A group to encourage each other to make gifts in 2019

judianne

On 1/31/2019 at 11:21 PM, howieann said:

We are finally out of the deep freeze and up to 0 degrees. Of course it started snowing again as soon as it warmed up!

Our weather is very weird....we will be in the fifties in a couple of days or so! That's after having to worry about our pipes freezing because of the -18 wind chill record temps!

13 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

One thing off my list--the moorland blanket. Actually I still have to weave in the ends.

moorland blanket.jpg

WOW! What a great job!  Have you tried the Trellis pattern on Lucy's site? It's for the Sweet Pea yarn pack, and the Cal will be done next week. I'm doing that (my GD loves the colors, so it has a home already). I've also used the pattern for a christening blanket. Super easy pattern - I had trouble getting the Moorland to line up properly.

I like the trellis pattern and the colors in the yarn pack, but for some reason the colors in the stripes just didn't do anything for me. I'm planning to use the pattern for a lapghan.

I didn't have an issue with the moorland, but I know several people did. I didn't have enough of the moorland or woodland yarn for a border but like them fine without one. They both cover the top of a full size bed.

• Like 1

Just finished this for my little granddaughter. It was more of a hassle than I thought it would be, but I am pretty happy with how it came out. I realize in hindsight that I should have chosen shades of pink that were closer in color to make the plaid gradient more eye pleasing, but..She is two, so it's ok. 

i

Resized_20190205_120009_212.jpeg

Resized_20190205_120148_2759.jpeg

• Like 2

Courtney, She'll love it! Two year olds..and kids in general, seem to like bright colors. I must be a kid, too, because I like brights too!

Gift for myself! A backpack for my upcoming days at Disney. Its easier to have a backpack when I am using my crutches.

I need to tone down my Belle Obsession for a few days on this trip so ots time to give Wonder Woman her due!

1549802500027176867048.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you all for the compliments!

Cute backpack! It may not be big enough to hold all the souvenirs! 😂

Have a wonderful time!

Edited by richsgirl

On 2/5/2019 at 3:54 PM, richsgirl said:

Just finished this for my little granddaughter. It was more of a hassle than I thought it would be, but I am pretty happy with how it came out. I realize in hindsight that I should have chosen shades of pink that were closer in color to make the plaid gradient more eye pleasing, but..She is two, so it's ok. 

i

Resized_20190205_120009_212.jpeg

Resized_20190205_120148_2759.jpeg

That is just so adorable.  I love the pink and black combo for the blankie.

On 2/10/2019 at 7:42 AM, ratdog said:

Gift for myself! A backpack for my upcoming days at Disney. Its easier to have a backpack when I am using my crutches.

I need to tone down my Belle Obsession for a few days on this trip so ots time to give Wonder Woman her due!

1549802500027176867048.jpg

Great idea for Disney even without crutches it is so nice to have hands free!!! 

I finished my Valentine's package and DH got it mailed out just in time last week.  I settled on a farm theme with finger puppets for the animals.  I'm skipping St. Patrick's Day and moving on to Easter this year as she has a cousin that was born in December and I'd like to make something for him for Easter.  I can't do both of them for Easter and get St. Patrick's Day in too.  There are only so many hours in the day.  I'm not as close to the other family so I thought perhaps just Easter, Birthday, and Christmas.

Crochet Barn and Farm Animal Finger Puppets

• Like 1

Thanks for the link Judy.  That is really cute.

Bailey4 I love the farm thing.  They are going to have a ball.

Here is the doll I have been working on.  I was unable to do 2 things like the pattern.  One is the hair.  It was just to confusing.  2 was the sculptured face.  I envy anyone who can.  Of course I made the doll in thread instead of ww.  I was sooooooooooooooooo big in ww yarn.  Well, here is my doll and here is the original.

dolly (5).JPG

dolly (3).JPG

• Like 1