katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2019 new thread

Posted (edited)

oh good they posted today lol  i made these from six wide band bracelets the other day  i will never wear them so lol  why not!! 

000_0585.JPG

Edited by katyallen8090
  • Like 3

Hello! I know I've been MIA. My computer finally gave up and I try to avoid typing on my phone. And I don't like doing the personal stuff at work except during my break. I'll try to get in once in awhile, though.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Well, low and behold!  I tried my bookmark for the group and it said "it couldn't be found"??  Then just for the heck of it, I tried the old link from the notifications once I got here ~ now it said "you don't have permission"?? 😕  Hmmm.  But anyhow, thank you, Katy for sending the new link to the group.  It works . . . at least for now, heh? ;)

Been staying busy, and now dealing with storms and tornado warnings, etc.  Had a big wind sweep thru last night and took the roof off of the smoke shop next door to us . . . and it landed in our yard ~ 😛   Guess hubby just got himself some building material, ya think? LoL

I love the bracelet cups you made, Katy ~ adorable and so useful!

Koala ~ I love your little mermaid and "purple people-eater"?? :D  So cute!

Our new smart phone has really came in handy for checking on the weather updates around here.  Trying to get the hang of using it (hubby doesn't deal with it too well, but he does like his new flip phone).  We finally disconnected from our landline, again, and saving about $30/month or more so far! Yay!

Hope everyone is staying safe and well during these storms . . . they're SO BIG now days!! 😮   Take care.

Edited by Lovin2Crochet

Hello everyone,

Katy, thanks for the message about the thread being lost and the link to the new one, I would have been searching for it.

Things here are keeping me busy..... grandkids, work etc... We found out this week that the grandbaby due is September is a boy, so I will have 2 grandsons and 2 granddaughters. We are all very excited about this new little one.

I am off from work today so I have a 3 day weekend which I will be spending with my kids and grandkids. Today we'll be coloring Easter eggs and having fun. We thought about going to the beach but the weather report wasn't looking too good so maybe we'll do lunch out and see what other fun stuff we can find.

That's about it from my corner of the world. Hope you all have a great day.

Wow what a great way to recycle bracelets.

Up at 5:30 this morning.  Waiting for storms to come thru.  It is still in the Gulf, so it will get very windy and rainy today.

Not much going on today.  Pollen is up, so I hope the rain knocks out some of the pollen.

Have a fun day.

good morning

stay safe Mary Jo, Katy,very neat idea to recycle bracelets

we expect storms later on

Katy perfect use of the bracelets. 

Glad to see Holly, Carole, and Carol

After some sticky sort of hot days it has cooled back down.  House got warm enough for a few days the ac would have kicked on if we had switched it over.  Now its cooled off enough the heat has been kicking on.  

Yesterday Dh was forced to start a project he didnt get to before winter set in.  Made for another tense day but we got thru it. We had a plan and most of the parts but were just waiting for warmer dryer weather.  Should be finish shortly.

Cant believe its Easter.  I didnt make it to the stores to see any of the Easter stuff for sale (I like to look even though not buying) or to grab any jelly beans for my jelly bean dispenser.  I love jelly beans and love making that little bird poop them out.  Planning on going to my sis's house Sun.  Last year we didnt get to go because the roads got slick. 

Yesterday I started trying to grab things to throw away or haul off.  I have old clothes, boots, and shoes that I wear for dirty work out here but its a little too early to toss them yet.  I sort of have lists going in my mind of things I really want to keep if I can.  I just tell myself I have so much and there are people who have lost everything from fires, tornadoes, floods, etc.  In my case I get a choice in what goes. 

I think I am starting to get somewhere on the Medicare front.  I am really thinking the best thing for us is to only sign up for A and keep our current insurance but need to check into a couple more things there.   Last fall I learned what used to be a major hospital in the area was converting to primarily taking care of seniors.  Now the odd thing was hearing they lost  or gave up their Medicare accreditation.  

ok here is the dolly blankee!! its done at last  lol umm, finally  we are getting some furniture in our new room  (pics) lol

000_0586.JPG

from 4 to 5 pm we were under a tornado warning,then it just fizzled out when it was darn close to our area,phewwwwwwwwwwww

another storm just rolled through,next town over had hail,we didn't get any thank goodness

Lyn hope they peter out soon.  I hate those evenings watching the weather coverage of all the storms.

