Seraphina Shawl?

shana_putnam

Question

I am so lost on this pattern.  The Seraphina Shawl by Doni.  Which pattern is right?  There are several versions and corrections and I tried to start RoseRed's version last night but I just can't grasp what I am doing.  I am not new to crochet but this has thrown me.

2 answers to this question

I haven't made it, but I assume you've seen the charted version on page 5 of this 'ville thread?  Sorry, don't know how to link to one post (edit - but I seem to have linked to the right page, yay!), but it might not hurt to read thru the comments on the other pages.  That thread was started by Amy Shelton, who is the owner of Crochetville, and she was given permission to post the pattern from the designer.  Scanning some of the remarks here and on Ravelry, the written pattern was confusing but hopefully the chart will clarify things.

I am still confused lol.  I do not understand graphs.  Sad, I know.  I am not a visual learner and reading usually does it for me but this is not clicking at all.  Thank you for trying to help though.

Archived