katyallen8090

granny squares work and chat friends 2019 new thread

sorry you had to give the nests up Katie,to me anytime my hands ache or get tightness in them doing those nests is really helpful in loosening up my fingers and hand,wrist included

Bgs

here it is the start of summer semester,and 4 day work weeks,has Fridays off till August

we try and schedule Bill to do things,almost always he is changing it to suit him,we had the re-use center on Wednesday,he changed it to today,even tho school is on break,he still had to go in for an unresolved problem they are having,I'm surprised we don't have to do a chit request( navy speak)but soon we will have to have three lists of whats going on so things don't get out of hand

Lyn I have dh schedule stuff.  There is no way I could guess what he thinks he will do and when. It often makes no sense to me.  If I hadnt stopped him from making an appointment with the senior place for Tues we would have driven 20 miles east of home to the dmv and you never know how long the wait will be there.  Then rush 60 miles west to an appointment at the senior place and then 40 miles back home.  Then that evening he went 50 miles one way north  to USCGA meeting which he had forgotten when making appointments even though it was on the calendar.  It wears me out running up and down the road so much and I dont get anything done at home.  I do like to bundle errands when we are out but I dont like making multiple appointments too close together in opposite directions miles apart.  

Mary Jo, thank you for the link. Everything is lovely, as always. 🥰 

bgs, I have to schedule everything or nothing would happen haha

We’ve been passing a cold back and forth lately. Weather has been really nice, really stormy, and everything in between. We had an earthquake for the first time in a while yesterday and there were also tornadoes.

(note: earthquakes in Kansas have become a thing in recent years, due to fracking in Oklahoma. They really aren’t very strong at all but it’s really unnerving to people who have never encountered any in their lives)

I have a calendar on the computer that has everything listed from Dr.'s to when we bought the washer and dryer.  It is so full sometimes I can't see what is new and what is old.  If I do not keep a calendar, I will have 2 Dr. appointments on the same day.

It has been cool here, no humidity.  We may get some rain today or tomorrow.

The Gulf is up to 83 degrees.  Warm enough to go in.  I have to check the pool water, we usually run the same as the Gulf.

I am trying to make ribs today, in the oven.  We gave away the grill quite a few years ago.

Well the oven is ringing, I better check.  Ribs, Corn on the cob, potato salad and macaroni salad.  I have a small glass of wine and I will have tea with my dinner.

Have a great day. 

I am moving slower that a sloth today... didn't sleep welll...I was tired so went to bed at 8:30, then woke up at 10:30 for bathroom...then I thought it was morning and it was only a little past midnight when I looked at the clock... dozed off... up at 3... tossed and turned...back to sleep at 5...up at 7:30..I decided if I went to church I would have slept the whole sermon so here I am...

Finished a blanket for DIL's bday this morning...did a load of laundry, that is about all I can motivate for!

Lyn, we have a reuse center about 30 miles from here called the ScapExchange.  I love it but don't get down there much....next time we head to suffolk area I'll have to check it out.... My son and DIL just got back from there..she had her last green card interview in Norfolk...they love VA Beach..

Might start a new project this afternoon...might read....might nap...

Hope everyone has a great day!

Lea

the re-use center is in Norfolk,if you heard of Doumars,its right by there,they are open Wed.- Saturday 12 to 6

I had an up and down night like that too,not feeling like doing much of anything,have wash to do,and thats about it,energy wise

Koala last two times we visited dh's cousin in Moundridge KS there were some very slight tremors.  There are oil wells in that area with fracking going on.

I have a calendar on the wall with all appointments, club meetings, training etc but you have to look at for it to do you any good.  I am not sure we will pass the mental test they give to see if you are fit to be on your own.  

Lea and Lyn I am exhausted today also.  Its been a struggle to do anything.  Lea I didnt fall asleep at church but I sure hated opening my eyes after the prayers.  

oh golly,Bill does that with grocery lists,somethings missing,it was on the list,guess he thought it would filter from his back pocket to his memory,why do I make a list for then??

They look like fun places to go.

You all have described a typical night for me.  I get up about every 2 to 3 hours, fall back into bed for another couple to 3 hours and it starts all over again.  Some nights, when I turn over, the pain from the knee wakes me up.  Once in a while I will sleep all night, without waking up once.  That is a great night, but few and far between.

I am sure you will pass with flying colors.

When I lived in NJ, we use to visit Va. Beach with my folks.  I really liked camping down there.  We camped up and down the east coast from MA. to the Panhandle.  Of course, little did we know, that the crocking we heard in Florida, was gators and not frogs. :rofl

MJ..gators make noise????? Learn something new every day..

Brenda, that is so funny.. somedays you just yearn for a long prayer..

