katyallen8090

Granny squares and chatty friends 2019

Mary Jo I liked it.  They sure left you thinking a sequel might be coming. I liked the story line and it moved along.  Some movies that long drag in places.  Dont know if story line meshes with the comic books or not.  The Aquaman character, dress, lines, actor looks and sounds like a WWE wrestler.  Dh will eventually get the dvd. We will want to watch it again.  There is another Avenger movie coming out.  Didnt look good for Ironman. Dumbo and Lion King coming out where they look like real animals.  It would be nice to bring the Lamar Hunt trophy home since the Hunt family owns the Chiefs and with Lamar gone son Clark always awards it to someone else. He would really like someone to hand it to him for a change.  The last and only time they won was so long ago that trophy didnt exist and was back when it was the AFL and NFL.  Hmm maybe thats another reason they temporarily changed the Patriot roller coaster at Worlds of Fun to Patrick.  The Hunt family owns Worlds of Fun and the sign for the ride looks an awful lot like the Patriots logo.  The Chiefs have always had a very large faithful fan base.  You can tell a noticeable difference in crowds and traffic if you are out and about during a game.  I couldnt believe how many people showed up for the Royals parade after winning the World Series and thought more people would show for the Chiefs because they have always been way more popular.

Carole I havent seen many episodes of either Stargate.  I am hoping some time the stations I pick up that run old shows will move them to a time I can catch them.

I read about the Hunt trophy last night and thought it would be funny.  Geeze who would award it to Clark?  Would he give it to himself?  I laughed thinking about that.

Lovin2crochet, the ribs are for Sunday, as KC is known for ribs and such.  The cup is a Kansas City insulated mug.  It is jinormus, more for cold tea or such. :rofl

Up early and got some work done, but no shredding yet.  Need to clean out some more folders first.

Well, off to yell at the TV.

Have a fun day and Britty89, welcome to this fun group.

Good morning, everyone. It's been awhile since I've been around.

I have been busy making hats for the Knots of Love program. My new year's resolution was to make a hat every day, to have 365 to donate.  So far so good.

St. Louis is expecting more snow this weekend.  This past weekend, we had 11 inches of snow. About half of that has melted but now we will get more on top of what's left.

Off to run a couple of errands today.

Mary Jo, I think KC will take it too.  GO CHIEFS !

Count me in Katy! I don't collect squares, just joining in on the fun. Birthday is in September.

It's not very cool here in Texas this morning, but overcast & yukky. Stopped & donated blood this morning on my way to work. Gotta get back on the horse. There may be a government shutdown, but they're still accepting returns & $$$.

Have a great day everyone!

11:45,yay can still say Good Morning

welcome new members

all who asked,we are slowly getting into a new routine,Owlvamp Rene' thanks you for your card and sentiment

before we were disconnected the other day,I mentioned she got together with another rocker friend who lost her husband on the 6th of January

they had some things in common,both husbands had feeding tubes,and they both were married in a mass wedding held by the country radio station for Valentine's day,although Rene' and Jimmy's was the 13th,since the radio station didn't do it on Saturdays,Gina's was in 2001 and R& J's was 2004.

Brenda I had mentioned if our electricity goes out and even fast foods aren't open I will drink cold instant coffee,Bill says whats the difference you let the hot coffee get cold in your cup and still drink it

Edited by pineknott
  • Like 1

hey purl good to see you!@! and oh hi my texas purl so glad you came in and i will put you on our list right now!! hi britty89  glad you stopped in!! please return soon!!

Edited by katyallen8090
  • Like 2

hi to everyone too  good to see you all moving about and getting on with daily things lyn and rene     and so sorry carol you are not feeling well 

christmas carole, i bet the kitties love being out a bit  ours once they got in never ever wanted outside again lol  to t his day maxie is content to  sit in the window to watch his world lol   

im always lost in any sports conversation so i can only say mj, the ribs sound outstanding lol  lol  

Bgs, not a big fan either on the super hero movies  oh i liked superman ones but bat man and spider man and any ones like that i am not particularly interested in lol    i liked star wars and star treks and indiana jones, and Jurassic parks and some other adventure ones, like JuManji  though   in their time lol  

i have watched a few on netflix that were a bit too much and lost interest rather quickly too lol 

sun is trying to come out handy said it snowed briefly early this am but just a dusting     

other than that all i guess im looking at the  second part of this day with little to do lol so i got out my cotton scraps and will do up what i can in wash/dish  cloths for pine ridge maybe  all for now have a grand day!!:manyheart

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LegalWoman17 said:

Good morning, everyone. It's been awhile since I've been around.

I have been busy making hats for the Knots of Love program. My new year's resolution was to make a hat every day, to have 365 to donate.  So far so good.

St. Louis is expecting more snow this weekend.  This past weekend, we had 11 inches of snow. About half of that has melted but now we will get more on top of what's left.

Off to run a couple of errands today.

