Silver Medal Winner: greyhoundgrandma +45

Bronze Medal Winner: pineknott +38

KoalaLovesYarn +14

PBLKNP +10

howieann +10

February's Shoot the Moon Winner: TexasPurl -113

• Like 1

Pam, so glad you're better!

Jessie, that's quite an accomplished on the crochet front and the personal one!

We're headed to Little Rock today for DH's tests. I'm taking probably too many crochet projects, but I'm hopeful that I'll get lots done.

I did a lot of :crocheting last week, but didn't get to post. I found 3 multi colored granny squares in a bag of donated yarn I pulled out of the basement. They're 6 1/2 (3/4 ?) inches, made by a lefty. I have a skein of off white and a pink that looks good with them. I put on a border of white to get them up to 8 inches. I'm making a 9 patch (3 X 3) baby afghan with 2 pink and 4 white squares added. With the right border, I can get it to 26 inches. I used 4 cotton balls and rolled a skein (+9) :cheer . I went to Michael's to exchange a skein and found that all Loops & Thread :yarn was on sale and the Endless skein (28 oz.)  was on clearance for $9.97 (was $20). So I got 3 regular skeins and and 1 Endless skein. Turns out, Endless is Loops & Threads too, so it was less than $6 (- 8). 

WTD:  + 1  YTD: + 14

Ellie 13

well ladies I have been sick since last Wednesday and I still haven't used up any significant amount of yarn! Also I'm moving to Japan in a few months!!

17 hours ago, MalisaMeesa said:

well ladies I have been sick since last Wednesday and I still haven't used up any significant amount of yarn! Also I'm moving to Japan in a few months!!

Sorry you're not feeling well. What exciting news for your move!!

We're back home. I made four child sized scarves this week, but no skeins used up.

Malisa, you must be very excited about the move! Hope you're feeling better.

• Like 1

My beautiful WA FGM sent another amazing box of treasures. :queen   Not even sure I belong in this CAL, but it keeps me honest. 20190302_103636.thumb.jpg.e2c4c5c5100f10ad920f3954dbbb0c3f.jpg

2 hours ago, TexasPurl said:

My beautiful WA FGM sent another amazing box of treasures. :queen   Not even sure I belong in this CAL, but it keeps me honest. 20190302_103636.thumb.jpg.e2c4c5c5100f10ad920f3954dbbb0c3f.jpg

That‚Äôs awesome! And stay, by all means, and see how much you use by the end of the year. ‚̧ԳŹ‚̧ԳŹ‚̧ԳŹ

• Thanks 1

May as well get this posted. I'm so grateful for the gifts I've received. Now I just need more crochet/knitting time. 

WTD -188  :faint

Have a wonderful week everyone!¬†ūüíĖ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TexasPurl said:

May as well get this posted. I'm so grateful for the gifts I've received. Now I just need more crochet/knitting time. 

WTD -188  :faint

Have a wonderful week everyone!¬†ūüíĖ

Enjoy your trip to the moon :lol . I finished the 9 patch preemie/new born afghan, finished a pot holder, made a hot pad and 3 drink coasters. Used 1 skein, 2  cotton skeins and rolled a skein (+ 7) :cheer.  I made 2 hats for knit/crochet group with a Caron pounder, but didn't use enough :yarn  to count. I didn't take any :yarn either. I did good this week.

WTD: +  7    YTD: +  21

Ellie 13

• Haha 1

didn't get near yarn for a second week

we spent two yrs in Japan from'79 - '81( military move),lived in Yokohama  one yr and Yokosuka the second year

I managed to part with some skeins this week!  We have an elderly friend who, come to find out, knits!  She’s on a fixed income, so can’t afford much for yarn. I went through my stash and found 15 skeins to give her that I thought she’d like. She was thrilled!

So:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +30 YTD +40

• Like 1

Debbie, it's nice when the trip to the moon is well deserved instead of for a low number. LOL That's a great box! You should have seen some of the numbers I ended up with in years past.

Pam, great way to boost your numbers!

I crocheted this week, but just ended up with a slightly floppy skein that I didn't roll down.

WTD 0

childs scarves.jpg

• Like 1

Hi all!!! This week I made the final 2 Welcome Committee blankets for my church and used 2 skein and 2 balls there (+6). I also decided to take a break from blankets and made a few cuddlers...a bird, a santa stuck in a chimney, and a penguin. These patterns are all from 3amgrace. I used a total of 8 balls on those (+8).

