CLOSED 2019 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

10 hours ago, PBLKNP said:

Well, I was a victim of peer pressure!  :devil

I went to Ewe & You in Windsor, CT, fully intending to just pick up some DPN needles for a knitting project I've been working on.  HOWEVER, it just so happened that they had a stunningly beautiful crocheted afghan displayed on one of the sofas in the store.  It was the Sophie's Universe afghan (which was originally a CAL).  I wasn't going to cave, but a woman in the store AND one of my friends both insisted I HAD to make it!  Long story short, I bought the pattern book and 11 skeins of Universal Yarn Uptown Worsted to make the afghan.  I mumbled something about perhaps making it for a present.  "NO!" they both yelled.  "You need to KEEP this one!"

So:

Stashbuster Total: WTD -22 YTD -15 :juggle

Those are my kind of friends! That pattern has been on my to-do list for a while. What colors did you get?

Week ending on 11/30/2019

🥇 Gold Medal Winner: owlvamp +5

🥈 Silver Medal Winner:  Ellie 13 +4

🥉 Bronze Medal Winner: Inkked0317 & TexasPurl  +2

Making Progress: greyhoundgrandma +1

Holding Steady: pineknott 0

🚀 Shoot the Moon Winner: PBLKNP -22

Have a happy week! 💖 

YTD Totals for November 2019

🥇 Gold Medal Winner: pineknott +153

🥈 Silver Medal Winner:  Ellie 13 +107

🥉 Bronze Medal Winner: owlvamp +102

• Inkked0317 +23
  • PBLKNP -15
  • greyhoundgrandma -28

🚀 Shoot the Moon Winner: TexasPurl -655

Thanks, Debbie! I was just about to do the YTD scores but you're ahead of me.

Hope everyone had a good holiday this week and that no one is/was in the worst of the bad weather. 

I got my tree up yesterday--that's just the tree, not decorated. Not a really big task since it's artificial and lighted. Today's aim is to get all the boxes of decorations down--high cabinets/ladder--which is definitely more work.

I'll be headed to my annual knitting/needlework retreat on Thursday. Can't wait!!! My projects are in their bags--probably more than I'll ever have time to finish, but I sure don't want to run out. LOL

• Like 1

Oh, dear!  I was afraid of this!  I’ll make a note to do the totals next week.  Yes, I’m really excited to start the Sophie’s Universe afghan.  For the colors, I picked similar ones to this picture (from the LYS).  I love Ewe & You...it’s a great LYS.  The owner’s first craft was crocheting, so she always has just as many crochet samples, patterns, and supplies as knitting ones.  

D6402613-7A8C-4F87-AA83-1FF2318D23F2.jpeg

I finished a scarf and rolled a cake into a ball...+1.

Working on a dog sweater and used up a ball...+1 = +2

Weaving in the ends on the dog sweater. Used a skein and a ball...+3 =5

Edited by greyhoundgrandma
  • Like 1

Woo Hoo! I made some progress this week. :clap  I used 2 skeins on Tunisian headbands for stocking stuffers, 1 skein on a tank top I have on the hook & 1 skein of bulky yarn I have on the needles for a sweater. My house still isn't decorated for Christmas because we're having some interior painting done. They should be finished Wednesday, then the tree goes up!

WTD +8

Have a happy week!

Hi all!! I've been working exclusively on my Halloween Rozeta, trying to get caught up.  This one is going to be a wedding gift for a friend and I've gotten all the way up to part 7. I think I might skip the bottom panel of the design, which turns the blanket from a square into a rectangle but also makes it asymmetrical and that kinda drives me nutty lol. I've used 5 skeins this week!

WTD +10

YTD+ 33

20191207_182906.jpg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Inkked0317 said:

Hi all!! I've been working exclusively on my Halloween Rozeta, trying to get caught up.  This one is going to be a wedding gift for a friend and I've gotten all the way up to part 7. I think I might skip the bottom panel of the design, which turns the blanket from a square into a rectangle but also makes it asymmetrical and that kinda drives me nutty lol. I've used 5 skeins this week!

It's gorgeous Jessie!

• Like 1

Okay, here we go!  For the Week Ending on 12/7/2019:

Gold Medal Winner! Inkked0317 +10

Silver Medal Winner! TexasPurl +8

Bronze Medal WInner! pineknott +6

Holding Steady!  PBLKNP 0

SHOOT THE MOON!!! greyhoundgrandma -19

Thanks all!

• Like 1

Since Thanks Giving I've made 10 wreath pins, 4 hats, 3 penguins, 2 Christmas Stockings and finished the teddy bear. I used 3 balls and 2 small skeins :cheer (+7). Got all the Christmas stuff done, just have to wrap and send it. I have orders for 2 more penguins and I have to start squares for a baby afghan for a grand niece/nephew due in March. 

WTD: + 7   YTD:  + 114

Ellie 13

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Anna Shuster-Smith said:

I would like to join. I know it’s the end of 2019 but is it going to continue in 2020?

thank you

We're glad to have you join in for the last few weeks of this year. There will be a new thread for next year and we'll start our new count then at 0.

Just to keep you informed--TexasPurl will be the moderator of the 2020 thread. Things have been pretty hectic for me this year and she's graciously agreed to take on this task. I'll still be participating and look forward to seeing everyone on the new thread next year.

• Like 2