katyallen8090

Granny squares and chatty friends 2019

the thread will live on!!

a list below of our  current long standing members i have sent emails with new link to some of those i can remember,  those that may  have not found us  yet  people below have found us  or have  been emailed   and bdays as i  can recall  let me know if i have it wrong thanks 

so welcome we have opened  a new thread  so please join us and welcome to you all  .

this list is getting shorter and i hope we get more members to join in our cal!! Come  make some friends and squares and  have some fun!! 

welcome to our members and any new members or want to be members you have come to the right place.

It is pretty simple really, we like to make granny squares. We found the best way to do it was to open up a thread on whom might want or need granny squares to maybe help complete an afghan for themselves or charity or anyone they chose. Every one could use some help as sometimes collecting enough squares seems  a daunting for any one single person.

If you would like to join us and make or receive some please post your prefs in the thread or pm me and i will post for you  then as we make some for you we will pm you for your address 

its just that easy   

do not   post your personal info on  the thread, such as addy or phone numbers  that is just asking for spam.

.if you were on the list  but are no longer please just let me know and send me your info and ill get you back on ok 

Email address and

Birthday month is  optional but strongly suggested 

we will   email or message  you to ask for your addy if we have some squares to send to you  

its as easy as that

Most of us use RHSS or a comparable 4 ply acrylic yarn. So if you would prefer 6 inch ( or 8 or 12" squares 

In shades of greens for instance it could read as such. .Example as follows"

"I am looking for 8 inch squares in shades of greens or blues. variegated yarn is ok if in those shades,and solids or mixed of those colors is fine   thank you

please pm me or email for my current address  and thank you   .

Please check this post regularly for updates and changes.

until i can get  info on an update i would advise that you contact the party for  current addy,wants and or needs thank you !!

. You do not have to send in order to receive it is up to you if you would like to send out some as well to our members

We have lots of talented and generous people on this thread and we like to chat so if you are looking for some squares or some new friends or some place to make or send grannys to or even New Square Friends then please join us. You might end up with a truly one of a kind Ghan that soon becomes one of your favorites not to mention some  new friends you might make !!

Members by birthday month    

Avon            September

bgs                       June

Britty89            pending info 

#1Crochetfan     April

cshort                October

funnymom8     February 

imafreak            March

katyallen8090    March

Katiebug            December

lovin2crochet    December

miniwifeof4boys     May

owlvamp                  May

Pisces crochter      March

pineknot                May

snowbear              February

tampadoll            January 

Tribble                 January

Texas purl            September  

USpolishgirl       June  

Just a few of our chosen charities   

Pine Ridge res. needs 6 and 8 inch acrylic only yarn squares, for making blankets for the people there  they have several other outlets that accept lots of things like hats scarves, completed ghans and house hold goods,  clothing, slippers, socks soap and toiletries to mention a few please contact katyallen8090 for more info 

Warmth for Warriors   also accepts donations like lap ghans, hats, mini xmas stockings,  please contact Bgs for more info

Va Beach Wildlife and rescue needs small nests for rescued and abandoned wildlife  please contact Pineknot for that info 

Owlvamp collects hats scarves and warm winter wear for kids that dont have those things i in her own town please contact her for info  

Bailey4 collects doll clothes,and blankets for dolls for kids for  her ongoing yearly project  please contact Bailey4 for that info  

Badrhinogillet will accept baby ghans as well  for her ongoing charity drive 

Edited by katyallen8090
  • Like 1

good to know,I replied twice to that thread around 2 pm,when I couldn't find it I thought maybe I said something wrong and they pulled the whole thread

I'll catch y'all up tomorrow

The old thread was no where to be found under cals so I tried to link back from my history psge and it said it didnt exist.

Mary Jo I did not get to watch the game.  Still no power.  Dug out a radio (which thankfully I hadnt sent to the thrift store) and some batteries so I listened to it.  

We got the drive shoveled.  Its gravel and probably about half a city block long.  Grader went up road and mail was delivered.  Dh ran into town to check out the roads and got us Mcd for supper.  If power doesnt come on by morning am going to have to pull things from the refrigerator.  At least we have a wood stove so we are warm.  Will need to charge phone in car tomorrow.

Edited by bgs

Whew! I'm glad I'm not losing my mind. I posted in the old thread yesterday morning but couldn't find it last night.

Brenda, I hope your power is back on.

My mouth is feeling better after Friday's dental work but I'm sticking to soft foods for another day just to play it safe. And I've

caught my granddaughter's cold so I am spending today on the sofa resting, crocheting and taking cold medicine. 

Hope you all have a good day. 

