Lucien

Need Help Changing Color

Question

There is a spot in this video that shows how to change color for a single row. After fastening off, how do I weave in the color of just that one row. I may want to change to a different colored stripe for six or so rows? 25:00 into video

2 answers to this question

Since this has a 'public' and 'wrong' side, just weave it in the same  row - in the video example, weave the white tail in the back of the white row, so it doesn't show on the front.   Weave thru the plies of the yarn, in different  directions, and back onto itself, so that it can't come out.  Some people split the plies and weave them separately for extra security.

Thanks so much. I thought that might be how to do it but wasn't sure it wouldn't show. I will post a picture when I am done crocheting the beanie. I started out doing a pair of baby booties. It actually took me a year to do two booties. I could not figure out where to insert my hook and would get frustrated to the point I would put it away for a bit. Since then I decided to try a beanie and was surprised how much easier it went. Soooo, I did about eight beanies. It's time to try striped beanies and am also working on a newsboy beanie for a 4 year old. I have learned how to mark my starting stitch--that helped a lot.