When you can't hold a needle anymore???

Jayashiangel

Question

I started crocheting when I noticed I was having carpal tunnel issues... and for a very very long time it helped but recently the carpal tunnel is getting worse but my biggest concern is I cannot hold a threadng needle... So I can't weave all my ends in any tips or tricks you guys got out there?? As I don't want to crochet over the strings cuz I'm afraid they'll come out....

Thanks Everyone in Advance....

5 answers to this question

Gosh, I'm so sorry.  I don't have carpal tunnel but do have other issues and I and my creaky fingers sympathize,

Do you have a thread crochet hook, or maybe a really small (B, C) size yarn hook?  You could split the plies and hook-pull-weave half the plies one way, and half the other, with the hook.  That's the only thing that comes to mind.

Gosh I'm sorry you're going through this. When I have arthritis issues, I do like Granny square says with a very small hook, except, I pull the ends through like a box, (up through st, across row 2-3- st,, down through the st to the original row, then across the 2-3 st to where the yarn end started) Make sense?

Sorry to hear you have that problem.

Actually when I can, instead of leaving them hang, I crochet over the ends for no less than 3 and no more than 6 stitches.  It anchors the yarn and also makes it a little smoother, for me anyway.

While crocheting, or when I need to use a needle, I wear wrist bands for my carpal tunnel.  It helps, even when I knit.

Archived