Mary Jo, I think KC will take it too.  GO CHIEFS !

well hello legal woman7!! nice to hear from you!! i am  pleased as punch to hear of your hats project  i have one too and have on more box to mail off to them for this season!! I am sorry for all that snow lol but it comes around here too with the season!! anyway hope you come in more often so we all can catch up with you!!! 

• Like 1

please every,body  if you will read the first post again and while there check your info if you are on the list ok  i made some changes to that other long text we can no longer access  i found a copy  of the thread   so this is the new updated 2019 thread as completed as i can, thanks  

if you have a fav charity to post let me know as the copy did not have that part on it  thanks all    

Edited by katyallen8090
mspelling
  • Like 1

Mary Jo Clarks comment was he would really like someone to be handing the Lamar Hunt trophy to him this year instead of him handing it to someone else.  Dont know who the someone else would be.  Of course he made it clear he really wants the Lombardy. Shatto milk a local dairy that sells milk locally in glass bottles is releasing Red Velvet milk, and red and gold cheese curd.  They also had a shirt with their cow had sillouette logo on it rocking a Mahomes headband and hair.  They release different flavors for limited times.  Their chocolate is the absolute best espevilly when served in a mug that had been in the freezer.

Katy dh went with me last week to see Mary Poppins when he really wanted to see Aquaman so going to Aquaman this week with him was only fair.  He said he enjoyed Mary Poppins although he had his doubts and I did like Aquaman.  After dh talked me into going to watch Starship Troopers I am careful about me going to see his movie selections.   There was way too much slicing and dicing and heads rolling for way too long in that one.  The story line did not need 30 minutes of that to get their point across.  I just sat and wanted that movie to hurry up and end.   I didnt like Jurassic Parks either.  I went to the movies for one of them with a group and sat with my jacket over my head for parts of it.  I like Star Wars, Star Treks,  and Disneys.

Lyn glad to see you checking in.  

Now I love the Jurassic Park movies, I have them all.  I have all the new Star trek also.  I just picked up the Jack Ryan movies.  You know, Patriot Games and the others by Tom Clancy.  Now as for musicals, I like the one about PT Barnum, I liked frozen and such.  I love musicals.  I like some animated.  If you get a chance watch Planet 51.  I still laugh at that one.

Jumanji, the second one I really enjoyed Jack Black in that movie.

Right now I am reading a Nora Roberts book called "The girl they left behind".  I am in the part where they took a computer nerd and put her with a special ops team.  They are training her and it is hysterical, cause she can not keep her opinions to herself.

Well, Katy, you only have 2 more football games to go thru.  This weekend, then the SuperBowl.  I still follow hockey, but I will keep that to myself.  I like the KC Chiefs, cause their coach use to coach in Philly.  We are all rooting for them.

Speaking of hockey, I am off to watch, as they are playing.

Have a great night. 

• Like 1

Good Morning,

I just got an e-mail from owlvamps daughter.  She said Sandra lost her fur baby and is pretty upset.  She may not be on for a while.

I have been doing the wash this morning.  We are suppose to warm up in the next couple of days, then we will get cool again.

So thought I would pop in and say Hi!

• Like 1

hi all  well i am really sorry to hear about sandra;s loss  our thoughts and healing prayers surround sandra and family  we take solace in the fact he or she is not sick or in pain anymore 

its weird i was going to ask about the dogs just yesterday   

• Like 1

here is a pic of the dish cloth/wash cloths i made in the past couple of days  they measure about 8 by 8 and a half or so each  i have more cotton to make a few more  so will make a few more before sending :eek

so that is my job today i guess  more stormy weather on the way but we are ok for a few days without having to go out in it  might go east and north of us though  we may just get the freezing drizzle and a dusting which is bad enough    but puzzles me the schools closed this am early, like they are expecting a bad storm??:wbrr

its getting rough for a lot of people out there with this shut down  i hope it can and will be solved soon  :shrug

we are attempting to make a vegetable beef stew today! got a good recipe for it, so we will give it a shot 

bout all for now and legalwoman buck up more snow coming for us both darn it   take care all  :flake

000_0561.JPG

• Like 2

Happy Friday!!!!!

It's been a long week and I am looking forward to the weekend to relax a little and recuperate. Hope you all have a great weekend.

• Like 1

Love the dish cloths Katy.

Today was wash day, so that took most of the day.

Off to take care of night time chores.

Have a good night.

• Like 1

Sandra I am so sorry.  :hug

Went to luncheon today at the senior living place we visited just before Christmas.  It was with the marketing director who we met last time, 3 others interested in the place, and the executive officer.  It was a good meeting.  I liked the EO's attitude and heart for his work.  The food was so so.  Its just this place is too far in the wrong direction.  I just dont think I would want to be there should dh go first.  I feel I need to be closer to my niece and sisters.  

