A group to encourage each other to make gifts in 2019

judianne

Thanks ladies!

I just gave the baby granny to the neighbor who requested it - she and her family love it and she can't wait to gift it.  

But, the most important thing she said: You are a real artist!!!

Now, THAT was the best thing I could have heard - and she hasn't really seen some of my more involved pieces...

Happy hooking, ladies!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Here is my new project that I finished.  Christmas Gnomes Yep that is right.

So totally adorable!!!!!!!!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

TampaDoll, I love those gnomes!  They are adorable!

Bailey4, your little piggies are so cute.  Well done!

Judianne, those blankets are so pretty.  An artist, indeed!

I have just now begun to take mental stock of time left before Christmas, people to buy for, gifts to be made vs. purchased.  This is so late for me; I'm usually on it a couple of days after Christmas for the next year.  I need to keep realistic goals at the forefront of my thinking - not my strongest suit.  Yikes.  We had a traumatic last year and a half and I'm just now beginning to breathe a little easier, hence the lateness in my planning.  To that end, I've decided to stick to small, doable gifts this year.  I've begun with crocheted bookmarks.  I'd like to make many, many more as they're such a lovely thing to pop into a letter before dropping it in the post, but here are my efforts thus far.  I intend for these to be stocking stuffers for some, a bookmark in a gift of a book for others.  I've already mailed the blue one to my great-aunt who just turned 90.  As you can see, some have been pressed/blocked already and some haven't.

BlueBookmark.jpg

MultiCrochetBookmarks.JPG

• Like 2

Love the little piggies Bailey 4.  

I love the crocheted book marks.  I have several and use them all the time.  It makes it more special to read a book, instead of the kindle or iPad.

Having a nice glass of wine, while I wait for the ribs to cook.

On 9/18/2019 at 9:41 AM, smskutt said:

I've begun with crocheted bookmarks.  I'd like to make many, many more as they're such a lovely thing to pop into a letter before dropping it in the post, but here are my efforts thus far.  I intend for these to be stocking stuffers for some, a bookmark in a gift of a book for others.  I've already mailed the blue one to my great-aunt who just turned 90.  As you can see, some have been pressed/blocked already and some haven't.

BlueBookmark.jpg

MultiCrochetBookmarks.JPG

Do you starch your bookmarks, or just dampen them and iron them?  I make them for our craft shows, and have been starching them and pinning them to dry, but it takes FOREVER!!!  

18 hours ago, Avon Lady said:

Do you starch your bookmarks, or just dampen them and iron them?  I make them for our craft shows, and have been starching them and pinning them to dry, but it takes FOREVER!!!  

Hi Collette!  I place the bookmark on a towel, fold the towel over it, and then steam it good.  I flip the bookmark over and do it again.  Then I remove it and lay it flat on a table or countertop and let it fully dry.  It stays flat, which is all I'm aiming for.  Of course, this is my whole one weeks' experience talking, lol.  

Beautiful work, ladies!!!!!

Here's the back of what I've been working on. Only took a week. Reveal picture to come once the ends are woven in. 

IMG_20190921_152551719.jpg

Pretty bookmarks!

I love the three little pigs set and the dog, too. My eyes cross just thinking about doing such little things.

The butterfly is really pretty. I know she'll love it. My 6 year old GD asked for a butterfly blanket last week, but her mother and I decided she and her sister have plenty of blankets for now.

• Like 1

We have family expecting a second child this fall.  I've been working on two separate projects.  One the typical baby project the second is a big sister project of baby doll items to help the older sister adjust to not being the only little one in the family any longer.

Today we start with the baby blanket.

Down on the Farm

I'm getting closer to having to get this big sister baby doll project out the door.  I keep finding other items I want to add, but realize they could easily be Christmas or bday presents or I could put them in the doll donation.  Sometimes I just have to focus, finish, and move on without getting caught in the but what about....

Baby Doll Diapers

• Like 1

I found a quilted bag at AC Moore today to use as the baby doll diaper bag for the big sister project.  It's coming along.  This weekend is the local library book sale that DH and I are responsible for the Children's and YA sections.  We set up last night and did a few adjustments this afternoon.  We'll be ready for the sale tomorrow.  I'm still working on doll dresses until I have to get this package out.  Anything not finished will go to the doll donation.

Baby doll blanket and carrier

• Like 1