A group to encourage each other to make gifts in 2019

judianne

Hi peeps!

On 1/14/2019 at 9:18 AM, richsgirl said:

Tiny complaint....knitting takes foooooooreeeeeeeever. 

Can't wait to finish this rabbit and get back to crochet!

It sure does take forever! I don't do it enough to get my speed up...or improve my skills....

On 1/15/2019 at 12:57 PM, ratdog said:

Finished the first Project Linus blanket.

I first tried blanket stiching the edge but it was taking forever. I bought a skip stich rotary blade to perforate the fabric edge, much faster!

1547575042626-1392002781.jpg

That will be so appreciated by whoever gets it - looks so warm and comforting!

14 hours ago, Britty89 said:

I’m new to this forum but I have participated in a Christmas crocheted/knitted gift exchange on facebook every year and I’d love to join in this gift exchange. 

Welcome! As one of the ladies said, we don't do an exchange, but this is the place to be if you want to work on gifts - on any craft - for this new year. Hang around and see if you might like to join us!

I finished it. It is not good, but I feel a big sense of accomplishment and my dd is eagerly awaiting it and says she doesn't care what it looks like she will love it no matter what.

I named it ragamuffin. I put some weighted beads in it along with fiberfill.

Resized_20190117_180406_6681.jpeg

Resized_20190117_180346_7878 (1).jpeg

• Like 3

Progress Report: 3 lapghans for Veterans hospitals

2 Prayer Shawls for our local Hospice

I've been busy with small projects also--we're going to have a display at our local Library--so I'm gathering samples of all our Club's work.  Lots of items are in our garage though, and it's COLD:wcold out there, so-o-o-o not much progress in that!!

• Like 2

Good Morning   This is the baby blanket I made for my sons friends wife.  Her shower is tomorrow so I have to put it in a gift bag so she will have it tomorrow .  I am hoping she likes it.  Not sure why I get so nervous when I give blankets as gifts. 

007.JPG

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, segi1974 said:

Good Morning   This is the baby blanket I made for my sons friends wife.  Her shower is tomorrow so I have to put it in a gift bag so she will have it tomorrow .  I am hoping she likes it.  Not sure why I get so nervous when I give blankets as gifts. 

007.JPG

Love the colorway!!! Looks great!

And I know I still feel a bit nervous when gifting my work. I don't think that feeling ever goes away completely. We are our own worse critics 😋

Ragamuffin is adorable.  I can see why your daughter is eagerly waiting for her.

Sergi I love the blanket.  I am sure they are going to love it.  I do know what you mean about being worried.  I am that way every time I send something out.

Ok, question.  Does anyone have an Air Fryer?  I got one and so far I have made fries and one steak.  I know it takes practice, but can anyone give me a couple of tips?

Well off to watch the hockey game.

Have a good night.

I have an air fryer. I thought it would absolutely revolutionize my rv cooking experience. It didn't. What did revolutionize it was my instant pot, which I use almost every day, sometimes twice a day. It is the best thing since sliced bread. I can make authentic tasting baked ziti with five minutes prep time, and 5 minutes cook time, make delicious chicken and rice recipes, hearty stews, with almost no effort at all. I love it!!

Anyway... what I found is that the air fryer is often times my go to for lunches. I make fish sticks, tater tots, pierogies, etc in it. I have made tuna patties in them instead of frying them and they turned out perfectly. Also, fried raviolis are a great easy and tasty dinner, just egg, breadcrumb and and airfry and serve with a veggie and some marinara to dip. The recipe is at the bottom of the pinterest board.

I have the bigger model with 3 racks, I have to rotate the racks and flip the items halfway through so the ones on the top rack don't get overcooked. Sometimes I wished I had gotten the one with the basket so I could just shake it around.

Anyway, here is my air fryer pinterest board which has some good ideas on it, and below is a link to a potato slicer from amazon to make air fryer french fries, which is where this gadget really shines. Hope this helps.

https://www.pinterest.com/richsgirl0210/air-fryer/

https://www.amazon.com/French-Cutter-Potato-Slicer-Italian/dp/B002ZPY9RS/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1548683545&sr=8-20&keywords=small+french+fry+slicer

Edited by richsgirl

Thank you for the info on the Air Fryer.  I do not have a lot of counter space.  I have a crock pot, a coffee pot, a toaster and now an Air Fryer on the counter along with knives and such.  Cabinets are either to high, or I can not reach the back.

I use knitting if I do not want to worry when I am working with it.  I guess cause I learned it before crochet, it is easier for me.  Most of the time you can take a knitted pattern and change it over to crochet.

I had to put an English Bull Dog I have been working on aside, as the face is driving me crazy.  I will get back to it in a few days.

By the way, incase anyone is interested the NEW Wish List is open.

Have a fun day.

How are all our friends up North?  I am sitting here watching the news and they are loving showing the Chicago River and Lake Michigan.  They keep showing the temps and the feels like.  Please stay indoors and keep warm.  Good time to start an afghan that will cover you as you work on it.

Have a good day and stay warm.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Thank you for the info on the Air Fryer.  I do not have a lot of counter space.  I have a crock pot, a coffee pot, a toaster and now an Air Fryer on the counter along with knives and such.  Cabinets are either to high, or I can not reach the back. LOL! I call myself "height challenged" since I'm about 5'3" ...and my brothers are 6'5 and 6'8

I use knitting if I do not want to worry when I am working with it.  I guess cause I learned it before crochet, it is easier for me.  Most of the time you can take a knitted pattern and change it over to crochet. Like the cross stitch patterns I convert to crochet crafts! It just takes a bit of thought, but it's fun figuring it out.

I had to put an English Bull Dog I have been working on aside, as the face is driving me crazy.  I will get back to it in a few days. That's got to be hard face to do! 

By the way, incase anyone is interested the NEW Wish List is open.

Have a fun day.

Thanks for the info on the wish list!

Ah Judy I am laughing myself silly about the height challenge.  We were from 5" to 6"  Steps, Starting with Mom and ending with Brother.  I am 5"3 also, so you know my pain of reach.

I hate to admit it, but I tossed the Bull Dog away.  I am now looking for a new pattern.  It was easy to knit the body and stuff, but I could not get the face to work and I have been working on it for over a week.  I am calling defeat.  I found a couple on Ravely and Esty.  I just have to decide which one I want.

Keep warm everyone.

• Like 1

Wow Mary Jo, I am so glad to know I am not the only one that cannot make amigurumi look right sometimes. I really thought it was just me, now I feel better.

I am 5'4", my sister is 5'9 and my brother is 6'1". I have always liked being smaller, never once have I ever wished to be tall. :) My 21 year old Mea is 5'1" and she loves her height. Funny isn't it how we are all so different.

My mom said it was 10 below in NY. It is very cold here in Oklahoma. Heading to south Tx for next assignment next week, can't wait.

• Like 1