CLOSED 2019 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

Ooh, Debbie, what fun! And what a special friend!

No more progress this week. I got myself in the right frame of mind yesterday to make stems and assemble pumpkins but almost immediately got interrupted with the news of company for the weekend. Couldn't face them today (I really dislike putting things together), instead started a new scarf pattern that I'll work on Tuesday at DH's dr apt. Then started on a snowman basket to work on at home.

WTD +4

• Like 1

For the Week Ending on 11/16/2019:

Gold Medal Winner! owlvamp +12

Silver Medal Winner! Greyhoundgrandma +4

Bronze Medal WInner! PBLKNP +2

Using up that Stash!

pineknott +1

Holding Steady!

howieann 0

TexasPurl 0

NO SHOOT THE MOON!!!   Thanks all!  :ghug

• Like 1

Hi everyone! I managed to used up 2 balls of thread this week. I also received a box from my friend with 28 balls of thread. I've been indexing all my patterns as well. That's a full time data entry job! It would be easier if I didn't stop & admire every other pattern I come across. More doilies are in my future. 

WTD  -52

I wish you all a Happy & Blessed Thanksgiving!

I didn't get post last week, I had computer problems. So I'll add my 1 point to this week. In the last 2 weeks I made 24 turkey pins, finished the turtles, made a dress for the 2nd bear, made a hat and started a 2nd hat. I used up 1 ball and rolled down 2 skeins (+ 3) :cheer . I went to Michael's to red beads, pin backs and plastic rings for wreath pins. I didn't let any :yarn sneak into my basket. 

WTD: + 3  YTD: + 103

Ellie 13

I know, pineknott...I LOVE AC Moore!  The nearest one is about 45 minutes from us, though.

I managed to use up another skein this week on my sweater, so I'm in the positives.  Next week, I have a feeling my Annie's Attic Afghan Club shipment will be coming again, so I'll probably be in the negatives then.  However, for now:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +2 YTD +7

:sheepjump

37 minutes ago, PBLKNP said:

I know, pineknott...I LOVE AC Moore!  The nearest one is about 45 minutes from us, though.

I managed to use up another skein this week on my sweater, so I'm in the positives.  Next week, I have a feeling my Annie's Attic Afghan Club shipment will be coming again, so I'll probably be in the negatives then.  However, for now:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +2 YTD +7

:sheepjump

we only go over that way every three months for an appt. the Old Va.Beach from years ago was great,it is so overbuilt up now plus 8 lanes instead of 2-4

Sorry to post so late!!

I finally finished all 14 of the angels I needed to make!! Used up 5 skeins. Last night I was able to get back to working on my 4 Rozeta CALs. I'm starting week 4, and week 8 will be released on Wednesday so I've got a lot of catching up to do lol

WTD: +10

Scores for the week ending 11/23/19:

Gold Medal Winner: inkked0317 +10

Silver Medal Winner: owlvamp +8

Bronze Medal Winner: greyhoundgrandma +5

Ellie 13 +3

PBLKNP +2

pineknott -14

Shoot the Moon Winner: TexasPurl -52

• Like 1

:ttalk   HAPPY THANKS GIVING !!   :tdance

TexasPurl, I love the pumpkins.

I crocheted on the bus/subway ride to my parents on Wed. I finished a hat I started Mon. and made a baby hat. I used 2 balls and rolled 2 skeins down (+ 4)  :cheer. My SIS and BIL are here too and we played games last night, so no :crocheting . I got a little :crocheting in when everyone slept after lunch :lol , made 1/2 a hat. We'll probably play games again tonight. I'm staying until Sat. and we'll go shopping then (we don't do "Black Friday"). I might get some more :crocheting in after lunch tomorrow, when my parents nap.

WTD:  + 4   YTD:  + 107

Ellie 13

Edited by Ellie 13
  • Like 1

I threw away a yarn ball snarl...+1. Next week will probably be in the negatives--I ordered some baby yarn. Best friend's daughter is due in March so it's time to get something started after Christmas.

WTD +1   YTD -28

Hi everyone ♡ I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!! My bonus son (my nephew) surprised my girls with a week long visit, so I didn't get much hooking done this week.  I am back working on my 4 Rozetas though and I'm really happy about that. This will be my sole yarn focus until I get them all finished.  This week I finished a skein on the Unicorn Rozeta but everything else is still going.

WTD: +2

YTD: +23

I'll update my signature next time I'm on my laptop.

Well, I was a victim of peer pressure!  :devil

I went to Ewe & You in Windsor, CT, fully intending to just pick up some DPN needles for a knitting project I've been working on.  HOWEVER, it just so happened that they had a stunningly beautiful crocheted afghan displayed on one of the sofas in the store.  It was the Sophie's Universe afghan (which was originally a CAL).  I wasn't going to cave, but a woman in the store AND one of my friends both insisted I HAD to make it!  Long story short, I bought the pattern book and 11 skeins of Universal Yarn Uptown Worsted to make the afghan.  I mumbled something about perhaps making it for a present.  "NO!" they both yelled.  "You need to KEEP this one!"

So:

Stashbuster Total: WTD -22 YTD -15 :juggle

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PBLKNP said:

Well, I was a victim of peer pressure!  :devil

I went to Ewe & You in Windsor, CT, fully intending to just pick up some DPN needles for a knitting project I've been working on.  HOWEVER, it just so happened that they had a stunningly beautiful crocheted afghan displayed on one of the sofas in the store.  It was the Sophie's Universe afghan (which was originally a CAL).  I wasn't going to cave, but a woman in the store AND one of my friends both insisted I HAD to make it!  Long story short, I bought the pattern book and 11 skeins of Universal Yarn Uptown Worsted to make the afghan.  I mumbled something about perhaps making it for a present.  "NO!" they both yelled.  "You need to KEEP this one!"

You won't be sorry. That's a challenging yet fulfilling project.