Piece Bunches

dnmoore

Question

4 answers to this question

I'm really not seeing anything outrageously out of the ordinary except a little bit of edge ruffling possibly on the left side and the top (a little hard to see with your shadow ;)   Did it seem flatter before you added the black trim? The pink looks perfectly flat to me, it's just the edge that's misbehaving, right?

Sometimes the same brand and weight class, but different colors, can vary a tiny bit in thickness; maybe the black is a little thicker than the pink.  You could try pushing the edge around to get the ruffling in 1 place (hope that makes sense), and determine how many stitches are in the ruffle and therefore 'extra' you might have around the edge--probably not a lot, maybe 3 or 4 max per side?  Then rip and re-do the black edge and evenly space  SC2tog to reduce the number of extra stitches.  (I suggested the SCs because IMO the reductions would look less noticeable in the short stitches, but would work on the taller ones as well -- whatever looks best to you. ) Don't reduce stitches in the corners.

That's beautiful!  What is the name of the pattern?  Is it free?  I'd love to make that for our Veterans' Hospitals!!

Very nice, can I get the pattern? I think the problem is the edging. Where the longer stitches go down into the "valley", try skipping the center stitch, or maybe even crocheting the 2 on either side of the center stitch together. Keep the corners the same. Then add a round of sc to the border, with 3 sc in the center stitch of the corner (if it's an even #, sc in 1/2 the stitches, ch 3, sc in the rest), that should square it off. 

Ellie 13

Archived