sandyloujo

Hi fellow crocheters! Please help!

Question

I was given this partially completed afghan with no pattern, and would really like to be able to duplicate it.  I am so hoping that members of this forum can help me with my request.

I am always looking for patterns that are heart-related afghans for family gifts.

20190126_170452.jpg

Edited by sandyloujo
Typo!

4 answers to this question

I've looked around but haven't found the pattern.  It looks like it could be knit.

The blanket is worked in the north-south direction of the photograph.  I suspect it might be made similarly to the 'Navajo Blanket' patterns.  Those are made in SC, using post stitches for a surface design, and same side facing - leaving a tail for a fringe later, sc across in the back loops with post stitches here and there, finish off the end and leave a tail for fringe.  Don't turn, repeat.  Tie the ends from 2-3 adjacent rows to make fringe.  Working in the back loops keeps the fabric from skewing - at least it does in the round, which this technique sort of is.

This isn't quite it, not meaning it matches YOUR pattern but it might be made in a similar way.  This Navajo blanket (little box at top right has a pic) looks like it has 2 adjacent post stitches in a sort of staggered diamond pattern.  You can also do post sts around post stitches at an angle, to make continuous line shapes more like your blanket's hearts.  This is just a 'sort of looks like', and would work if you were trying to make a blanket from scratch that looked similar to your piece, but won't exactly match.  Not a whole lot of help I'm afraid, to finish this particular blanket.

Edited by Granny Square

I think it's called SweetHeart  #1084 by Shady Lane. Scroll down about half way, It's shown in pink  with a little girl.

Shady Lane

Edited by RubyRed
  • Thanks 1

Thanks so much, Ruby Red!  Finding this is a miracle!  Thanks for sharing your knowledge, too, Granny Square!