A group to encourage each other to make gifts in 2019

judianne

As crocheters we always either learn from each other or just support each other in everyday life. There's a bond we have over our shared addiction  hobby, which extends to other crafts as well, and as a group over the past few years we've cheered each other on as we've worked toward our goals.

Everyone from Crochetville is welcome, regardless of your experience level, and regardless of what crafts you will be working on.

This is a new beginning, once again. Let the hooks start smoking!

Edited by judianne
  • Like 1

Good evening Judianne and group.  I hope to participate more this year.  I have already started a project and it should keep me busy.

I hope everyone had a nice New Years Eve and hope their year is starting out good.

• Like 1

I'm in again this year.  I love seeing what others are making.  I'm still making holiday boxes to send out to a family member with books and small crochet items for the various holidays.  I also have more little one's birthdays to make toys for this year.

• Like 1

I'll be here, too. Haven't really gotten started on a list yet.  I think the girls have plenty blankets for now, but maybe scarves for them and definitely a blanket for my GS.  First thing of the year is a baby blanket for a niece due in February.

• Like 1

I guess I can post that I am making a baby blanket for a shower the end of Jan.  My son's friend's wife is having there first baby and they had a hard time getting pregnant so I am thrilled to be making this blanket for them.

• Like 1

I’m back!  Hopefully this will be the year that I finish that log cabin afghan. I also got the bright idea of making all 7 of my Grandchildren a zip up hoodie. I even bought the pattern already. I also bought the pattern in both adult men and women sizes.  If I finish the grandkids, I want to make them for hubby and my children as well.  

Edited by Gardener

I'm back, as well!  It sounds like everyone is pretty ready to go on this!  I have just finished one afghan for the Veterans' hospital, and am about halfway through a Prayer Shawl for our local Hospice.  

On 1/4/2019 at 7:42 PM, segi1974 said:

I guess I can post that I am making a baby blanket for a shower the end of Jan.  My son's friend's wife is having there first baby and they had a hard time getting pregnant so I am thrilled to be making this blanket for them.

Awesome! Are you using neutral baby colors? If you can, we would love to see a picture❤️

On 1/5/2019 at 10:11 AM, Gardener said:

I’m back!  Hopefully this will be the year that I finish that log cabin afghan. I also got the bright idea of making all 7 of my Grandchildren a zip up hoodie. I even bought the pattern already. I also bought the pattern in both adult men and women sizes.  If I finish the grandkids, I want to make them for hubby and my children as well.  

You can do it, Cindy! Are the hoodies crocheted, with a zipper?? You had better start now...lol!

On 1/5/2019 at 12:09 PM, Avon Lady said:

I'm back, as well!  It sounds like everyone is pretty ready to go on this!  I have just finished one afghan for the Veterans' hospital, and am about halfway through a Prayer Shawl for our local Hospice.  

Great work!

We love to see pictures, but if that's not possible, not to worry! 

Here's a 42 inch RR made for a 2 yo named Trinity. The days have been so cloudy and dreary I gave up on getting a good picture...of course, now that the blanket is in the wash, the sun finally came out this afternoon....

IMG_20190105_165725533.jpg

• Like 4

I would like to be a part of this. I'm new here and I know I could definitely use the support and I'd love to help others.

I have a list of things I want to make for various friends and family members, all crochet. I am currently working on a spider web poncho for a friend as a late Christmas present and a big spider for her birthday which is in February. 

Pretty blanket, Judy!

2019 project list:

1. baby blanket for Ellen

2. Moorland blanket

3. 2 scarves and shawl for MJ and ML

4. blanket for RM

5. lap throws/shawls for nursing home (finished 5 throws, 2 shawl)

6. temperature blanket for ML

7. wrap kit

8. 3 cardigan kits putting these aside to rethink sizes

9. Sweater(s) for J's greyhounds (2 finished)

10. 2 blankets for J & M (Phoenix & Planet Earth)

11. Halloween bag for Max

Edited by greyhoundgrandma

Oh Judianne, I love the afghan.

I have the same as last year. 

Dolls & outfits for Bailey4's group.

Stuffies and dolls for Peggy85225's Children's Cancer group.

I not sure about the American Legion this year.  Still waiting to hear.

I do need a project that will use cotton yarn.

WonderCrocheter welcome to the group.  We do love pictures.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2019 at 11:09 AM, judianne said:

Here's a 42 inch RR made for a 2 yo named Trinity. The days have been so cloudy and dreary I gave up on getting a good picture...of course, now that the blanket is in the wash, the sun finally came out this afternoon....

