CLOSED 2019 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

Hi everyone!! This week I finished the Avengers logo blanket for my older grandson and used 5 skeins and 1 ball on it.  

I started my first photo graphgan and realized 9 rows in that as much as I love doing graphs,  I will never voluntarily do a photo graphgan lol just too extremely detailed for me. 

This next week I'm going to be focusing on stuffies for some special kids in my life and baby sets for a few on the way ♡

WTD :+11

YTD :+59

20190601_232257.jpg

• Like 1

Scores for the week ending 6/1/19:

Gold Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +11

Silver Medal Winner: pineknott +10

Bronze Medal Winner: tie at +3--greyhoundgrandma & Ellie 13

MalisaMeesa +1

Holding steady at 0:

KoalaLovesYarn

PBLKNP

TexasPurl

Good job! Another week with no Shoot the Moon Winner!

24 minutes ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Nice blanket, Jessie!  I would think a photo ghan would be a real pain to keep up with all those colors and the placement.

That is exactly why I chose sanity over the finished blanket lol. The amount of ends in the first 9 rows was mind boggling 

I think I messed up my YTD score 1 point :blush I'll fix it. I finished the prayer shawl and finally rolled down the endless ball. I used about 2/3 of it (+1) :yay . I made more flowers and pocket prayer shawls, used 3 balls (+3) :cheer . I took 5 leftover squares from the knit/crochet group to put borders on them. I'll make 4 more and make a 9 patch baby afghan. 

WTD:  + 4  YTD:  + 60

Ellie 13

• Like 1

So I've been packing up most of this past week, and did another purge of things including another couple of trash bags of yarn. they were donated to the same place I donated last time and it was a total of 38 skeins and 22 balls donated so + 98!

I also actually threw away about 5 balls worth of yarn that was tangled and shredded by my nieces cats. +5

Due to the rules of the government I am not moving to Japan with my sister and family, but am moving back into my home town which was ravaged by a reported and confirmed 18 tornadoes on memorial day so say a little prayer for me I can find housing in the next week.

WTD + 103!!!!

• Like 1

Our LYS in Windsor, Ewe & You, had their “Knitting in Public Day” event today.  A fun time was had by all!  We all sat outside knitting and crocheting, and having ice cream.  We also played a game called “Last Knitter Standing.”  I won!  For a prize, I got a skein of yarn, so...

WTD =-2

YTD = +31

58574812-5E7D-4408-9684-8B3BA644235C.jpeg

• Like 1

I got a bit done this week. My score looks great because I'm using some pearl cotton skeins that only have 27 yards each in them. :rofl  Hey, I'll take + numbers any way I can get 'em. 

WTD +12

Have a Happy week everyone!

Y'all I organized my stash today and I swear it's exploded and I honestly have no idea what I've logged here and what I haven't and my brain is so fried from classes.....

Would it be alright with the group if I zero out my score completely,  just start from scratch fir the year with me the stash I've got,  and take Shoot the Moon for next week? I'm seriously clueless here lol

1 hour ago, Inkked0317 said:

Y'all I organized my stash today and I swear it's exploded and I honestly have no idea what I've logged here and what I haven't and my brain is so fried from classes.....

Would it be alright with the group if I zero out my score completely,  just start from scratch fir the year with me the stash I've got,  and take Shoot the Moon for next week? I'm seriously clueless here lol

go right ahead and restart!! I know I feel that way some days too! Especially when I get bags of yarn from friends who have it and don't have a clue what to do with it.

• Like 1

Scores for the week ending 6/8/19:

Gold Medal Winner: MalisaMeesa +103

Silver Medal Winner: TexasPurl +12

Bronze Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +4

greyhoundgrandma +3

pineknott +2

Inkked0317 0

Shoot the Moon Winner: PBLKNP -2

Thank you for your understanding!! I'm usually so much more organized than this but there is an insane amount of schoolwork this semester because it's a short session (only 8 weeks instead of 16) but covers the same materials.  I think that's what I'm finding so overwhelming.  I'm making a point of setting aside crochet time most days because that is my sanity lol.

Your profile picture is impressive! I lost weight in 2017-2018, but unfortunately I lost my motivation this year and have gained a lot of it back. If I can get my snacking under control, I'll do a lot better. Not much self-control. LOL

• Like 1

I'm at the library because The Cozy Project (knit/crochet group) is meeting here in an hour. The ladies are going to like how I fixed the 5 leftover squares they gave me. I added borders and got them all to 8 inches. I made 2 more squares and will make 2 more tonight. I used up the rest of the endless skein :yay (+1). I brought some :yarn to donate, but I might take some too :lol . I'll add my score before I leave (or by Sat.).

Ellie 13