Question

5 answers to this question

Remember to always leave a 6" tail for weaving in.  Just weave it back and forth through the preceding rows.  (You can't do this in the first few rows, of course, so just wait until you have a few more rows done! 😊 )

😱 I didn’t leave 6 inches haha good thing I haven’t gotten very far yet.

since I gave up on my Navajo one, I figured I would use the same color layout

39374D33-34E0-4BE1-ACFC-7249BBE23CF5.jpeg

Edited by SolusUmbra

Glad you found another project for your yarn, looking good!  Nice straight sides.  :yes

Are the ends at the bottom look long enough for tassels? Maybe add more strands for tassels top and bottom (assuming you are making a rectangle and the bottom of your pic is one of the narrow sides) and weave in the side ends?  Just a thought.  I'm lazy tassels are easier than weaving ;)   Would add a bit more of the original Navajo pattern's look, and would finish it off nicely.

I thought about doing the tassels but am slowly changing my mind.  Leaning to a simple wave border in the brown. 

I personally prefer to weave in the tails when they end, then crochet over them for added security to make sure they don’t come out. At the beginning you can weave them into the chain up stitches then over the top of the next row.