Ok I do not feel so stupid now about the old thread.

What a game to lose your power.  They were amazing.  The QB and Hill and several others were playing the best game I saw.  All my teams won yesterday KC  & the Rams.  Let's see what happens today.

How are you doing?  Are you keeping warm?  I hope you get your electricity.

Not much going on today.

Take care and keep warm.

oh thank goodness most of you found us here  i never found it looked in the archive too not there and i dont know what happened at all  thought maybe i was the one that got pulled but knew i didn't do anything wrong  well we are up and running now in a 2019 thread and i have this one book marked but not  sure I can find the list on the old one again to copy over so i guess we will start from the bottom again and ill remember those i can and their birth months anyway  ill redo the first thread when i can this afternoon  hi holly good to see you back  we are still not on the list for cals either maybe it is pending approval or something i have no idea what is going on ok  im in the dark too!! but not as bad as you bgs, no pun intended, we have electricity    did anyone else lose their emails and i noticed too my info is wrong has me joining in 2010 last posted in sept 2018 

now i know that is wrong its as if the whole thread has dropped off the ville forever  scary well carol sorry about your cold, and bgs about your power i guess we all were taken for a trip on this huh  i notice too, forum looks a bit different, cant put my finger on it yet but i suspect an update was had yesterday i tried all day, both computers, and finally last night about 930 i just posted a new topic when it let me that is lol  had to do a password change too  each time i tried to get to the thread a message came up that page could not be found  it was not where i left it?? what?? lol  why?

who moved it? Where to? and when? lol  If i had zoloft i would have been reaching for it to avoid an all out anxiety attack!!

well it finally let me post a new (our old) topic and i quickly committed that to my bookmarks and added it to the tool bar before it was gone lol the other thread is totally gone from what i can tell  so ill redo the members today sometime for sure  oh well huh least we found our thread, and are up and running although i am in survival  mode right now lol   so glad i caught it as soon as i did huh  as i worried about all of you not finding the thread at all    

Edited by katyallen8090

Power back 925 am this morning.  I had just put plastic containers stuffed with snow in the fridge trying to stall carrying food to the car as its not going to get above 32° for a few days.  With a fire in the woodstove it was a little too toasty for me.  By the time the power came back the temp had just dropped enough to kick the heatpump on.  I had pans of water on the woodstove so I had warm water to wash myself.  I told dh to fill his thermos last night at Mcds otherwise it would have been a very ugly morning.  

Katy I searched for the old thread too and went into the history on my phone to  go directly to it.  Got an error page saying it did not exist.  The last visited dates have not worked since the Sept upgrade.

• Like 1

oh really bgs i never noticed it had me at sept something 2018 for last post  i suspect another un- announced, unexpected upgrade occurred yesterday    Boy sounds like you did all the right things bgs good job on making the inconvenience less impacting you know Glad your food didn't spoil too!  i remember years ago a power outage that lasted 5 days and i was toting freezer contents to my moms house and freezer 2 days into it   e dont have those too often here as our lines are underground but when we lived out in the county we  lost it a couple of times and it was so very dark we could not see our hands in front of us nor the deck  just so very dark out there It was eerie.. like a bad monster movie lol        

Edited by katyallen8090

oh my  i was telling handy about all this and that our thread was missing or broken.  and he said to me are ya ready,   when you make a new one one use rope this time   instead of thread lol  its stronger lol  funny man huh  

• Haha 3

I have added to first thread from memory mostly. of some members and bdays but please check as i even cant trust my memory much lol  if you are not on that list and want to be, please let me know ok  our numbers need boosting!! i have emailed those that i can recall,  sending a new link  too  so if you get an email and you are already here, well that is my oversite lol panic has given way to  determined survival now  lol      

• Like 1

ok i have been through panic, and survival mode now i am entering paranoia lol   wonder since we are the only ones that got blown away if someone thought and reported my procrastination on making a new thread or something in Jan, and this is my fault,   now im beginning paranoia lol  there is no reason for it being just us though that i can think of  the donation thread is still there  oh well never mind, we survived it anyway, and it only took a few new passwords and i was planning on doing a new thread anyway just wish i could have had the opportunity to copy first post anyway  .  but we are here  right!! that is really all i care about  

list as follows are those i still need things on for first post

avon birth month and addy if you like 

Tribble79 need addy and birth month 

lovin2crochet need addy 

mini wife of 4 boys addy and birth month

i no longer have howieanns info so holly??

anyone that hasn't given an email addy to sandra or updated  it, please contact owlvamp 

thanks  addresses will not be on first post of course just the birth months no further info will be made public    

sandra will need an update on emails as some are not on her list    

Edited by katyallen8090

If I remember, Howieann is in January.

