katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2019 new thread

good afternoon

lucky people,I'm a Paul fan,almost seen him in Japan,marred by his stint of bread and water,couldn't get a proper tea

7 hours ago, ratdog said:

We leave today, come back tuesday morning. Quick trip but i have to work wednesday.

bummer, I was hoping to meet up....Enjoy!!!

Hot.... my mojo to do anything except sit is gone....

I am trying to go through the bazillion magazines I have  and figure out where to donate.... they are mostly Birds and Bloom so I am thinking the memory Care unit might want them with all the pictures... do kids in preschool still cut up magazines to make collages?  One of my grandsons did a cut and paste collage on the computer ...doesn't seem the same...

My grandson turned 4 yesterday.. he is autistic and it was a bit much for him..here is the blanket I made for him

blankie.jpg

• Like 1

Lea love the blanket.  One of the thrift stores near my sister takes magazines and sells them for 5 or 10 cents.  Sis said people could afford those for kids school projects.  I just send craft, cooking or ones with lots of good pictures.  The memory care unit sounds like a good idea.  I dont like the heat either.

ratdog I am excited for you.  Hope you have a great time. That experience would be lost on me as I really couldnt claim to be a fan. l could take or leave it. Never really was in to the Beatles but back then you couldnt escape them.  I did watch the Beatles cartoon though.  I like some of Paul's music and respect the influence he has had over the music industry and acknowledge he is a legend.  

No rain or storms last night---relief.  Talked with a guy at church this morning.  The other night he could see the wall cloud with a funnel forming and trying to drop down.  Said at one point when he was going to open the door to look out he could feel the suction pulling the door shut and decided maybe he should be in the basement.

Hello everyone,

Staying busy here but wanted to let you know that I'm still around.

Lea, the blanket is adorable.

I hope you are all enjoying the weekend.

Love the blanket Lea. 

Beautiful day to have parades and to honor our fallen heroes.

Take the time to thanks those who are no longer with us, who gave us our freedoms.

Happy Memorial Day.

Good Morning

I have the day off but of course my body missed the memo and I was up early. I'm doing some sewing this morning and then will be heading to my daughter's house this afternoon.

I hope you all enjoy the holiday and take time to remember those who gave their lives protecting us.

Happy Memorial Day.

I am trying this from a tablet ,I see wwhat you mean bgs about not seeing the signature.

Cool Lyn has a new toy.  Its been so long since I was here using a pc that I cant remember all the differences. I cant change font size or color.  Can only bold, italic, or underline.  The upgrade before this last one made uploading photos infinitely easier.  That used to be a royal pain.  That upgrade was wonderful as far as mobile.    Last upgrade just ruined it.  Made things hard or impossible to read.  Things like white lettering on light gray.  Also some choices on top of other choices--- online users and log out and it logs me out.  Then at the bottom of screen there are black letters on very dark gray almost black background.  One of the things it says is copyright 2094-2017.  

We had scattered thunder showers this morning.  We usually spend this day catching up mowing but today met with sis and niece for lunch at a Mexican Restaurant.  Then we drove by both cemeteries and stopped at a nursery do I could get some seeds and a couple of plants.  This evening I am working on more ministockings for w4w.

Good Morning.  How is everyone doing in the area with tornados and floods.  I am sitting and watching the news, and it is amazing what these storms can do.  I saw a garage with the front missing and the truck still parked in it without a scratch.  They are amazing and scary.

Beautiful day today.

Well, my bad luck has not changed.  I finished making breakfast, and when you turn off the burner, (I have a glass tip electric) a light comes on to tell you the surface is hot.  It turns off when the surface is touchable and not hot.  Well, yesterday it did not turn off.  I tried turning it off and on several times and nothing.  So I went out and turned off the breaker for the stove.  Turned it back on and nothing changed.  Had to turn it all off for the night.  Turned it on this morning and it was off.  As I was making breakfast, I touched the burner and it was warm.  The light did go off after I turned off the burn.  We checked it out and it was cheaper to buy a new stove, then to get it fixed.  So Friday they will deliver and hook up a new stove.  Of course, this is minor to what is going on in the world.

So I am going to go to my corner and see what happens today.

Have a good day.

Mary Jo know what you mean.   Guess we fall into the catagory of if it werent for bad luck we'd have no luck at all.  If we get to move to the one place it has a glass top stove.  I have never used one and am a little afraid of it.  I will have to learn how to use and care for it.  I think thats what a lot of places are putting in anymore as they have to replace stoves.  

