A group to encourage each other to make gifts in 2019

judianne

So sorry for your loss, Courtney! I hope it's some comfort that she was not in pain and at home.

I finished another lap throw for the nursing home and have started on my GS's blanket for Christmas.

• Like 1

I finished this 52 by 56 inch blanket using a wool blend yarn I was gifted and  used almost every scrap! It's going back to the lady who gave me the yarn

IMG_20190414_115221075.jpg

• Like 1

These are pencil/pen holders I made for this years Fan Conventions I am going to. I plan to give them to Lynda Carter (Wonder Woman)

Linda Larkin (voice of princess Jasmine)  and of course Paige O'Hara, (voice of Belle)

I have so far put 3 sharpies in each. May add some hard candies and a small hand sanitizer.

I plan on making one for Jodi Benson (voice of Ariel, little mermaid) just bought the yarn for that one.

15553454376121646143630.jpg

15553454972371890484477.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 4/15/2019 at 12:24 PM, ratdog said:

These are pencil/pen holders I made for this years Fan Conventions I am going to. I plan to give them to Lynda Carter (Wonder Woman)

Linda Larkin (voice of princess Jasmine)  and of course Paige O'Hara, (voice of Belle)

I have so far put 3 sharpies in each. May add some hard candies and a small hand sanitizer.

I plan on making one for Jodi Benson (voice of Ariel, little mermaid) just bought the yarn for that one.

15553454376121646143630.jpg

15553454972371890484477.jpg

Wow! Did you have a pattern for these?? I'll bet you could make and sell them.

Thank you guys for your encouragement and support. I am heading on a road trip with the 3 little ones on Monday to see my dad. It's a 26 hour drive from Houston to Herkimer NY, so we will take 3 days to get there and spend about a week with him. I haven't seen my dad in 13 years so I am very excited to see him even though the circumstances are sad.

A couple days after I get back we have to hook up and head out to Arizona for our next job, so it's going to be busy around here. I am still crocheting here and there and hope to finish up an afghan while I am in NY.

So many beautiful projects!

About the cyclops bunnies... :)))) When I saw the pic, I wondered why do they have one eye.... But now I can see they have regular eyes! They are really super cute!

I love the christening blanket - i'm much into this topis as I made the christening set - I finished yesterday :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, I am thoroughly disgusted with my pattern. I started the Mary Maxim Timeless Waves Tunic kit. It uses a cotton yarn with a D hook, smaller than I usually work with, so not really "fun". I'm a third into the second round and it measures on gauge. The problem is it's huge. I'm making the XL. I currently wear between XL and XXL. The pattern says the finished bust size is 58.5" for XL which is way to big for me. The picture doesn't show it being baggy on the model, but a regular fit. I'm not sure the 52" for Large isn't going to be too big, too.

I guess this is a good example of why I don't make clothes!

On 5/10/2019 at 6:50 PM, greyhoundgrandma said:

Well, I am thoroughly disgusted with my pattern. I started the Mary Maxim Timeless Waves Tunic kit. It uses a cotton yarn with a D hook, smaller than I usually work with, so not really "fun". I'm a third into the second round and it measures on gauge. The problem is it's huge. I'm making the XL. I currently wear between XL and XXL. The pattern says the finished bust size is 58.5" for XL which is way to big for me. The picture doesn't show it being baggy on the model, but a regular fit. I'm not sure the 52" for Large isn't going to be too big, too.

I guess this is a good example of why I don't make clothes!

Mona, I haven't made clothes or sweaters in many, many years because of problems like you're having! Are you going to continue making it?

Once I finish a lavender and variegated green giant granny square ghan for a friends DD, I have a baby blanket waiting for me to return to - using the purples I was gifted with from a Fairy godmother on the Wish List. That little blanket is fun - white interspersed with many shades of purples😍

41 minutes ago, judianne said:

Mona, I haven't made clothes or sweaters in many, many years because of problems like you're having! Are you going to continue making it?

I'll probably rip it out and try the L. It seemed like a pretty straight forward pattern. I must have been having a real lapse of common sense the day I ordered the kits. I looked at the other two and they both come in small/medium and medium/large. WHAT was I thinking??!! I guess I'll try them and see if they fit anyone I know. LOL  Or if they all drive me crazy, find someone to pass the kits along to. After all my game plan with crocheting is to relax, not pull my hair out.

• Like 1