CLOSED 2019 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

I'm happy to report I FINALLY got through another skein.  I'm hoping to do more this week, as the shower I'm making this sweater for is a week from Sunday!

Stashbuster Total: WTD +2 YTD +25

:clap

• Like 1

Happy Saturday everyone!

This week I finished my baby blanket sized Flora CAL blanket and used 3 balls. I also have completed part 2 on 3 of my 4 Rozetas and about half of part 2 on the last one...but I've only used one ball there so far...I'll post pictures in the next day or two once I have all 4 done!

WTD: +4

YTD: -3

• Like 1

Scores for the week ending 10/19/19:

Gold Medal Winner: owlvamp +10

Silver Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +4

Bronze Medal Winner: tie--PBLKNP & howieann +2

Ellie 13 +1

pineknott 0

greyhoundgrandma 0

TexasPurl 0

No Shoot the Moon Winner this Week!

Edited by greyhoundgrandma
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Inkked0317 said:

Happy Saturday everyone!

This week I finished my baby blanket sized Flora CAL blanket and used 3 balls. I also have completed part 2 on 3 of my 4 Rozetas and about half of part 2 on the last one...but I've only used one ball there so far...I'll post pictures in the next day or two once I have all 4 done!

WTD: +4

YTD: -3

Jessie - I'm working the Rozeta as well. Using thread in Christmas colors for a table centerpiece. I'll only complete it through the circular portion. Can't wait to get the next part. 

• Like 1

Reminder: this is the last full week of the month, so please post both your WTD and YTD scores on Saturday.

Where has October gone? Yikes, I can't believe how close Christmas is! I've got to stop procrastinating and get the eyes sewed on a Halloween bag. I've kind of lost my mojo the last few days.

• Like 1

I used a ball on a dress for the teddy bear and got 1/2 a teddy bear done. I used a ball on a child sized hat and donated 7 balls to my knit/crochet group Mon. night (+ 9) :yay . I looked through the group's cabinet of :yarn and found 3 different greens, perfect for the turtles. So I took 2 balls and a 3.5 oz. skein (- 4). I'll wait until Sun. to get more tan so I can put it towards next week's score ;) .

WTD:  + 5  YTD:  + 97

Ellie 13

Hi everyone!

I got to that point in the CAL where you finally finish skeins!!!! I'm doing 4 of the Rozeta CAL simultaneously, so this week's score is great lol. Between the 4 blankets, I finished off 8 skeins!!

WTD: +16

YTD: +13

I'm back in the YTD positives!!!!

I'm going to be working on a bunch of angels that I've been commissioned to make this week as well as the next section of the CAL. Here are the pictures of my 4, completed through part 3. Part 4 is coming out on Wednesday. I'm calling them Jewels,  Pastels, Unicorn,  and Halloween.  All being made with 100% stash yarn!

20191025_221726.jpg

20191025_221613.jpg

20191025_221635.jpg

20191025_221653.jpg

20191025_221710.jpg

• Like 2

No new skeins used up, but I did manage to finish my baby sweater for my great niece’s shower!  I’ll post pictures later when I get it prepared to pack. 

WTD = 0

YTD = +25

• Like 1

WTD scores for the week ending 10/26/19:

Gold Medal Winner: owlvamp +16

Silver Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +16

Bronze Medal Winner: tie--pineknott & Ellie 13 +5

TexasPurl 0

greyhoundgrandma 0

PBLKNP 0

No Shoot the Moon Winner this week!

• Like 1

YTD scores for the end of October:

Gold Medal Winner: pineknott +160

Silver Medal Winner: Ellie 13 + 97

Bronze Medal Winner: owlvamp +70

PBLKNP +25

Inkked0317 +13

greyhoundgrandma -33

October's Shoot the Moon Winner: TexasPurl -619

• Like 1

Jessie, all four of your color schemes are great looking! Congrats on getting back into the positives for the year!

Just when I think I'm getting close, I order some more yarn. LOL 5 skein this time that will hopefully be in next week.

We're headed to Little Rock today and I should have lots of crochet time while waiting on DH's procedures and tests. I hope that will include finishing some skeins.

Hope everyone has a good week!

• Like 1

Hello all! I finished the Moonpetals doily this week & I'm still working on the Rozeta CAL. Also made a couple hats with bulky yarn. So happy to have a positive number this week.

Mona - hope you have more gojo tomorrow. Get some rest.

WTD +8

Have a happy week!

• Like 1

I confess I went to the New England Fiber Festival today up in West Springfield, MA...I got 8 skeins of lovely yarn!  
Incidentally, if anyone is in the area, it’s going to be continuing tomorrow 9 am - 3 pm!

Stashbuster Total: WTD -16 YTD +9

:devil

EDE3B906-B3EB-4C1A-B85B-A8A6899E2AB0.jpeg

• Like 1