Attaching parts

LouBee96

Question

Hi, I’m relatively new to crocheting but have found a love for it!  

I have just made my first few bunnies as a gift for a friend however really struggled to attach all the parts using my embroidery needle. I tried using the hook however it looked really messy. 

Has as anybody got any advice or tips so that my embroidery needle didn’t get stuck or just an easier technique. 

Thank you x 

2 answers to this question

I'm not sure what you mean by needle getting 'stuck'.  There are different sorts of needles you could use, sharp ones and tapestry (blunt) ones; I'd use my sharp one, as you may sometimes need to sew thru the plies of the yarn, rather than between the crochet stitches which the blunt needle is better for, for the right shaping/invisible seam.

This is something better visually demonstrated, I think, than explained with words; try googling 'how to sew together crochet toys'.  A whole bunch of helpful videos, and blog tutorials showed up with those search terms.  It's mostly about hiding the stitching under the edge of the part you are attaching, so no sewing-on stitching, or top/bottom edges of the stitches of the attached thing,  shows on the outside.

Hi Villager,  

Thank you for replying. I will have a look at some videos. BY getting stuck I meant i think my needle was too large as it wouldn't go through my gaps. I am hoping with practice it will get easier and wont baffle me quite as much. 

Archived