katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2019 new thread

This is how it looks looking to the neighbor's house. I couldn't get a picture of the other tree, but it was just as full.

Stevens Tree (3).JPG

Stevens Tree (2).JPG

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Mary Jo looks nice and good to know we arent having problems uploading photos.  Looks like what we try to do in bonsai-----take bushy overgrown stuff and make it look like trees.

Edited by bgs

the one thing I'm noticing is how crisp looking the pages are,much easier on the eyes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pineknott said:

the one thing I'm noticing is how crisp looking the pages are,much easier on the eyes

Yes Donna has been working hard to find a happy medium.  Initially it was a bit too large and messed things up on mobile while the font for typing replies was itty bitty.  Its amazing how different things look depending on if you are on a computer, tablet or phone and it can be different depending on the phone.  

Posted (edited)

I know what you mean Brenda.  The difference between the lap top and the main computer.  I had to have the lap top really, really close, so I could read it.  Now I sit back and enjoy reading.

Yep John calls them his 3 bonsai trees, Moe, Larry and Curly.  What is it with men and the 3 stooges?

Edited by Tampa Doll
  • Like 1

Dh likes the stooges too.  

Looks like some sections here have new names.  First is Crochetville Basics.  Second section is Crochetville Essentials and CALS have been moved up there. :yayWe are essential (at least for now)

I thought I lost this thread, then I saw it was move.  Thought I was going to pull my hair out:thair Then when I found it I cheered.:clap

Well, it is time to shut down for the night.

Good night everyone and have a good night.

good morning

been up since 6 am,thats two days in a row,I am not one that naps during the day,so it will be a long day which ends about 11:30

question for a NC person,I have an e mail adress that has triad rr Am I to put a  ( dot) between triad and rr,thanks for any help

have a great day

Not from NC, but it looks like it is a road runner e-mail address which is like mine.  I think it would read truab,rr.  Mine is tampabay.rr .

Got up a little late this morning.  What a beautiful day.  The rain will be here this afternoon.

Have to make breakfast now. 

Have a fun day.

thanks Mary Jo,It was someone I corosponded with yrs ago,that I was trying to contact

Hello everyone.

I have my little granddaughter today. My daughter will be home earlier than usual so we are going out to dinner tonight, not sure where we're going yet. My dad is driving himself again, he says he can see well enough but he's still being very cautious not to bend over and mess up his eye. Not much else going on here. Hope you all are enjoying your day.

Another hot one here, heat indexes will be over 100°.  Ran to bank this morning.  Was there awhile as had lots of questions for them.  

I am really excited to see Donna tidying things up around here.  I am even more excited after reading what she said in a response to a new member in the introduce yourself section, "Things are much quieter around here than they used to be (sadly myself and the other admin Amy got involved in other projects and didn't give Crochetville much attention) but we are starting the process to revitalize. A lot of people miss the old buzz and hubbub." :yay

Yeah, it would be nice if it got busy again.  I do hope that friends will try again and join us.

It is 92 with 50% humidity.  We are expecting maybe, could be, rain this afternoon.  Today is one bad day to be on the beach.

I am trying to work on some more scrubbies and dishcloths.

Have a fun day.

95 degrees 76% humidity here

Posted (edited)

well so far so good with getting on huh i had no probs and i haven't been here for

a day or two thinking iy wouldn't br here when i did come anyway lol  so i am so far 

pleasantly surprised ;lol   

well mj, i never was a never  eat in the morning person so most times i just force down a muffin or a small bowl of cheerios lol  lunch isnt much more either just something to take the hungries away lol  

I usually eat part of my supper, but put the rest away for maybe a bite of lunch the next day, my stomach just doesn't hold that much food at one  time  anymore, since i was so sick a couple years ago and couldn't eat i think it shrunk you know 

such a lovely cleaned up tree area mj very nice  and lea  my goodness woaw  that is some work there!!   

i just cant imagine doing that in this heat, we are cooking again today up to 115 heat index out now, and dang its humid  

so are we back cos i see no changes which is good and our thread stayed this time lol  

Edited by katyallen8090

iit seems more crisp and clear somehow so i like that lol  the board i mean    

• Like 1

Saying good night early tonight.

Be back in the morning.

Have a good night.

good Friday morning

still hot as blazes,Rene' and I will go to a library event  called what a yarn,its been going on since May,its once a month 

Yes, it's hot out but I rather the heat verses the cold. I can't take the cold and my bones don't ache much in the heat. It took me a little bit to get back on. 

Lots of noise right now.  Someone is getting rain.  Maybe we will.  Sounds like the thunder is right on top of us.

Going to shut down for a while.

Talk later.

Hello.

I was up early and on the road by 6 a.m. for the hour and a half drive to my daughter's house, the traffic is so much easier that early in the morning. We went to set up for my daughter's baby shower tomorrow. Then went to see a tiny house that my daughter's  friends are building. We had lunch and made a quick stop at Walmart for Hershey Kisses & Hugs so we could make favors for the baby shower. Now we're just kind of hanging out and relaxing. The grandkids wanted to get in the pool but its been storming off and on all afternoon so they haven't been able to swim yet. That's about it for me. I hope you all are having a great day.

Owlvamp

the person with the triad rr e mail is in Kernersville,I  guess thats near the mountains in the western part of the state

I'm glad Tampa Doll could help me out

Well, lots of noise, but no rain, again.

So I am back for a little.

Hey Brenda your jar opener is getting comments on the basket I made.

I have just finished several dishcloths/scrubby's.

Off to see what is going on in the world.

Posted (edited)

Mary Jo I thought the jar opener was a good idea when I found it---pretty simple to do but very useful.

Ok everyone we will all have to log back in on Sun.

Edited by bgs