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 12:35 PM, bgs said:

It would be a matter of selecting an available unit.  I liked units we looked at yesterday but might have to go with a smaller cheaper one.  They have all kinds of units from studio apartments to houses.  We looked at 4 plexes yesterday 2 with garages one without.   I have so much stuff to get rid of I dont know where to start. The campus is across from a mall with Target, Lowe's, Michael's, Kohls and more.  Its close to my sisters and niece.  They have free transportation to the mall, Aldi, nearby major hospital /drs building.  They have another transport service that you would pay for if you need it to other places.  The campus has restaurants.  Part of your monthly fee are food credits at them.  I have not seen the new aquatic center.  If we make it in its guaranteed home for life.   Basically I look at it like we really only need a place to sleep at night because you can roam the whole campus.  

Brenda, sounds like you found a nice place.  My main concern, after can I afford it, was how close is the main road and where are the Dr.'s offices.  Wow an aqua center. 

Storms ran thru here yesterday.  We had a tornado watch till 4 PM.  The wind was not so bad here, but some places it knocked over trees and such.  We were lucky.  Now the East coast is getting the storm.

Well, I am off to my corner.

We got rain on and off all day. Lots of tornado watches .

i don't fret over the weather just roll with Mother Nature ... Nothing I can do anyways.

Hello Everyone,

The grandkids are keeping me busy this weekend but everyone is napping or resting quietly for a little while so I thought I would pop in to say hello.

Lyn and MaryJo, glad you made it through the storms ok. Here on the east side of Florida, we had some heavy rain and some thunder but nothing horrible that I know of but I haven't seen the news today.

Katy, the blanket is soooo pretty.

We went to Joann's today to get fabric to make rail covers for the crib and cushions for a nice wicker rocking chair and ottoman that someone gave my daughter. We also bought some yarn for decorations my daughter is planning to make for her baby shower. We're planning to go to church tonight. Tomorrow the kids will enjoy their baskets of goodies and have an egg hunt before the littlest one and I drive home. 

I think I'll do some crocheting while everything is quiet here, I'm trying to finish up a poncho that I've been working on for me so I can start crocheting some lambs to add to the baby shower decorations. 

I hope you all have a wonderful Easter.

Mary Jo there actually used to be a hospital on campus which is in Lees Summit but it was bought out by a corporation that bought out all the other area hospital except for the Saints (Luke, Joseph,Mary).  They built a new larger hospital not far away and one of the St. Lukes is close and has a big Dr.s building.  Its just off a main highway but not an interstate.  Its the same highway that my house in Raytown was a block off of.  My orthodontist, dentist, 2 sisters, and niece would be 10 miles away instead of 50.  The dr that did my cataract surgery is in Lees Summit as well as both garages we use to service our cars.  When they wont go thats where they get towed to.  We shop a lot in that area as do my sisters and niece and our favorite pizza place is there too.  This is the place I have dreamed about living since I  was 30.  I remember when it was built.  I never figured I would be able to afford it and even if they say we can I will worry myself sick over the money it costs.  There are some other senior places adjacent to this campus.  They owned more property adjacent to the campus and donated a parcel for a new fire station cant remember if ambulance too.  They sold another section to a developer but put restrictions on it to be senior housing.  They have a 9 hole golf course.  The one unit's little back yard went down to a little lake with the golf course on the other side.  Dont know if they still have an outdoor pool.  The old indoor one is small.  Havent seen the aqua center.  Its been built since my last tour.  Oh and my mom was director of nursing at their care center.  She loved it there but didnt get to work there long before she died.  They were so nice and brought food, plates napkins etc to the house.  They also held a special memorial service for her and awarded a nursing scholarship in her name.  They have a gym, woodshop, gardening, AND a crochet group.  There are several and a range of eating places.  Part of your monthly fee includes a food credit at them so you will want to use it.  The marketing person we dealt with in the past had said she knew of someone that got down to the end of the month and not used it up so they bought bottles of wine to take home.  The units have the little washing machines with the little dryer dtacked on top.  They come in and shampoo the carpet once per year, replace carpet and repaint every 8 years.  They come in and clean the apartments every two weeks and do flat laundry once per week.  

Gee sorry I rambled on so much.  Glad you all made it thru the storms with little to no damage.

We had dulcimer today.  Jan and Feb were canceled due to slick roads.  No meeting in March as many go to a workshop instead.

• Like 1

good morning Happy Easter

Its like an easter egg ..hunt.... here you folks are!!

Actually MJ sent me an email.... or goodness knows I would have been flopping around wondering what the dickens happened...

We had a good day... MIL fell on Fri and broke her ankle  so we all pitched in and made Easter happen at her place....church was lovely , 

working on a small crocheted bird for my DIls bday next week to go with the hummingbird feeder I bought for her bday, then  I , need to finish up a bee pillow I made for Savannah's bday... then need to finish up wyatts blanket for his bday the end of May.... then I can start on the june bdays.....

