Got lucky with the Dr.  We got very little rain on our way over.

Have to wait for biopsy to see what is what. Jeeze they find out right away on TV.  :rofl

We are getting some sun now and the windows are fogging up.  Must be hot out there.

Have fun today.

ha hi all you all make me smile lol  no, i dont have those yogurt places here, 

maybe there is one in the malls but i seldom go in there as well 

Well hi tribble nice to see you again!! Good  to see you as well ms. donna lol   i hope krys can get back too 

Bgs, you do rocks too, how cool  i saw a book out there, a manual on how to paint rocks but forgot  where i saw it  i also looked at my dover books catalog finally and it might have been there come to think of it, but anyway they have 2 color books i need to get lol  one is crochet pics to color, one is crafts or knitting or something lol 

I dont know if i ever mentioned this to you all but i got a letter from my lil sister's ex and his wife  they had read about my sisters passing and offered their condolences. His wife even called me on the phone about if i had any pics of him meaning my sis's ex, and i said i had a few, but dont really know yet what is there, did he want a couple if i have them and she said yes please for his history of family  i dont know why they want one pic of sis, she and he dint have any kids and she is not really a part of his family, but i will concede, it is probably more for his memories, than his wife's however i will see what is there soon  and send those on to them  Lea, they live  down your way!!  

i strugglrd with this situation, and daughter an handy said it would be the right thing to do, and i would not be betraying my sis , as she is gone on now, but i havent talked to him since their divorce many years ago  (1987) i think  ) but she is beyond caring about trivial things i am sure  so ill do it i guess we always got along with him so well and when they divorced, out of respect for her, we never saw him again   ny sister life went from one loser to the next, after that, but she could not see her way to forgiving and forgetting  i just know he would have taken much better care of her than current jerk ever has, or did  thank goodness, we never have to deal with him again huh    

ok well got a roast in th crock pot, smells good, probably have that for supper, and lunch tomorrow too lol  i really am not ever hungry persay, i dunno why, just eat something now and then to keep alive i guess and moving lol  

I did not have anything for lunch today, so maybe ill feel more like eating at supper , huh 

fresh sunny day all day no rain or clouds in site!bout it for me i guess so talk to you all later on ok!! 

• Like 1

Well Katy your sis was a part of this man's life and history. Divorce can never erase that.  I think it shows a great deal of respect for your sister that they would like a photo of her and that they even reached out to extend their condolences to you.  I have a divorced sister that still harbors strong anger and resentment for her ex.  Their split was hard for me because he was the brother I never had. They were married for 20 years and had two kids and now been divorced another 20. He thought a lot of my dad and would have attended his funeral but sis did not want him there nor did she want any photos with him in the memorial photo presentation which aggravated and upset me as of course he was in some of the best shots with the whole family.  Its his mother that I visited with last time we were at the village.  We all used to live in same area and since her grandson and granddaughter are my niece and nephew we wind up at some family events. 

We had lunch at another one of the restaurants at the village.  Its the one nearest our unit and looks out over the little lake and golf course.  Then we had an appointment at the unit so my sis and niece could see it.  They helped me to finish figuring out furniture arrangement and pointed out a few things for maintenance to fix.  Also got more questions answered about the process.  The coordinator called the tech supervisor of the dept that takes care of phone, tv, computer, and emergency systems so sis talked to him about computer hookup----wireless and ethernet.  Thats uncharted territory for me.  Now I know where to put the computer desk and which tv hookups for them to make live.  

Yes Mary Jo its amazing how fast those results come back on tv.  I worked in the lab and some things take many many hours in real life.  I wish medical stuff was more like on Stsr Trek.

Just a small spot on the top of the hinny, bumper, tush.  Funny it is where the sun don't shine.  Got one thing going, I don't spend time in the sun.  With the redhead skin, I never could.  I would burn, not tan.  I use to be the only one on the beached covered up.

Has turned into a beautiful day.

Oh Katy a nice roast and warm roll with veggies.  Sound delicious.  Heck now I have to go and get a roast.

We are watching Lincoln Lawyer with Matthew McConaughey.  I like this move and A time to kill that he is in.

• Like 1

Good morning.

How is everyone today?

Brenda I will post a picture of the mermaid dress, probably later today.

We have yogurt places like that here and I will occasionally go with the grandkids but we prefer to go have real ice cream at a restaurant that makes their own. It's sooooooo good!

Mary Jo I hope the doctor's report is a good one on the biopsy.

Katy it sounds like your dinner was delicious.

Brenda it's nice that you have your sister and niece to help with all the computer stuff, I usually have to ask my son-in-law for help with those things.

No real plans here today. Hope you all enjoy your day.

good morning

such nice cooler temps,will enjoy them while they last

Good morning all,

Just a regular Saturday here. Lazy morning, Church this afternoon and dinner out tonight.

Quite Saturday.  They are saying 30% chance of rain, but no sun, just clouds.

I am hoping to make another square today of the embossed crochet.  No hurry and it is not specified for anyone.

Had one niece get engaged at Disney World last week.  Found out on FB.  She still has about 3 years of college yet.  Hope she waits.

Called my sister this week for her 75th birthday. 

Well off to my corner.

Have a fun day.

Posted (edited)

Brenda I finished the mermaid dress and posted a picture of it along with a couple other princess outfits here...

I think there is a way to change this to a link without the picture but I'm not sure how to do it, sorry.

Edited by cshort

I just went over and saw the outfits.  They are adorable.

I stepped out to meet the grocery delivery and it is not as hot as I thought it was.

Have a fun weekend.

3 hours ago, cshort said:

I think there is a way to change this to a link without the picture but I'm not sure how to do it, sorry.

Myself, I like to see the images in embedded links, but if you want a plain text link do this: after it’s converted to an embedded link, look just a little above the “Submit Reply” button and there is a line that says, “Your link has been automatically embedded. Display as a link instead.” Click on that. If you X that out, I don’t think it gives you that option again for that particular post. 

hi everyone how we all doing anyway  sun is out birds putting around the yard what  a nice day it turned out to be today huh  well tomorrow may be the day i can talk handy into unloading a part of my closet so i can get to those pics who knows though, no guarantee lol  depends on how he pictures  his day off, which may and has varied greatly in the past from my plan of his day off lol   lol  oh a pun totally un -intended i assure you lol, ( did my smirk give it away lol??) 

so for today, its been good hope your weekend goes smoothly as well!! Oh the gowns are lovely carol you are am amazing seamstress!!

• Like 1

Carol the outfits are adorable.  I do so admire your seamstress skills.

We spent the day working the bonsai society exhibit.  It makes for a tiresome day carrying everything in and out of this particuliar building because of the steps and no elevator.  

Time to say goodnight.  The pills are out for tomorrow.  The sun is going down.

Enjoy your vacation Donna, we will all try to hold down the fort till you get back.

Have a good night everyone and see you all tomorrow.

Time to climb the wooden stairs, except we don't have stairs.:rofl