Boxing Day 2019 (any charity items)

babypoohsmom

Bailey, I can see the dress, but can't find the link to the pattern, is it yours? Yesterday I spent about 90 minutes looking at all of the doll patterns Darski posted on the Ville! Lol, trying to find something easy. I will try the skirt and I also found a poncho pattern that was part of a set she posted. I forgot to write down the name of the set.

Meanwhile, back in my comfy wheelhouse, here is a new hat!! 

image.thumb.jpeg.72b43123d2942188f348912b91ef941d.jpeg

Edited by babypoohsmom
  • Like 2

American Girl Nightgown

I'm most of the way through the Mary Maxim doll kit and I've got the mat done for the kitchen set.  It was a great project to work on during our New Year's Eve game night as it was all sc.  I've got one of the oven burners complete.  3 more to make along with the other kitchen items, but I'm making progress.

I've gotten ALL 48 hats done for the 4 different sized preemie berevement sets, as well as all 24 diapers for the small sized sets, 16 medium sized diapers, and 12 large sized diapers. I ran out of the blue I'm using so I'll be picking some up (or finding more in my stash lol) before I can finish the rest of the diapers. Still have the XL sized diapers to make, and then I'll be moving on to the gowns...12 in each size. It's the blankets that will take the longest to finish, I think, as each one takes about 3.5 hours and I've got 48 to make for these sets. I'm well ahead of the game, as I want to get these sets completed and donated by August (when my friend's triplets were born).

I've also just gotten a start on a new ministry in my church today. The Pastor was looking for someone to be responsible for distributing a gift from the church to each new baby born to our congregation. I LOVE making baby things and try to make something for every baby I know, so it occurred to me that I could make a small blanket (carseat size) for each new little love as a gift from the church, with the church funding the yarn supply. I spoke with the woman in charge of this proposed ministry and she loves the idea. She's going to get approval from the Pastor, and then give me the green light. Once I get the go-ahead, I'll make a couple up to have on-hand as our church tends to go in waves of pregnancies lol. We're in a lul right now so it would be a good time to get ahead of the game 💕. I've got a design in mind that I'll be drawing up here soon....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Inkked0317 said:

I've gotten ALL 48 hats done for the 4 different sized preemie berevement sets, as well as all 24 diapers for the small sized sets, 16 medium sized diapers, and 12 large sized diapers. I ran out of the blue I'm using so I'll be picking some up (or finding more in my stash lol) before I can finish the rest of the diapers. Still have the XL sized diapers to make, and then I'll be moving on to the gowns...12 in each size. It's the blankets that will take the longest to finish, I think, as each one takes about 3.5 hours and I've got 48 to make for these sets. I'm well ahead of the game, as I want to get these sets completed and donated by August (when my friend's triplets were born).

I've also just gotten a start on a new ministry in my church today. The Pastor was looking for someone to be responsible for distributing a gift from the church to each new baby born to our congregation. I LOVE making baby things and try to make something for every baby I know, so it occurred to me that I could make a small blanket (carseat size) for each new little love as a gift from the church, with the church funding the yarn supply. I spoke with the woman in charge of this proposed ministry and she loves the idea. She's going to get approval from the Pastor, and then give me the green light. Once I get the go-ahead, I'll make a couple up to have on-hand as our church tends to go in waves of pregnancies lol. We're in a lul right now so it would be a good time to get ahead of the game 💕. I've got a design in mind that I'll be drawing up here soon....

You are off to a wonderful start and congratulations on being put in charge of your church's new ministry.  Bless those of you making baby things.  About all I can muster up for them are afghans.

the start of my first baby set for the year.  It is to be a stroller set but I'm afraid it is too holey to be effective. 

it is def summer weight. I'm working on a dress/ pinafore and a hat.

tulip01.jpg.d83255caccbf788f3e45d9f0a5aab4c2.jpg

tulip02.jpg.acb4f0478114c392fade798c90fbc0e0.jpg

• Like 2

On 1/6/2019 at 6:42 PM, Inkked0317 said:

What a wonderful project.

On 1/7/2019 at 8:53 AM, darski said:

the start of my first baby set for the year.  It is to be a stroller set but I'm afraid it is too holey to be effective. 

it is def summer weight. I'm working on a dress/ pinafore and a hat.

tulip01.jpg.d83255caccbf788f3e45d9f0a5aab4c2.jpg

tulip02.jpg.acb4f0478114c392fade798c90fbc0e0.jpg

Very beauitful

• Like 1

On 1/8/2019 at 12:18 AM, bgs said:

Darski its beautiful.  

