CLOSED 2019 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

20 hours ago, KoalaLovesYarn said:

What if you use about half a skein on a project and roll the other half up?

Malisa answered this correctly. +1 when you rolled what's left of the skein into a ball and another +1 when you use the ball up. A skein is never more than +2.

Would you like to be added to the list? Everything is explained in the first post of the thread.

We just got back home. Overnight was not long enough to rest up from the drive down or get much crocheting done. I did finally get started on the baby blanket.

WTD +2   YTD +13

Edited by greyhoundgrandma

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a productive week. :) 

Welcome to the group  KoalaLovesYarn

I used 2 skeins of the Chromatic Chunky & got half of the ruana done. Slow going with little time in the evenings.  Just thankful I get to destress for a short while before bedtime.

WTD +4 / YTD -2 

Have a good week everyone!

Hi all!!! This week I had to buy 3 skeins (-6) specifically to be used for the new baby blankets for my church to give as gifts. I'm calling them the Welcome Committee blankets. I made the first Welcome Committee blanket start to finish and used a skein and a ball (+3).I also finished the Supernatural bobble baby blanket and used another skein and 3 balls (+5). I've started a second Welcome Committee blanket for another baby we know is expected in April. 

WTD: +2

YTD: +24

20190126_070018.jpg

20190125_232132.jpg

6 hours ago, TexasPurl said:

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a productive week. :) 

Welcome to the group  KoalaLovesYarn

I used 2 skeins of the Chromatic Chunky & got half of the ruana done. Slow going with little time in the evenings.  Just thankful I get to destress for a short while before bedtime.

WTD +4 / YTD -2 

Have a good week everyone!

Thank you!

9 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Malisa answered this correctly. +1 when you rolled what's left of the skein into a ball and another +1 when you use the ball up. A skein is never more than +2.

Would you like to be added to the list? Everything is explained in the first post of the thread.

We just got back home. Overnight was not long enough to rest up from the drive down or get much crocheting done. I did finally get started on the baby blanket.

WTD +2   YTD +13

Sure. I could definitely use some stash busting 😁 

Also, what if you gift some yarn to someone else?

6 hours ago, KoalaLovesYarn said:

Sure. I could definitely use some stash busting 😁 

Also, what if you gift some yarn to someone else?

I've added you to the list. You get points for yarn that leaves your stash by any method--crocheting, knitting, other crafting, give it to a friend, donate to goodwill, the dog ate it, etc.

Scores for the week ending 1/26/2019:

🥇 Gold Medal Winner: pineknott +13

🥈 Silver Medal Winner: MalisaMeesa +5

🥉 Bronze Medal Winner: It's a tie! Ellie 13 ~ TexasPurl  +4

Hooks are Flying: 

greyhoundgrandma +2 ~ Inkked0317 +2 ~ howieann +2 ~ PBLKNP +2

🚀 NO Shoot the Moon! :cheer

Have great week everyone! 💖

• Thanks 1

YTD scores for January:

Gold Medal Winner: MalisaMeesa +159

Silver Medal Winner: pineknott +26

Bronze Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +24

greyhoundgrandma +13

Ellie 13 +9

PBLKNP +4

howieann +2

January's Shoot the Moon Winner: TexasPurl -2

Great scores for the first month!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

I've added you to the list. You get points for yarn that leaves your stash by any method--crocheting, knitting, other crafting, give it to a friend, donate to goodwill, the dog ate it, etc.

Thank you! I just wanted to make sure before I get too far in.

Soooo ladies.... I'm about to venture into something very big and I need to bounce things off the sound board. I want to start dying yarn If I buy undyed yarn for said endeavor do I need to count it? Or Do I not count it until I dye it? I don't /intend/ for this yarn to be for ME so do I only count it if I make a conscious choice to keep it?

Malisa, you would count it coming in when you buy it and going out when you give it away. Sounds like a fun project! I would love to see some pictures when you're done.

Yesterday I used up a skein on the baby blanket...+2.

• Like 1

Yesterday i used up a skein in the baby blanket...+2. I used some of the leftover moorland blanket yarn and made the GDs shawlettes...used two balls and rolled a skein into a ball...+3. So that's +7 for the week. Hoping for crochet time today. The GDs just left after a sleep over last night so I'm ready for a little quiet time. LOL

• Like 1

LOL, Mona! You sound like me. I love to see the grandkids come up the driveway & I'm usually equally happy when they go out the driveway. Our visits are usually over a long holiday weekend. 

I finished the 2nd part of the Ruana. Now to sew it together down the back & put the button bands on. Yay!

WTD +4

Have a great week everyone!

This week I made a second Welcome Committee blanket for a baby at church and used a skein and a ball there (+3). I also used a ball up on the preemie sets (+1). Then I was sick for 2 days and made & decorated 9 dozen cupcakes for my two youngest daughters joint bday party tomorrow lol. They wanted a rainbow theme....so I did major rainbows ♡

WTD: +4

YTD: +28

20190202_151323.jpg

20190202_151318.jpg

20190202_151247.jpg

11 hours ago, Inkked0317 said:

This week I made a second Welcome Committee blanket for a baby at church and used a skein and a ball there (+3). I also used a ball up on the preemie sets (+1). Then I was sick for 2 days and made & decorated 9 dozen cupcakes for my two youngest daughters joint bday party tomorrow lol. They wanted a rainbow theme....so I did major rainbows ♡

WTD: +4

YTD: +28

20190202_151323.jpg

20190202_151318.jpg

20190202_151247.jpg

Those look amazing!

• Like 1