Baby blanket

Jwilk

Question

It has been 30 years since I started this but would like to finish it!  The pattern calls this Fisherman Crochet. I just put in 3 rows of single crochet. The next pattern stitch is called “low ridge front.”

1.  Working in front loop only of previous row, slip stitch in each sc across, chain 1, turn. 

2.  Working in UNUSED loop of previous row, sc in each sc across, end by working sc in turning ch; ch 1, turn.

My problem is #2.  What would you say is the “unused loop of previous row”?  Is it the back loop of the slip stitch??   

5 answers to this question

Here's my interpretation and it would make a ridge or thicker row (reminds me of a Thermal Stitch, except worked in a front loop not back).

Let's say the row before the 2 you wrote above is row 0.

When you worked row 1 in the front loop of the row 0, you left the back loop of row 0 unused.

When you turn it over, to start row 2, the unused back loop of row 0 is now in front--but 2 rows down.

There is no unused loop in row 1, so I believe it is telling you to work into the unused loop from row 0.  This would leave a sort of folded over ridge on the side facing away from you as you work row 2.

No its worked in what was the back loop of the sc where you already worked the slip stitches into the front loop so on that row of sc you will have slip stiches on one side and sc on the other side----both worked into the same sc row.

Archived