Prayer shawl using Darski's green with envy shawl pattern made using Lion Brand Mandala yarn.

20190107_111823.thumb.jpg.415e06cc3e46945638ed987f4726d41e.jpg

Love the colors.  This will brighten someone's day.

• Like 2

I've been working on projects for the baby and 18 inch doll as well as working on the kitchen play mat.  No pictures yet, but I did finish a couple of the baby doll sets in between listening to one of my nephews read his homeschool assigned reading and while I'm switching between reading to the boys.  I decided to maximize my time by using that time for items that have simple patterns.  Today I finished the sink for the kitchen mat. Yesterday I worked on a baby doll dress.

I've just got flowers to finish and sew on and I'll have an 18" outfit done.  I'm hoping to get some pictures done this weekend.

• Like 1

Its a very old Boye I hook which I think is a tad larger than Boye I hooks sold today.  The yarn is sport weight (says light on label).  I had no idea how big to make it.  I somehow estimated when to start the edging (which I loved) and only had 2 yards of yarn left out of 2 cakes.  I didnt count and make a note of the number of rows.

This crocheting while Skyping with the nephews is working out.  Finished the scrubby for the kitchen mat today while listening to reading today.  Last night I finished the Mary Maxim 18" doll kit.  I'm close on another 16" baby doll outfit.  Hoping to get the pictures done this weekend.

Tonight I want to work my next 18" project which is sweater and bottom sets.  I'm not sure whether they'll be pants or skirts but with the cold weather I feel the call to make some doll sweaters.

I started a graph-ghan at the very end of November and I finished it this week! I thought I was going to keep it for myself, but every time I picked it up, a young couple I know came to mind. They are both 17 and in high school (I'm friends with his mom & have seen him grow up for the past 4 years). They are unexpectedly expecting a little boy in March...and this blanket is a Trinity Knot pattern....so every time I worked on it, I thought of them. And every time I thought of them, I prayed for them. It took me a bit but I realized this blanket wasn't for me to keep, it was for them. So I put it in the mail yesterday along with the baby blanket I made for the wee one.

As soon as I finished that project, I reorganized my project bin, got the left over yarn back into my stash, and pulled yarn to make a baby blanket...this is for a friend of a friend...young military couple, no where close to home, expecting baby #1. They had a baby shower and no one attended. Their friends shared their Amazon registry on public media in case anyone would want to help them get ready for their new baby. Happily, by the time I saw it, the other military wives near them had gotten together and started arranging a do-over shower with all of them planning to attend, and then entire registry was bought out! I took a look at their story on Amazon, realized they're big fans of the TV show Supernatural (and I am too!), so I'm making them a Supernatural themed baby blanket just because. I've got their address and I'll mail it off and hopefully our mutual friend will let them know it's coming so they don't get freaked out by some random person sending them a baby blanket lol!

And I'm back to working on the preemie berevement sets now that the big project is done. I've got all my colors back in my bin! Working on the XL diapers now, then I'll be going back and making the rest of the other 2 sizes (I had run out of blue before). Then it will be on to the gowns. My nearly 5 year old was perched on my lap as I was making these diapers today. She asked me who's baby I was making it for. I told her some babies get born before they're really ready, and they're really tiny, so there's not a lot that will fit them. I'm making these sets for these teeny babies and their parents. And she just looked at me for a minute and then gave me a little kiss on the cheek....I know I mess up daily, but moments like that tell me I'm doing ok by my kids ❤️

8 minutes ago, babypoohsmom said:

I am not really sure how the quote box got opened, but I can't make it go away. I still have to make a flower for my first hat. I've made two cat mats and that's about it. The shawl, the baby blanket and the scarves look great. Everyone has been hooking away without me! 

I really want to do some doll stuff, some Christmas stockings and baby booties this year. I have patterns that you amazing people sent me, but now I have to get to it!!

I've had some kittens come in and go out already this year. Humphrey, Smoke, Chance and Magic have all been "single rescues" that have been in the house and out to new homes and Magic is on the way to a Petsmart store tomorrow. The one I got today is not using her left front paw, so we will need to figure out why. She's super sweet. 

Chris looking forward to seeing the doll clothes.

Denise have you decided on a pattern for doll clothes?  I want to get started on ministockings. w4w received 3648 ministockings in 2018 and many of us hope for 4000 this year.  Sounds like you have been busy with kitties.

Carol nice scarves and hat.

Inkked0317 sounds like you had several little voice moments with the graphghan and where it was supposed to go.  So nice you making the military couple a baby blanket and how others stepped up for them. I am glad there are people out there like you that can make the bereavement gowns.  Such a sweet moment with your daughter.