Hope everyone had a fine day!

I’m glad everyone with bad weather seems to be getting through. We have moderate weather right now so I’m sure the skies will grow dark and pour rain any moment. 😝 Because that’s the way it is. 

Blessed Easter to everyone celebrating in whichever way you want. 😁

It is 54 this morning and I am in sweats.  By noon I will be back in shorts.  They are saying more rain, but there is not a cloud in the sky.

Beautiful weekend here, once the storm moved out.

I made a crazy carrot yesterday.  As soon as I get a picture I will show it.  The pattern was in the Crochet A day calendar.

Well off to see what the day has to offer.  Oh Katy I love the blanket.

Brenda the place sounds great.  I get having to go thru stuff to get rid of it. 

Have a fun day.

good morning,partly cloudy

Bill was busy this morning putting plants out,some fared well,others might not come back.Three amaryllis will bloom this yr,most times the white one is fickle and blooms once every three or four years.

I have completed the 10 nests from last years batch,now to make a run out their way sometime soon.there are two other places requesting,one in Newport News which is just a bridge and tunnel ride away, the other is in NC,over by Raleigh,so those will be mailed off,to keep postage reasonable she will only get 10 or 15

Posted (edited)

Yesterday was warm and sunny.  So much better than last Easter when we had a blizzard and slick roads.  We went to my sis's house.  It was just myself, dh, sis 1 and 2 and niece1.  We got to quiz sis 2 about nice2's wedding plans.  Its going to be interesting.  So far she says she wants a country theme and held outdoors at a place they have yet to buy.  He is wearing his kilt and she plans on wearing a white tux.  Sounds like right now she is trying to see who all she can borrow things from and get to do things for her like mom making 400 cupcakes (that was a big no)and wondering if niece #1 could plant and grow enough green beans this summer for the reception-----she doesnt have a clue on gardening.  Good thing she mentioned it to her mom so she could gently squelch that as niece1 had just spent hours tilling and planting and most likely would not have responded nicely.   She is a good 2 hours away from us and 3 hours away from her mom, sis 1 and niece1.

Lyn anymore that postage is a killer.  Yesterday I left two afghans with my sister to take to work for their Project Linus drive.  Dh never paid attention that they did this. 

Mary Jo I had to reread crazy carrot because my mind added the word cake to it and left me wondering what a crazy carrot cake tasted like.

Edited by bgs

Posted (edited)

hello  all  more pics as i have been keeping myself busy making dolly blankees for bailey4"s  cause  here are two  more completed the third one this am     they all three are 20 by 20 lol  so hope it works out   

i will mail mail later this year 

hope all had a hoppy easter!! bgs it can be so overwhelming to get rid of stuff, but remember, its only stuff you know so just start with one room or one closet or one drawer,  even, and start small, and progress slowly 

oh daughter has someone interested in my singer so that will be gone before the sal comes in may   less to tote to neighbors lol  

Handy has a pork roast in the crock it is smelling so delish!!

tampa i dont know what a crazy carrot is, but awaiting your pic lol  

i too emailed you ms meme lol  unless it went to the wrong person so thanks tampa, and sandra too for the back up!!

overcast today gonna rain i think   

all the news for now ill catch up tomorrow with everyone!!excuse the coloring in the pics as i said, it is darkening out lol  

000_0588.JPG

000_0590.JPG

Edited by katyallen8090

A crazy carrot is a carrot with big eyes and a smirk.  I hope to have the pictures tomorrow.

Ok Brenda, you have got to tell me why green beans? I can understand the kilt, but not the white tux, but each their own.  The 400 cupcakes had me, sorry, laughing.  But the green beans threw me for a loop.  Sounds like a fun wedding.  Is she in MO?

I finally got an answer to the question I have on the vest.  I had sent 3 e-mails with the same question, nothing.  I finally got fed up and went on the web site and gave the pattern a 3 star rating and explained why.  Guess what I got in my e-mail this afternoon.  Yep, I heard from them, telling me there will be a correction in about a week.  Still did not tell me the answer, but at least I heard from them.  Shame I had to do what I did to even get an answer.

Ok enough complaining.

Hope everyone had a nice Easter.

Off to see what is going on.

Have a great night.

Bgs

before when they did packages by weight only,I  could afford to send things to CA.,not since they decided to do weight and distance,its just too costly,most pkgs. only go about as far west as MO.thats my limit,and forget trying to send things to Germany,under a lb is about 45.00

it would probably be costly to mail 50 nests to Va. Beach thats why I'm glad I have the option of dropping them off