babypoohsmom

Boxing Day 2019 (any charity items)

I made 2 lovies this week , an angel and a bunny. Will post pictures later.

13 hours ago, ratdog said:

15622435096181161531199.jpg

So cute. 

• Like 1

Very cute lovies.

So glad to see everyone getting so much done. C2C projects are one of my favorites right now. They don't take much brain power and the texture is so sturdy.

Today after I was done working on a quilt for a customer, I picked up a project bag that had an afghan that was messed up in the very center. I had convinced myself the wobbly start would "work its way out" as I kept going. Am I the only one who lies to myself like that?  While I was sad and frustrated to see my hours of work popping out with each stitch I pulled out, it felt like a big ball of possibility when I was done. It was a rather large skein of RHSS Ombré. 

Sunday, I am sure I will spend at least 90 minutes watching the ladies football/soccer final, so maybe I will stick with an easy hat!!

Hope everyone made it back after the upgrade.  Also noticed CALS have been moved up a few sections to Crochetville Essentials.

Found out place where sis and niece work have a storage place so they will accept afghans year round for their annual Project Linus drive.  We are prepping for a move and I found a baby afghan in back of closet so sent it in.  Almost have another one done along with some ministockings for W4W.  

That's funny. I rarely leave this CAL and I thought the look changed because of an update to my iPad! 

I should probably pay closer attention to stuff! 

Posted (edited)
On 7/18/2019 at 8:52 PM, babypoohsmom said:

That's funny. I rarely leave this CAL and I thought the look changed because of an update to my iPad! 

I should probably pay closer attention to stuff! 

Ok want you to see we will all have to log in Sun.  

Edited by bgs

Uh oh. I feel like that might mean that I need to remember my password! This coul be tragic!

Hey Bailey...I was at Target today and walked passed the toys. I saw their version of Americal Girl sized dolls there. Most of them were $25-$29, but I noticed that the African American and the Middle Eastern dolls were marked to $18 on clearance. Would the area you service with your doll project benefit from dolls of these ethnicities? I would gladly buy them and donate them to you. Just say the word and I will get back to Target right away. 

6 hours ago, babypoohsmom said:

Uh oh. I feel like that might mean that I need to remember my password! This coul be tragic!

Exactly! :yes I know the tragedy of having to remember passwords, which is why I wanted to give advance warning of the logout. If anyone ends up needing to reset their password and encounters problems with that, I'll be around to help, checking email that comes in via the Contact Us form. (Hm, I need to add that to the announcement.)

40 minutes ago, Donna said:

Exactly! :yes I know the tragedy of having to remember passwords, which is why I wanted to give advance warning of the logout. If anyone ends up needing to reset their password and encounters problems with that, I'll be around to help, checking email that comes in via the Contact Us form. (Hm, I need to add that to the announcement.)

Donna I have suspected for about 4 upgrades ago the contact us feature does not work even if its there on the login page.  My first clue was when I couldnt get logged in, tried it, and got no response.  After a month or so I got back.  That is what scares most of us.  Not being able to login and not being able to contact someone for help.  That is why some of us have exchanged email addresses.  I am not on fb but Tampa Doll is so she checks for help there.  A couple of years ago Amy gave us her @crochetville email but if it isnt checked regularly it doesnt help much.

I tested the Contact Us form yesterday and it is working now. If anyone would like to pre-test it today before the mass logout, please do. In the message just say you're testing (or whatever you want to put in there). I'll be the only one monitoring it right now, so I'll know the purpose.

I'm planning to make a trip by the local nursing home this week. I've ended up with 5 lap throws and 2 shawls.

20190722_111300.jpg

20190722_111120.jpg

• Like 1

Mona very nice delivery.  I am sure they will be greatly appreciated.  Do I see a granny ripple?  I have been thinking about giving it a try.

Thanks! The darker blue one is the mountain mist afghan. It's a free pattern.

Every time someone posts new blankets, I want to start a new one!!

Every time someone posts new blankets, I want to start a new one!!

Well, I  was up too late the other night...Lion Brand was selling cake yarns for $1. The catch was...you had to buy a whole case. I wonder what I can do with 90 skeins of yarn all in the same color? I guess I'll find out in 5-10 business days. I had it shipped to my friend's house up north. Surprise!! Maybe they will be awesome Christmas presents for my yarn-y friends. 

Glad I didn't see that sale! Sales are so hard to resist. You'll be stocked up for a while.

Well the nice thing if its a mandala yarn you can make everyone the same thing and they will all look different because of the way the colors change.

Our box will have 90 skeins of a yarn called Yarnado in the Monsoon colorway.

My friend just retired a month ago and will have plenty of time to do some cake yarn work. I see the potential for lots of 2ply C2C blankets.  We joked about it and when I got her to admit to the color she would like best, I ordered it. I can't wait to see my phone blow up when the box gets to her!!

Meanwhile, I have been having no fun. Between work and 'domestic issues" at home, I find myself going to bed early just to try to avoid thinking. No worries, I see all of the red flags of depression and I'm working on that.  I have a hat almost done, and have decided to make that American Girl dress with a variegated yarn for the bodice and a solid for the skirt. I'm going to use that Mianstay yarn from Walmart. I try to grab a skein for my stash every time I do some shopping there, just to encourage them to keep stocking it. 

I have lots of fabrics set aside to make the zipper pouches. I'm excited about that project. I am not sure if I shared here that I got a new surger. The one my mom had (a Babylock/Juki from the 60's) was impossible to thread. As luck would have it, I have a friend who's 78 year old dad loves to fix discarded old machines (no computers). He then donates them to his local St Vincent de Paul store and he has a following in his community. When he donates a machine to them, it is nearly always sold the same day. My mom's machine brought in $100 and went home with an older gal who knew how to thread it with her eyes shut.  It was a no brainer for me....but it was my mom's and she passed 7 years ago now, and I only kept it for sentimental reasons. So after I let it go and saw that it did good, I didn't feel bad about buying a new one. I use it a lot for making trap covers for TNR programs and for cutting down those fuzzy blankets into kennel sized blankets, and now for the zipper bags, so I splurged! 

With all of this splurging, I am going to be packing my lunch for a few more months!!!

Denise so funny having 90 cakes sent to your friend.  Too bad you cant see her face when it arrives.  No I dont think you told us about your new surger.  Sounds like you did the right thing letting go of your mom's and getting yourself one thst was easier for you to use.  Sorry for whatever life issues are going on. Hope they work out soon. Things are very stressful here.  We are in the process of downsizing and moving. I find myself crocheting potholders when I should be doing other things but to overwhelmed to do them.  Last doll dress I did I made the bodice from the flamenco dress but made the skirt in solid dc with some gradual increases so its not so see thru.

I have heard from Avon Lady.  Her computer is still down so she checks in when she can at the library. She and her group have been busy so thought I would share since she couldnt.

We just dropped off 4 Prayer Shawls at our local Hospice this afternoon.  Friday, we took 14 lapghans to the Veteran's local office, to be delivered to 2 Veterans hospitals.  My Froggers Crochet Club is finally turning them in again!"

• Like 1