A group to encourage each other to make gifts in 2019

judianne

I love the blanket and I am sure your grandson is going to love it.

Bailey4 I could not get into the article.  I gather the kids were happy to see you walk in.

Getting ready to shut down for the night.

Good night everyone and we will see you in the AM.

I just finished a very large Pooh Bear.  I think after I get pictures I will take a couple of days off to relax the wrist and hands.  It is 18 inches tall and it is made with WW yarn.  I had to order more stuffing, as this took the last of what I had.

hi peeps!

On 12/20/2019 at 6:36 AM, Bailey4 said:

Christmas Baby Bib

I made one of these a couple of years back but in my hurry to get the package out never got a picture.  I can't believe I am working on stuff for next year already.

So sweet!!!

I recently spoke with another crocheter with a large family and friends list: she crocheted 19 afghans over 2019 and had everyone put their names in a hat and as each name was drawn they got to pick which one they wanted - I thought that was such a great idea!

21 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

I just finished a very large Pooh Bear.  I think after I get pictures I will take a couple of days off to relax the wrist and hands.  It is 18 inches tall and it is made with WW yarn.  I had to order more stuffing, as this took the last of what I had.

Oh, that has to be adorable! Can't wait to see it! And yes - depending on what I've been working on I have to rest my hands too at times. Good thing I also love to read or I'd be going crazy with the inactivity!

Edited by judianne

Here's Pooh

I finished Pooh and got pictures in the same day.  

I like the idea of the names in a hat and let them pick what they liked.  God Bless her 19 afghans.

In a couple of days, I am going to start doing things for next year.

We are waiting for the last of our packages to be delivered to us today.  It is things for us.

Well, I am off to watch my Football.

Have a fun day everyone.

• Like 1

My coworkers are doing Christmas at the preschool after break. It snuck up on all of us. I took advantage of sales at joann today and bought yarn and buttons to make snow globe ornaments. I will probably bake bread for the breakroom as well.

• Like 1

Sounds like fun ratdog and it will be less stressful. 

Got my hooks today.  I need more hooks like I need yarn.  Well, I can always use yarn.

Here they are:   https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G11B3F9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My SIL & BIL gave me a gift card to Amazon, so I can get what I want.  This was the first thing I bought. 

Mary Jo, very interesting hook set. I got an interchangeable set from Walmart some years ago, but one of the ends wouldn't work--a little defect in manufacturing. I have one lighted hook that I tend to forget to use. Love that the set is rechargeable. Please give us a review when you've had a chance to try them out.

I can't wait to use them.  I must find something that used sport or ww yarn.  I will let you know.

I am a gadget person.  I had the other lite hooks, but ended up giving the set to my GD.  I had these on my wish list, and when I got the Gift Card, I went right to them.

I will let you know how they are.

Have a fun day.

On 12/21/2019 at 2:46 PM, Tampa Doll said:

Sounds like fun ratdog and it will be less stressful. 

Got my hooks today.  I need more hooks like I need yarn.  Well, I can always use yarn.

Here they are:   https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G11B3F9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My SIL & BIL gave me a gift card to Amazon, so I can get what I want.  This was the first thing I bought. 

WOW! They look amazing...and a great improvement over the first lit ones. Have fun playing with them!