Thanks for the heads up Lyn....of course I have enough craft projects of all kinds to last me till I'm 104...

hello  well weather is more like fall today boy we had a short summer lol  chilly only high of 56 today and we had that this am lol  rained all night sometimes heavy sometimes not but always wet lol  I did resist however in turning the furnace on as i refuse to   do so  in may for goodness sakes mid may at that!!

no calls for two days and no visitors either so people must be busy    Well i fguess im wrong as i forgot a neighbor did call yesterday lol 

all the helicopters from the trees the last few windy days got mowed and bagged by the lawn guy so we wont have a million little trees sprouting up in the yard  i  think they are off the maple trees  in the next yard over lol  not sure but they  clog our gutters too  we dont have a tree in the yard at all anymore  so its notfrom ou s lol   

mj you dinner sounds delish  

Mary Jo I dont know about the test.  The other night dh was headed out the door to USGA meeting and told me good bye he was going to bed.  Last week when the suv wasnt moving he had it in neutral and yesterday he had it in drive when it was supposed to be in reverse.  Looks for glasses or hat and they're on his head.  Asks me same question in just a few minutes after I just answered it---he has been doing this for last 22 years.  Its going to be so much fun in a different place and neither of us knowing where things are.

I figure calendars, agendas, planners, and even little notepads were invented to help make life easier for those of us who can barely remember what day it is. I have little reminders set and everything because I’m a total flake. 

I also didn’t know gators croaked. I don’t think there are many in Kansas, though......

Brenda, I’ve been there. Sleepy, sleepy in church.

Yep, they grunt or crock or make some kind of noise.  The older they are, the deeper the noise is.  I am sure someone will say different, but the one's I have heard sound like frogs.  There is a show called Lone Star Law.  It is about the Conservation officers in Texas.  Once is a while they catch a gator and it makes noise, especially the little ones.  There is also one Called Northwoods law or justice that is in Maine.  They are all on the Animal Planet.  It is fascinating to watch them.

Well, today was a fun day.  I was doing the wash.  28 years ago when the house was built, I had a wire shelf put in by the builder and we put in another.  So two of the wall had a shelf that is just over my head.  One over the washer dryer and the other to my right.  Well, I was doing the wash, put the softener up on shelf to my left, turned to leave and BAM!!!  The shelf fell.  Everything on it and the hangers handing from it were all over the floor.  That was all it took.  I broke.  Bad sleep night, knee killing me and then this.  One thing to much.  I now have to try and find someone who can or will install a new shelf.  Well, I guess 28 years is the limit. 

Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Off to get the prescriptions out for tomorrow.

Have a good night.

Mary Jo sorry about the shelf.  I hope nothing hit you or broke open that hurt you or made an even bigger mess.  Sounds like it would have been a rough situation to deal with on a good day.  Sorry about your knee.  I had hoped they had it so it wasnt bothering you anymore.  So is hockey over yet?  Royals stink so bad the other night they put a second baseman in as pitcher.  Chiefs in holding pattern with Hill but 2 ex Chiefs have signed one day contracts so they could retire as Chiefs and another one plans to do the same.

Sat we had periods of pouring down rain with lots of lightening all day long but we managed to be going to and from the car between the storms.  The worst was driving to the shelter house for a celebration of life picnic in the middle of one of the storms. I was glad it had passed on by the time we got there and that the next one did not have near as much lightening.  

Sorry about the Royals, John just said the Rays aren't doing to well.  I had to laugh about the Second Baseman taking over for the pitcher.

No hockey is not over.  I have stopped watching.  I do not like either team playing the last 7 seven. It is Boston and St. Louis. 

Nothing broke, or made a bigger mess.  There are days when my knee hurts really, really bad.  Especially if we are going to have rain.  No they only exercised the muscles.  It worked for a while, then nothing.  If I go back, they will just send me to rehab again.  So I usually keep quite about it hurting.  I do not like to complain. Yesterday was to much.

We got someone to put up the shelf, so all is good again.  I will now be going over what is on the other shelf and either throw away stuff, or move it to the garage.

I hope everyone is safe where the severe weather is.  I have been watching the news and it does not look good.  In about 2 weeks, they will start bombarding us with hurricane stuff.

Hot and humid this week, so I guess summer is here.

Have a fun day.

Good Morning from Hot and Humid Florida.  Yep, summer is here and we are into the old summer weather reports.  Hazy, Hot and Humid with a chance of scattered showers.  It will go up to 92 today and the Gulf waters are 83 degrees.  Can anyone say warm bath water?

It is not even June and there is a named storm in the Atlantic.  It is not going to bother the US, but I thought I had at least anther week before they started to bombard us with hurricane stuff.

Hope all is well in the west.  They have been talking about Texas and Oklahoma.  Really scary.  I could not believe the pictures from the one storm chaser who ended up in the middle of the tornado and only lost his hat.  Boy was he lucky.

Ok enough.  Today I will be emptying the other shelf for when the guy comes to put up the shelf.  We are waiting for the parts we ordered for the shelf.

I am off to make breakfast and hope you all have a great day.

Yesterday afternoon the storms moved back in with heavy downpours and lots of lightening.  We were on the cool side of the front so we were spared the really bad stuff.  I did notice that our Carole's town was mentioned on the weather coverage last night as having a house damaged nearby.   

Mary Jo so  you are back to the triple H weather.  Sorry about the hockey not being teams you want to watch but sounds like its between the only two teams names I recognize.  I hate that your knee bothers you so much. Sis is trying to decide on when to have her second knee replaced.  The one done last year is bothering her a lot after sort of twisting it on ice this past winter.

Slow start to the day here.  Its cloudy and raining and we both slept a little later.  Cant believe its going to be Memorial Day weekend.