A group to encourage each other to make gifts in 2019

judianne

Bailey, you're so talented!!  I love all the little projects you've been able to complete. I can only do one "fiddly" project every so often....

Mary Jo - I'll be waiting for pictures!

On 1/20/2019 at 8:07 AM, richsgirl said:

I finished it. It is not good, but I feel a big sense of accomplishment and my dd is eagerly awaiting it and says she doesn't care what it looks like she will love it no matter what.

I named it ragamuffin. I put some weighted beads in it along with fiberfill.

Resized_20190117_180406_6681.jpeg

Resized_20190117_180346_7878 (1).jpeg

Oh my gosh!! So cute!! 

1 hour ago, ratdog said:

I finished buzzsaw louie (from Veggietales The Toy That Saved Christmas)

He is holding gift cards in the bib of his overalls.

1575668137353-1252063751.jpg

What a cutie.  I love the idea of using him to hold the gift card.

Beautiful work, ladies!!!! 

On 12/6/2019 at 10:57 AM, Tampa Doll said:

Love the ornaments Bailey4.

Here is the new Table and Tree for December.

I am now going to relax in my corner and work on my calendar.

Have a fun day.

Love your beautiful decorations....the attention to detail is amazing - and you obviously don't have  cat or dog to swipe at the beauty...lol! Really amazing....

Everyone in this little group is so very talented!

Good Morning everyone and can you believe it is almost the middle of December?

I am starting on some things for next year and I can do it at a relaxed speed.  Most of my stuff is delivered, so I may just bake some cookies today.  I have cookies from David's cookies on QVC.  We have bought them before.  They are delicious and I can take out as many or as few as I want.

Well, Hope all are being able to relax and enjoy Family and the holiday.

Well done Mary Jo!!!

I finished one box of stuff last night just waiting on a delayed book that made it all the way from Barnes & Noble in TN to MA on Sunday and has since been touring Western MA.  It arrived back in town this morning so I'm hopeful it arrives today so I can get this box mailed.

I'm working on dinos for a second box to go out but I don't need as much stuff for that and Amazon lost a book for that shipment.  This is on me.  I normally have this stuff ordered and in house by Oct but I got behind.  Gives me an excuse to keep on working on the stuff.

I was hoping to sneak a couple of gift card holders in but my hands are starting to weaken.  They were stiff after making the ami's last night and I don't think the dino's will be helping.  I keep telling myself the gift card holders are flat and don't require small hooks, but we will see what I can get finished.

I am sorry. I had to laugh:rofl at the book traveling around MA.  I sent something to AZ that was suppose to be delivered Friday.  It ended up traveling around AZ within 3 towns of it's destination.  It was finally delivered yesterday. Go figure :shrug

Off to my corner.

Hi, peeps!

3 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Good Morning everyone and can you believe it is almost the middle of December?

Once Thanksgiving passes, the rest of the days fly by - esp this year because turkey day was so late in the month, 

I am starting on some things for next year and I can do it at a relaxed speed. I enjoyed making a ton of baby hats for the NICU - big pile of christmas and non christmas colors went to my neighbor. Told her I wouldn't be giving her any more till after the new year. Right now I'm making a pet mat for our grand kitty - tweaked the pattern.  Most of my stuff is delivered, so I may just bake some cookies today.  I have cookies from David's cookies on QVC.  We have bought them before.  They are delicious and I can take out as many or as few as I want. We always have a problem when we want dessert in the house. We used to always have too much on hand but I'm learning to use my freezer more. I have kruschiki to make soon. Probably next week. Also have our book club party on the 19th and I promised to bring my three chocolate fudge.😍

Well, Hope all are being able to relax and enjoy Family and the holiday. Thanks, so much MJ!

1 hour ago, Bailey4 said:

Well done Mary Jo!!!

I finished one box of stuff last night just waiting on a delayed book that made it all the way from Barnes & Noble in TN to MA on Sunday and has since been touring Western MA.  It arrived back in town this morning so I'm hopeful it arrives today so I can get this box mailed.I hate when that happens.....

I'm working on dinos for a second box to go out but I don't need as much stuff for that and Amazon lost a book for that shipment.  This is on me.  I normally have this stuff ordered and in house by Oct but I got behind.  Gives me an excuse to keep on working on the stuff.

I was hoping to sneak a couple of gift card holders in but my hands are starting to weaken.  They were stiff after making the ami's last night and I don't think the dino's will be helping.  I keep telling myself the gift card holders are flat and don't require small hooks, but we will see what I can get finished. I know what you mean - I always love making little things but after may hands remind me how hard it is on them I start working on bigger things exclusively.

The Traveling book did finally arrive yesterday which means I can package up the first box to go out tomorrow.  The other book I need for package 2 is still traveling.  It's first attempt to reach me got lost so I'm waiting on a replacement.

Today we have the Snow Family.  I love having child friendly decorations that they can touch or play with and you don't have to be concerned that the items will be destroyed.

Snow Family

• Like 2

I love the snow family.  They are really cute. I finally took my pictures and just waiting to get them on the computer.

It is fun to have stuff kids can play with, makes things much easier when they come to visit.  It is also fun to send them to the little darlings, then they have something to put up that is theirs.

2 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

I love the snow family.  They are really cute. I finally took my pictures and just waiting to get them on the computer.

It is fun to have stuff kids can play with, makes things much easier when they come to visit.  It is also fun to send them to the little darlings, then they have something to put up that is theirs.

That's my thought.  There are so many breakable things at Christmas I like having stuff around that the kids can touch.  I just squeezed this family into a sheet bag this morning to make the box pack tighter.  I've got it packed but I"m going to need DH's help getting it to seal as it is packed to the limit.  That's the reason I try to include the ornaments too.  I figure it's a good idea for them to have ones they can put on the tree and not have to worry about dropping them.

Got a question.  I have a request for a Winnie the Pooh.

I got lucky and I have the gold.  I happen to have a Caron one Pounder and I need 10 ozs.  My question is what color is the shirt.  It looks mauve, but it could be red.  The pattern does not tell you what color the shirt is.  Any help??????

Have fun today.

Red shirt Pooh

The first time Pooh and his friends appeared in colour was 1932, when he was drawn by Slesinger in his now-familiar red shirt and featured on an RCA Victor picture record. Parker Brothers introduced A. A. Milne's Winnie-the-Pooh Game in 1933, again with Pooh in his red shirt.

I hate when they don't give you a color.  I'm for red as well.

Managed to get more of my baby dolls on sale today!!!

My niece is going to give me one of her Our Generation dolls to use as a model now that she is in college.  That gives me the chance to go with the My Life or Our Generation depending on what the sales are as I will have one of each.  As I remember it from making clothes for it when she was younger the Our Generation was slightly larger than the Springfield so having one will help me fit the clothes without having to buy one.

Let's start the day with a smile and a Birthday wish to Judianne

May your day be filled with lots of Sunshine  

May your have a day filled with lots of Love   and  Laughter

May you have the best day ever, and

May it continue thorough out the year

Sorry I was not on yesterday to wish you a Happy Birthday.  I do hope you had a great day.