Boxing Day 2019 (any charity items)

babypoohsmom

I have been looking at all the stuff that is being made.  I don't get over here much, but I need to change that.

You have all been doing great work.

• Like 1

I did want to let y'all know what I have been up to.

It took me 3 months to make the 2 stroller blankies and one dress (I had the first one made ages ago.)  I am trying to decide if I should just donate all my yarn (and get about a million points in stashbusting:elle)  or if I should keep some in case I can crochet again.  (In the old days, it would have taken me 3 days and  not 3 months to do this bit 😢

lm00015.jpg

Edited by darski
  • Like 3

darski I am so glad you checked in.  Your presence here is missed very much.  The sets are beautiful.  I cant begin to tell you how sorry and sad I am that you are having problems crocheting.

Pretty sets, darski! So sorry that it's such slow going for you. I guess the yarn issue depends at least partly on whether you still get any joy from your creations even tho they take a while. Continuing to pray that things improve for you.

Darski, we are so glad that you are still here!! Your sets are beautiful as always. I agree wth Mona, if it still brings you joy even though it's not at the pace you'd like, then you have your answer.  You have brought so much happiness to so many with your gift. 

Brenda, the stockings are so fun. I wonder what they look like all packed in a box. A little sock party!! 

I got 11 more blankets ready for the rescue today:

image.thumb.jpeg.a135498c94fe1391a7e8f50e85e840a2.jpeg

Also made a "candy corn" hat. My gauge is finally getting a bit more relaxed. This hat will fit a large head or someone with a lot of hair. This was a J hook. I have enough yarn left to make another one so I will try an I hook. The yarn was a Goodwill find.

image.thumb.jpeg.19efe7de36f6324e224a8d5dd831e1f5.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't done the best at keeping up with this thread, sorry.  But June was a productive month for charity projects, so here they are:

5 scarfs for Operation Gratitude

4 squares for Pine Ridge 

3 mini stocking for Warmth for Warriors.

Hopefully July will be productive too.

1409402561_6-30-19(2).thumb.JPG.d732a752df2dc82e75bbd16137a3b193.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cshort said:

I haven't done the best at keeping up with this thread, sorry.  But June was a productive month for charity projects, so here they are:

5 scarfs for Operation Gratitude

4 squares for Pine Ridge 

3 mini stocking for Warmth for Warriors.

Hopefully July will be productive too.

1409402561_6-30-19(2).thumb.JPG.d732a752df2dc82e75bbd16137a3b193.JPG

Carol glad you checked in. Its getting lonely in here.  :clap for mini stockings.  I like the texture on the scarves.  Cant quite make it out but I think I have used that stitch on some afghans.  Nice squares for Pam to use in afghans for Pine Ridge.

I got a new computer and did not seem to be able to log into the forum, finally got it to work.  I found another group online collecting hats for babies so have made 6 while watching TV the last couple of days.  Maybe sometime I will learn how to post a picture.  Happy 4th to all!

11 minutes ago, alp1 said:

I got a new computer and did not seem to be able to log into the forum, finally got it to work.  I found another group online collecting hats for babies so have made 6 while watching TV the last couple of days.  Maybe sometime I will learn how to post a picture.  Happy 4th to all!

Glad to see you here too.

Yes,when we did hats,that was what we said too if someone had big hair,it would fit. I'm at a stand still with yarn,mostly reading,did get two rocks done for drop a rock July3rd the word is harmony this year

22 hours ago, bgs said:

Carol glad you checked in. Its getting lonely in here.  :clap for mini stockings.  I like the texture on the scarves.  Cant quite make it out but I think I have used that stitch on some afghans.  Nice squares for Pam to use in afghans for Pine Ridge.

The scarves are corner to corner (c2c) stitch.