Thanks for reminding me.  I have to contact owlvamp.

Thought I would drop in and see what is going on.

Back to watch the games and do some crocheting.

Katy the ice storm we had in 2002 we were without power for a week.  It was out even longer at dads house.  He was in FL so sis was having to deal with it.  It was also out at sis's for over a week.  I always knew I liked electricity but after that I knew just how much.  

Since the snow pics are now gone with the thread I will repost them here for MJ and Lyn.  We drove into KC today and all the yrees look like these.20190112_095029.thumb.jpg.2808b21a7d023cf4acbd7257d094370e.jpg20190112_094931.thumb.jpg.fbe2a3e84304b1ccc67715bf4d5edcf7.jpg20190112_094913.thumb.jpg.09cdf8a2264875d224d69012d5016345.jpg20190112_094848.thumb.jpg.dc09edd58377ce9a142b6e2a54242691.jpg

• Like 3

I tried reading the group and got a message saying I didn't have permission to see it!  Is something wrong??

well I didn't get here earlier as I thought I would ,so just a fly by thinking of all of you

Hey! all ~ :)  What a mess this group dropping is causing, heh?  I'm so glad to hear from Katy and get a new link to here!  Thanks so much.  (I just wonder who is initiating all the "updates" for CrochetVille, and if they really are needed?? 😕 )

Brenda ~ My goodness, girl, you have really gotten the snow!!! 😮  We've only gotten a couple of dustings, but no accumulation . . . so far.  It snowed for about an hour yesterday morning, after having rained all day the day before and thru the night.  But the temps are starting to drop from the 50-60*s that we've been having.  Warmer weather put me into the Spring cleaning mode a little early, tho ~ LoL ~ so I got a lot done! :D

I've also been getting in some baking time, too . . . lots of goodies around the place now! LoL :D  It's been nice taking over my kitchen again from Chef Morton ~ LoL

Banana Bread - Jan2019.JPG

Biscuit sweetrolls - Jan2019.JPG

Chocolate cream pie ~ Jan2019.JPG

Cinnamon rolls and hotrolls for Thanksgiving - Nov2018.JPG

Coconut cream mini-pies - Jan2019.JPG

Coconut macaroons - Jan2019.JPG

Scotchas (Ital pizza pockets) - Jan2019.JPG

• Like 2

9 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

ok i have been through panic, and survival mode now i am entering paranoia lol   wonder since we are the only ones that got blown away if someone thought and reported my procrastination on making a new thread or something in Jan, and this is my fault,   now im beginning paranoia lol  there is no reason for it being just us though that i can think of  the donation thread is still there  oh well never mind, we survived it anyway, and it only took a few new passwords and i was planning on doing a new thread anyway just wish i could have had the opportunity to copy first post anyway  .  but we are here  right!! that is really all i care about  

I really don't think it's anything you did, Katy, to get the group dropped suddenly, really.  I'd hate to think that "the Girls" who head this site would have done anything, because of the frustrations we've all made mention of??  But who knows . . . could have been just one of those flukey things within the computer world ~ ;)   So put your paranoia back into its hidey-hole, okay? :D   You're doing a good job trying to keep everything straight here.

Maybe it is me, but Lovin2crochet, I can not see your pictures.  They just come up with an x.  I can click on them and see them.  Now I am hungry and I just finished breakfast.

Yesterday was not a good day in sports for me.  My Eagles lost and then the Lightning (Hockey) lost last night.  Brenda hope KC an Andy are ready for the Patriots.  I will have my cup out again.

Cloudy today and waiting for Maybe some rain, who knows.

Well I am off to see what is what.  Have a great day.

• Confused 1

Mary Jo Caroles pictures are coming  up right in her post for me but I am on my phone.  Sorry about your Eagles.  Dh kept checking their score and wondering about your ref doll. I got to see highlights on Chiefs Rewind.  Wow they dug their heels in and showed some some grit.  Loved them pushing their guy over the Colts into the end zone.   Big Red came into the locker room with a ho ho ho and holding up two fingers.  This reminds me that I did comment to our pastor after the loss to the Pats earlier in the season that it was ok,  better to lose this one and beat them next time in a few months.  Yep Chiefs Kingdom is hoping Big Red has them ready to roll.  Its going to be a cold one.

Carole it all looks so good.  Looks like pumpkin or banana bread, rolls, cinnamon rolls, chocolate meringue pie.  Are those macaroons and whats the last one--looks like a stuffed bread of some sort.