A group to encourage each other to make gifts in 2019

judianne

Bailey that dress is adorable.

Brenda it was a great weekend for football.  Eagles, Bucs, Chiefs and Saints won. :clap  Yeah the Chief's game was a real nail biter.

Well, another week of treatments. 

I just got an e-mail from my SIL.  She won the girl's baby basket I made.  It was a topsy turvy doll with a Princess blanket to go with it.  Turns out, they broke up the blanket to make another basket.  Sorry but this pisses me off. I made the doll and blanket to go together.  I just told DH that is it.  I am not going to make anymore.  Why bother, if they are just going to break them up.  Ok, got that out, I am still not happy, but there is nothing I can do about it.

Have to get ready to go.

Have fun today.

On 9/25/2019 at 11:33 AM, Bailey4 said:

We have family expecting a second child this fall.  I've been working on two separate projects.  One the typical baby project the second is a big sister project of baby doll items to help the older sister adjust to not being the only little one in the family any longer.

Today we start with the baby blanket.

Down on the Farm

Wow...so gorgeous a project😍 I love graph blankets.

On 9/30/2019 at 8:00 AM, Tampa Doll said:

Bailey that dress is adorable.

Brenda it was a great weekend for football.  Eagles, Bucs, Chiefs and Saints won. :clap  Yeah the Chief's game was a real nail biter.

Well, another week of treatments. 

I just got an e-mail from my SIL.  She won the girl's baby basket I made.  It was a topsy turvy doll with a Princess blanket to go with it.  Turns out, they broke up the blanket to make another basket.  Sorry but this pisses me off. I made the doll and blanket to go together.  I just told DH that is it.  I am not going to make anymore.  Why bother, if they are just going to break them up.  Ok, got that out, I am still not happy, but there is nothing I can do about it.

Have to get ready to go.

Have fun today.

Mary Jo - That wasn't right! Obviously it was someone who didn't care about the beautiful work you sent them....

On 9/21/2019 at 4:36 PM, judianne said:

Voila! Lapghan size or so... little girl is almost 6

IMG_20190921_171358128_HDR.jpg

I love that butterfly it is beautiful! :)

BUT, the other picture with all those yarn tail to be woven........?? :bang. I could not do that.

On 10/2/2019 at 7:08 PM, USpolishgirl said:

I love that butterfly it is beautiful! :)

BUT, the other picture with all those yarn tail to be woven........?? :bang. I could not do that.

I laughed out loud at what you said here...too funny! Some people - though admittedly, not many - find weaving in ends to be very meditative. 😉

I have a giant granny square I'm nearly done with that has a number of ends waiting to be woven in too...then a two color graph ghan is waiting to be started.

20 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

Finally got pictures of my penguins.  You can find them here. 

They are knitted, but still cute.

Penguin Christmas (3).JPG

Oh, WOW!   Mary Jo, you always amaze me with your talent.....   Are you using them for a fundraiser....gifts??  

Finally had some sunshine to take a pic....  it's 54 inches and I used a lot of stash. Even on the crab stitch border, which was a variegated yarn I bought years ago but had absolutely no idea what I was ever going to use it for! 

IMG_20191010_090746950.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, judianne said:

Finally had some sunshine to take a pic....  it's 54 inches and I used a lot of stash. Even on the crab stitch border, which was a variegated yarn I bought years ago but had absolutely no idea what I was ever going to use it for! 

IMG_20191010_090746950.jpg

I love these types of afghans.  They are bright and cheerful to work on and the ones I own always make me feel better when I pull one out to use.  The colors just make me smile.

Just looked thru my Mary Maxim catalogue and saw on the back, that they have some Red Heart Super Saver on Sale.  It is a 7 ounce skein for $1.99.  They are discontinued colors.  Sounds like what they did when PNC was sold to Yarnspiritations. 

https://www.marymaxim.com/red-heart-super-saver-discontinued-yarn-colors.html

On 10/10/2019 at 11:31 AM, Tampa Doll said:

Love the afghan Judy.  The colors are perfect.Thank you! It was designed on the fly...lol

Don't know yet, they will probably end up going to new homes.  A pair at a time.

I love that you're not breaking up the pairs!

On 10/10/2019 at 12:09 PM, Bailey4 said:

I love these types of afghans.  They are bright and cheerful to work on and the ones I own always make me feel better when I pull one out to use.  The colors just make me smile.

It was a very cheerful project to work on!

• 2 weeks later...

Just popping in to say Hi!

I have the finish line in sight for the Maltese Cross Fire fighter throw! I'm going to make a nice deep border to balance it....friend who requested it will be visit in couple of weeks, so I can give it to her then. It's for her brother.

• 2 weeks later...

Mary Jo - that's adorable😍  You know me and graphs...never met one I didn't like, but I especially love the whimsical patterns💕

On 11/9/2019 at 8:04 AM, Tampa Doll said:

Finally finished the afghan and owl to replace the princess afghan for my SIL.

Owl Baby Gift (4).JPG

What an adorable blanket.  I love the different colors and the blue one looking like its ready for a nap.  Beautiful work.

1 hour ago, judianne said:

Finished! It's about 38 by 44, lapghan size. I bordered it with a round of sc, hdc, then a round of crab stitch.

IMG_20191109_121343374.jpg

Beautiful work.  I've seen flannel fire blankets for local depts I've never seen a crocheted/knitted one.  Beautiful work.

Thanks, Mary Jo and Bailey! 

I started my first baby beanie for the NICU last night...looking forward to surprising my friend with a batch for the first time in a long time.