A group to encourage each other to make gifts in 2019

judianne

Thanks ladies!!   I gave it to my friend's 23 yo DD yesterday and she loved it - my friend checked on her daughter during the day and found her sleeping on top of her quilt all wrapped up in the ghan💞

• 2 weeks later...

A dear friend in Florida has used  a motorized scooter to get around for about 25 years and has recently had a very major life change..  I've made totes for her to hang on her scooter so she can put her nook in there, etc. Second one is wearing out, she said,so I made another...using her love of flowers and ladybugs for inspiration...happened to have ladybird fabric on hand for the lining. One color is not raspberry but a Caron pounder in rose.

IMG_20190531_130730586_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190531_130747083_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190531_130800906.jpg

• Like 1

Hi ladies!!! 

Are your hooks moving? Mine are....made a small preemie blanket and thought of a friend from here, Linda, who passed away a few years ago - it was just a granny square, which she used to make for a similar cause. Will be making more - NICU is getting more than their share of tiny babies.

Our church had triplets baptized a couple of weeks ago, so the stack of blankets I had on hand were immediately put to use....have to start working on more.

Any new projects lately or has the heat sapped away the crochet mojo??

On 6/7/2019 at 2:25 PM, Tampa Doll said:

Just finished with a large knitted project.  Hope to get back to my hooks, I sure miss them.

What did you make, Mary Jo?

On 6/13/2019 at 11:44 AM, Tampa Doll said:

I made a vest.  This is where you can see a picture.  https://www.willowyarns.com/product/sonia+vest+knit+pattern.do?from=Search&cx=0   I have to wash it and weave in the ends.  I am not really happy with the arm holes, but I am not use to making cloths.

Adorable pattern! I'm always amazed at the knitted projects you take on❤️

• Like 1

On 6/26/2019 at 12:02 PM, ratdog said:

Not doing anythong in the way of gifts or crochet lately.

I might make some lovies for donation. Just trying to decide what i want to work on.

Sometimes it's hard to get revved up for summer time crochet projects.

Here's the newest christening blanket. Drunken Granny pattern was recommended to me and it went very fast. Measures 29 by 32

You Tube video was super easy to follow.....

IMG_20190624_185706946_HDR.jpg

Edited by judianne

Meant to say anyone is the path of this storm be careful.  We are lucky this time, it is going North.  They are saying Cat1 by Saturday.  Louisiana and Mississippi should be very careful.  We will get some feeder bands, but not that bad.

Be Safe and careful.

On 7/11/2019 at 10:09 AM, Tampa Doll said:

Judy love both blankets.  I have made a few things, jut have to get pictures.  Most will be looking for good homes.

Thank you! I have two more small ones I made - just giant granny squares. Nothing much, but the NICU will be happy!