Gorgeous round ripple and what a wonderful gift!

Edited by RecycleCindy
  • Like 1

I would like to join in and hopefully be more active this year. WE are currently in Tulsa and heading for Houston in February. Still bombing around the country and enjoying it. 

I got quite a blow as a start to the new year, my mom, who is 73, called and told me she has liver cancer and it has metastasized to her bones. She is taking Essiac tea, which if you look it up on amazon, the reviews are astounding. loads of people who were sent home to die because there was nothing more the doctors could do started drinking it every day and went into full remission.Pets too. If any of you pray, will you please pray for my mother? Her name is Sharon.

I am currently working on a knitted rabbit, after that I plan to make a crocheted gecko out of #10 thread with beads along the back for accent. (Gecko Frecko on google) both for Cassie, my 18 year old daughter in Alaska.

After that I plan on knitting Pocket poppets for my girls and granddaughter

Then I want to finally finish the alaska hat for dh.

Hi, my friends!  Thanks for the compliments on the RR! It was fun to make.

On 1/7/2019 at 11:29 AM, WonderCrocheter said:

I would like to be a part of this. I'm new here and I know I could definitely use the support and I'd love to help others.

I have a list of things I want to make for various friends and family members, all crochet. I am currently working on a spider web poncho for a friend as a late Christmas present and a big spider for her birthday which is in February. 

Welcome! This is a great little group, and we always love seeing new people join in. The spider web poncho sounds like a fun project!

22 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Pretty blanket, Judy! Thanks!!

2019 project list:

1. baby blanket for Ellen

2. Moorland blanket

3. scarves for MJ and ML

4. blanket for RM

5. lap throws/shawls for nursing home

6. temperature blanket for ML

7. wrap kit

8. 3 cardigan kits

Wow - what a list! Have you thought about the best way to get through it all?

13 hours ago, Crochet+mom said:

I’d love to join this.

heres the list I’ve started, will add more later 

1- blanket for sons Christmas 

2- blanket for daughters Christmas 

3- dishcloths for myself!

4- dishcloths for sister 

5- scarf for daughters birthday 

Welcome!!! Awesome list - are you starting with the smallest projects first, or the biggest?

3 hours ago, richsgirl said:

I would like to join in and hopefully be more active this year. WE are currently in Tulsa and heading for Houston in February. Still bombing around the country and enjoying it. 

I got quite a blow as a start to the new year, my mom, who is 73, called and told me she has liver cancer and it has metastasized to her bones. She is taking Essiac tea, which if you look it up on amazon, the reviews are astounding. loads of people who were sent home to die because there was nothing more the doctors could do started drinking it every day and went into full remission.Pets too. If any of you pray, will you please pray for my mother? Her name is Sharon.

I am currently working on a knitted rabbit, after that I plan to make a crocheted gecko out of #10 thread with beads along the back for accent. (Gecko Frecko on google) both for Cassie, my 18 year old daughter in Alaska.

After that I plan on knitting Pocket poppets for my girls and granddaughter

Then I want to finally finish the alaska hat for dh.

I'm so sorry your mom is going through this - but you never know what will work, esp when a person has a positive outlook. I will keep your mom - and you - in my prayers.

Keep crafting, too - it's better than any anti-anxiety meds IMO❤️

Beautiful blanket Juiianne.  Sorry to hear about your Mom Richsgirl. 

Welcome to all the members joining in. 

I am still making the blanket for my sons friend.  I better get kicking on it to get done.  I wanted to make new placemats for my dining room table but they may need to be put to the side for now as I have to start making my baby blankets for the NCIU at the hospital.  I only have two to take on the 14th. 

• Like 1

Judy, the list is really not as bad as it sounds. The Moorland blanket is 3/4 or more done. Not sure if I'll keep it or give it away. The temp blanket is not on any time schedule. It was on the list last year. The cardigan kits are short sleeve lacy ones so I don't think they'll take too long. The shawls/lapghans for the nursing home are whenever I have time.  The blanket for RM is for Christmas and is one I've made before--a wave type ripple with car appliques. And the scarves are child size so a quick make.

I do have to get off my duff and get the baby blanket done this month.

I've been making pot holders in the thermal stitch as a mindless thing when the grandkids are here or when I need to take a small project. Now I just need to find someone who needs some before I end up with a lifetime supply.

• Haha 1