We had a storm free night but expecting severe weather this evening.  

We need rain here. Our grass is dying and I am watering it at night.

Mary Jo sorry about the stove. I totally understand how you feel. Right we are having some pipes being clogged and backing up. And as soon as we think we got it we don't ..ugh!!!!

Thank you both.  Yeah I am in that category.  If not for bad luck, no luck at all.  I love the glass stove top. 

You can get a good cleaner in the grocery store, to keep it clean.  I do use a scraper that uses a one sided razor blade, to get rid of any spills that stick. I love this stove.  I ordered the exact same one to replace the one that is slowly dying.  It is probably just a part they plug in or it could be something else, but it is about $200 just to walk in the door or something close to that.  I got lucky that the stove is on sale, actually almost $100 off.  Got lucky there.

Wednesday is the Dr. visit and I may stop at the store.  This is our 3 month visit, nothing exciting.

Well off to see what to make for dinner.

wow everyone ok?? w sure got  whambamboozie of a storm here early this am max woke us up about 3 am, he

never does that two seconds 

later the heavy hail hit for what seemed like hours  we lost our window screens on the west side ( thank goodness for wood siding huh ) 

of the house where , 70mph winds drove the hail into the west side just shredding our window screens to pieces even the back door screen. 

Our deck chairs are or  were in pieces, and the sun roof in the shed, had acquired three large holes in the plexi glass    

But we fared far better than others in our immediate area, as they all had holes

in their vinyl siding, and lots of broken glass in  their windows , trees down and one combination window, frame and all, in one case  where it went no one knows , its gone in the wind    

What trees are left, have no leaves on them just bare branches and the street is green with tree debri and leaves  many people had to be towed in omaha, as th ey drove in too deep water and couldn't get out  Hail was piled up three feet high at least and a plow had to come remove it from the bottom of the hill where it all seemed to go with the heavy rains  oh and if that is not quite enough yet more heavy storms expected today throughout all night 

good news is, everyone is ok, and we out here are not usually subject to electricity being knocked out but many others in the city have no electricity either  what a bamboozler this was huh      

i hear of tornados in ok, and  ks and mo.  and such across the central us. so all heed weather warnings ok    

Take care all be safe.  see ya soon  :ghug

Edited by katyallen8090

Wow be careful Katy. Sounds like you get hit with the edge of a tornado.  The hail and high winds.

Glad to hear you are all ok.

Please be careful.

no storms here but hot as haddes,three days left and May will go in the record books as our hottest May ever,I would think those stoves would be a hazard with young children,I'm getting more used to this new to us old car,my knees aren't jumping around,I'm just a bunch of nerves with cars

Katy, that sounds so scary...glad you are okay, but sorry about the furniture and screens...

Got home early this a.m. from  watching the Princess last night...came home and straightened up a bit , then Chris and I went grocery shopping..home now to eat a frozen pizza for dinner and then going to bed early....did manage to relax and crochet a square today...

stay safe and cool everyone

Katy, I'm glad you are ok, sorry about the damage to your screens. 

I guess today must be the day for household problems, my air conditioner is not working right. Tomorrow my dad is going to call the ac repair company that we have a service contract with. The inside fan is blowing and my sewing room is on the unit that cools my parents side of the house so I have some cool air moving, I might sleep on the sofa because the living room is connected to the sewing room so it's a little cooler than the bedroom.

Not much else going on here. Hope you all have a good and quiet night.

Pineknott glad to hear you are getting use to the new/old car.

Lea the little one's sure can wear us out real quick.

cshort, boy I worry every summer about the air.  The guy across the street and the guy next door to me have both had AC companies out to fix the AC.  Ours is due for it's yearly check-up soon.  Fingers crossed.  Hope you get yours fix real quick. 

One thing I do not have to worry about anymore, is little ones and the electric stove.  This is what I am getting.  Only white this time not cream.

Stove.jpg

Katy glad you didnt have any more damage than you did.  Very bad weather KC area tonight.  We are dressed and packed to head to bathroom.  Mile wide tornado staying on ground.

Tonight it stayed north of us.  This one started in Lawrence KS.  Lots of damage there.  It dropped debris from there in downtown KC so much they had to shut down the street cars.  This one was on ground for 2 hours. Lots of people with no power.  More storms coming.  One has a tornado warning associated with it.  Cant help but think there arent any fatalities.  

good morning its 7:00 a.m.

just got up and having first sips of coffee,I'll be back later