WTD :+14

YTD :+72

Hubs left super early this morning. I won't see him until the very end of the month. Feeling really blue, but I'm going to just focus on taking care of the kids and playing with yarn until he gets home.

20190302_080315.jpg

20190301_161413.jpg

those girls are adorable,Jessie

• Like 1

I used up 2 tiny little balls of yarn...

WTD: +2 YTD: +12

Scores for the week ending 3/2/19:

Gold Medal Winner: PBLKNP +30

Silver Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +14

Bronze Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +7

howieann +2

MalisaMeesa +1

KoalaLovesYarn 0

pineknott 0

greyhoundgrandma 0

Shoot the Moon Winner: TexasPurl -188

Your girls are so cute, Jessie! Just take it one day at a time while hubby is gone.

We're headed back to Little Rock Monday. I think it will just be two nights and then hopefully DH can do his chemo closer to home. I'm taking a project but I'm not sure how much time I'll have for crocheting. We're trying a different hotel this time. The Hampton Inn from last week had several features I didn't like including only a desk chair, so no comfortable place to sit and crochet or read.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

wow thanks for including me in the scores this week!!! I had forgotten I even posted!

So You know how I told everyone I was sick last week? Wellllllll My nephew came home with a super stomach bug, on last Monday (not today the 5th) and as you can assume lots of Laundry as he soiled bedclothes and body clothes alike, All from one tiny 7 year old body. AAAAAAAAAAAnd we had a small reprieve until Friday afternoon rolled around, the kids had an early release, and I had them the whole weekend because their parents went away for their anniversary. my niece came to tell me her tummy hurt...... and from 2 pm to 4 am I was taking care of stomach bug victim number two. and from about 530 am Friday night/Saturday morning to mid afternoon on Sunday I was victim number 3. Simultaneously my sister and her husband were victims 4 and 5 in Canada of the same sickness! this week has SUCKED. B

ut I did mention really really great news that I'm moving to Japan. It's a paid move and in my efforts of getting through more of my stuff, because a family of 5 is moving to an On-Base house in Misawa, Japan there has to be some downsizing. Well I got rid of another HUGE bag of yarn and crochet thread! and three smaller bags of scraps of fabrics and just basic junk out of my crafts stuff.

+ 147

Edited by MalisaMeesa

On 3/3/2019 at 11:35 AM, greyhoundgrandma said:

Your girls are so cute, Jessie! Just take it one day at a time while hubby is gone.

We're headed back to Little Rock Monday. I think it will just be two nights and then hopefully DH can do his chemo closer to home. I'm taking a project but I'm not sure how much time I'll have for crocheting. We're trying a different hotel this time. The Hampton Inn from last week had several features I didn't like including only a desk chair, so no comfortable place to sit and crochet or read.

When my hubby went into the hospital (out of town) a couple of years ago,  I took yarn with me and crocheted every day (for a week)---while sitting on the register cover in his room!!  When my back would be about to give out, I'd take it to the visitors room down the hall for a rest. But--to my personal credit--I finished my project while there, and started another one!! (Personal pat on the back!!!)

helping my daughter make crochet butterflies for Easter at her church

finished off one ball,but the other has a ways to go

wtd + 1 ytd + 39

On 3/7/2019 at 9:47 AM, Avon Lady said:

When my hubby went into the hospital (out of town) a couple of years ago,  I took yarn with me and crocheted every day (for a week)---while sitting on the register cover in his room!!  When my back would be about to give out, I'd take it to the visitors room down the hall for a rest. But--to my personal credit--I finished my project while there, and started another one!! (Personal pat on the back!!!)

That's a lot of crocheting in one week!

I'm planning my main project to be a blanket for my GS and expect to finish it except for the appliques. It's a wavy ripple with just a few color changes. Haven't decided if I'll take the yarn for them or not. Plus some yarn for a lapghan that is just barely started. How much crochet time I have will partly depend on whether he feels like getting out and doing anything. I'm just glad we'll be in a hotel room and not inpatient.

No crochet time the last few days. Getting everything in order to be gone again. Three weeks is longer than we've ever been away.

WTD 0