A group to encourage each other to make gifts in 2019

judianne

4 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

I miss hearing from Darski too.  I recently went back and started to make sure I have copies of all her patterns as I'd missed quite a few over the years.  This is another one of hers I'd made for the Big Sister project.

Sweet Baby Mine Dress Set

Because of changes at yahoo Darski has moved to groups.io. You have to sign up, but her patterns are there if there's something you can't find here.

https://groups.io/g/DoraDudz/topics

Little Angel Baby Doll Layette

Another additional to the doll project.

At the moment I find myself splitting between projects as the Christmas mailing/dropoff deadlines approach.  I do 10 rows on one project switch out to another project and so forth.  It seems to be working and I've finally finished the main items I neglected to finish for the doll diaper bags for the donation.  I'm not sure how it got to be this late though.  I thought I had been doing so well.

It's been a bit crazy and for the first time in a while my hands are starting to feel it a little.  I don't generally have this problem with the doll clothes but the ami's with their tighter stitches and placement and the sewing on of the pieces tends to cause a little more stress.  Papa snowman just needs his vest and and scarf and he'll be done so progress is being made.  I need to continue on with Humpty and begin on the Red Riding Hood stuff.  I'm hoping that without helping out with homeschooling I can get more stuff done starting in Jan and working through the year.

This is the last of the big sister items.

Button me Up Baby Doll Romper

Puppy Lovey

This went out with the Farm afghan for the baby

Things are coming along!!!  I finished the snow family yesterday.  (There is a dog but I think I may send an update to the baby next year along with the dog to keep the family going.  I just don't think I can finish him this year.)  I got one arm done and sewn on Humpty.  I also started another baby doll outfit.  Those are slightly easier on my hands as the crocheting isn't as tight and the hooks larger and the crocheting a bit looser.  I'm trying to balance the Christmas gifts with finishing up the donation outfits.

That pattern is adorable.  They are going to love your gifts.

I am asking here, as everytime I go to seeking patterns, It ask me for a question?

I am looking for a Christmas Towel Topper free pattern if I can.  I have 2 towels.  One has snowman on it the other is just a light blue.  Can anyone help

Mary Joe, sorry, but I never make those. Have you tried winging it?

And Bailey, I now about tight stitches and sore hands...I just finished these potholders this morning 

20191122_122110.jpg

3 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

How appropriate for our snowy conditions today.  This was the beginning of a snow family I made for family.  It took me a while to get caught up with pictures and posting this year.

Snow Girl

Thats so sweet!!

Still scrambling to finish gifts.  I finished a Christmas baby bib and a Little Red RIding Hood Ami yesterday.  I started Grandma watching TV last night.  I'm still working on the Old Woman Who Lived in the Shoe.  The Shoe is finally finished as of yesterday.  I have to make the characters to live in it.

However today we have the baby doll's Christmas outfit.

Santa Baby