A group to encourage each other to make gifts in 2019

judianne

On 2/12/2019 at 12:55 PM, Tampa Doll said:

Thanks for the link Judy.  That is really cute.

Bailey4 I love the farm thing.  They are going to have a ball.

Here is the doll I have been working on.  I was unable to do 2 things like the pattern.  One is the hair.  It was just to confusing.  2 was the sculptured face.  I envy anyone who can.  Of course I made the doll in thread instead of ww.  I was sooooooooooooooooo big in ww yarn.  Well, here is my doll and here is the original.

dolly (5).JPG

dolly (3).JPG

Mary Jo, I'm amazed that you were even able to make the arms sculpted like the original....that's really a wonderful job! I think whoever gets her will love her to pieces!

Judy, I didn't like how the stripes/colors looked on Attic24's site, but when you see the whole blanket they look great! I'm very tempted to buy the yarn pack now.

I've finished a couple of things on my list. A baby blanket for DH's niece who had a little boy in January and a lap throw for the nursing home.

baby delight blanket.jpg

cosy stripe blanket.jpg

• Like 2

Love the afghans and lap throw.  They are so pretty.

Here is my pig.  He is suppose to be kneeling, and he is to have wings, but I decided to leave them off.  Right now he is in Ami Ville, but he should be going to AZ.

Pink Piggy (2).JPG

• Like 1

Great work, everyone!!!

And thanks for the compliments...there are many versions of Lucy's Sweet Pea afghan on her blog as well as FB pages...many of us weren't sure, esp as the greens took over on  the colorwash version in the beginning, but there are so many ways to use the colors, it will never be boring!

Hello fellow crocheters! I am crocheting a rug for my daughter. Originally the pattern was for a blanket and suggested dk yarn. I made it with diva live makrome. It is rather tiring because I changed the yarn. The pattern looks nice though. So the weight might be right, the look might be similar but the feel is definitely different. I will try to post pics asap. 

welcome, nan!

That sounds like a true labor of love....sometimes projects are more labor-intensive than we thought, but the outcome is always worth it! Looking forward to seeing the finished product💞

Okay, caught up with this  thread... looks like everyone is moving along...so far this year I did a bear pillow for my grandson carter who turned 1  two weeks ago....right now on the hook is an afghan with tractors for my grandson ethan's 3 birthday....

I also did a small throw pillow for the sofa with some yarn I picked up in Scotland in Sept..turned out..meh..okay, I loved the yarn...but..hmm. the pillow is just okay...

Big Hugs everyone!!!

16 hours ago, minwifeof4boys said:

Okay, caught up with this  thread... looks like everyone is moving along...so far this year I did a bear pillow for my grandson carter who turned 1  two weeks ago....right now on the hook is an afghan with tractors for my grandson ethan's 3 birthday....

I also did a small throw pillow for the sofa with some yarn I picked up in Scotland in Sept..turned out..meh..okay, I loved the yarn...but..hmm. the pillow is just okay...

Big Hugs everyone!!!

Welcome back, Lea! It sounds like you've gotten off to a fast start!

4 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

I made four scarves for the GDs this week. Mixed and matched two patterns and two yarns so they're all different.

Different is good....no arguments over whose is whose..  smart Gram!! 

I love what everyone has done and is doing.  Love the frog judianne.

Well, the Bull Dogs are done.  There are crochet patterns.  The larger one is a great pattern, especially for someone who has not made this type before.  She has step by step pictures.  They are both made with size 10 thread.

English Bulldog (1).JPG

English Bulldog (10).JPG

On 3/14/2019 at 5:23 PM, Tampa Doll said:

Love the turtle Judianne. 

Here is the cow I made for the box to AZ.  Lazy Cow

Thanks!!!!

And I ADORE the cow!!! You are so good at these things. I don't know how your hands hold up. I know mine were aching during and after turtle!