Help I don't understand pattern

Charlotte100246

Question

I'm fairly new to reading patterns but liked the look of this so thought I would give it a go, all was great until I got to the sleeve part, now I'm totally lost and at the point of giving up, is there anybody that could help, I'm confused by all the different start from * to *

Any help would be much appreciated, I've unpicked it 6 times already

IMG_20190313_191632.jpg

IMG_20190318_162246.jpg

IMG_20190318_162254.jpg

1 answer to this question

This is made in 2 pieces and sewn at the sides and underarms, right?

I'm in the US, and this is UK terms (no problem your half treble is our half double), but I'm blanking on what a TCH is.  Turning chain?  

So, up to the sleeves, you've made a rectangle  that is either the front or the back (let's say back), that is half of your garment's body diameter.  This is a T shirt, you've made the vertical part of the T.  Now you need to make the foundations for the horizontal part of the T that sticks out beyond the body on either side, so you will, on following rows, be working as sleeve, back, sleeve, all in 1 row.  To make this foundation, you have to add chains to each side of the body back, so the bottom row of the sleeves will be in the same line as the next row of the body.  The reason you make an extra chain on the second half of that instruction (19 versus 18) is that the extra chain will be a turning chain, which you don't need at the far end of the row made into the foundation chain.  

Hopefully this helps you picture what you're doing.  You should be doing the same stitch pattern as before, just over a longer length.

Archived