Katy saw you got some yucky weather today.  Its due to start here anytime and keep moving Debbies way.  Its supposed to be windy and a dry powdery snow so drifting will be a problem and roads will have a layer of ice under the snow.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, bgs said:

Sandra I am so sorry.  :hug

Went to luncheon today at the senior living place we visited just before Christmas.  It was with the marketing director who we met last time, 3 others interested in the place, and the executive officer.  It was a good meeting.  I liked the EO's attitude and heart for his work.  The food was so so.  Its just this place is too far in the wrong direction.  I just dont think I would want to be there should dh go first.  I feel I need to be closer to my niece and sisters.  

Katy saw you got some yucky weather today.  Its due to start here anytime and keep moving Debbies way.  Its supposed to be windy and a dry powdery snow so drifting will be a problem and roads will have a layer of ice under the snow.  

This tends to be a thread I read more than I post in but your post was one I just had to respond to because what you said is just so important.  If being close to family and seeing them frequently is important it is vital you plan it that way because you clearly realize it is so much easier for your family to make you a regular part of their lives when you are close. 

My Mom finally moved closer to one of her more responsible sons and when she is ready for the next stage it will be some place close to him.  It took me a long time to talk her around to the idea that it was hard for her family always to come to her when she lived so far away from all of us. She and my Dad had retired down south to be near a son that moved almost as soon as they got down there and once my Dad passed it was tough on her.

My in-laws retired to FL and I fully understand why.  It's been a great choice for them.  The challenge has been that they can't understand why we aren't going down there on a regular basis.  DH has combined sick/vacation time and the days the company closes for holidays come out of his vacation time too.  The company closes for every federal holiday so even when you might not take a day off, his company closes and there goes another vacation day.  It's a great job and he loves it so I'm not complaining,, it's just a reality that vacation isn't one of the better benefits.  So depending how the year goes we don't always have significant vacation time to go some place for a week.  The last time we went down there we only managed 4 days and they were rather disappointed but that's all we had. Thankfully, she has a sister in the area and they  spend a ton of time together.  It's important to both of them to have that family support.

That being said for our local family we don't need vacation time to spend time with them.  We are pretty active with those in the local area of all ages because we can see them on the weekends and evenings.  When someone needs something it's easy to get a little flexibility from work when you don't have to be gone several days to help.

Lots of prayers that you and DH find a wonderful place that meets your needs and is close to family.  I also congratulate you on realizing how much this decision does impact the family dynamic.  It really does make a huge difference when you can visit family and not need a vacation plan to achieve it.

• Like 1

Hello all.  Here in St. Louis, we are expecting 2-4" of snow.  The worst, however, will be the high winds and bone-chilling cold temps. BRRRR.  Thank goodness for heat and crocheting.

• Like 1

Good Morning.

Brenda I hope you can find something closer to you family.  Mine is all up North and no way am I moving back, they can move down here.  I know Selfish.

Debbie they seem to keep changing the forecast for you all.  I do hope it is not to bad.  Be sure to keep warm and keep the hook moving.

Quite here.  Hope to work on the hair for the doll I am working on.  I have given up trying to do the face sculpture. 

Keep warm everyone and have a good day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tampa Doll said:

Good Morning.

Brenda I hope you can find something closer to you family.  Mine is all up North and no way am I moving back, they can move down here.  I know Selfish.

Debbie they seem to keep changing the forecast for you all.  I do hope it is not to bad.  Be sure to keep warm and keep the hook moving.

Quite here.  Hope to work on the hair for the doll I am working on.  I have given up trying to do the face sculpture. 

Keep warm everyone and have a good day.

Not at all selfish you love where you live and you have made a life down there for yourself. I don't see anything wrong with retiring where you want as long as you understand the sacrifices involved. It's not a big deal for some to relocate for others it's hard to understand you can't have everything.

I honestly believe Florida has been the right choice for my in-laws. My MIL had cold related health issues when she was up here and they are both more socially active since moving down there. It's gotten my FIL off the couch. All great things.

My MIL was used to having family dinners at least twice a month. We'd have holidays and family outings. We spent a good deal of time together which is not hard to do when the kids live less than an hour away some as close as 15 minutes. That all changed when they moved to Florida. It was a sacrifice and for them I believe it was the right one. However, those of us who stayed here don't have the ability to fill the family gap she's missing and sometimes the guilt trips get old. Something will change if you move away. 

The move isn't selfish it's the expectations people have afterwards that can become selfish. I've never seen that from you. That was my original point. If frequent contact with family is a high priority than being close is the best way to facilitate that.

• Like 1

Wanted to show off my pretty towels and birthday cake that Brenda sent me.  I had a good chuckle with the card.

The reason for not going back North is the weather.  The cold kills my knees and hands.

Mary Jo BD (2).JPG

• Like 2

Good Morning Everyone.

I've been up for a while started the laundry. A friend stopped by with her 2 girls so I could help measure them for flower girl dresses she needs to order. Now I think I'm going to do some sewing/mending and continue the laundry. Hope you all have a great day.

• Like 1