CLOSED 2019 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

I am hopeless! NOT busting any of my yarn stash for years just adding to that! LOL

I am planning to pack-up a lot of my yarn this month and donate that :)

My wreath making stash is growing now. Those ribbons are addictive! , that is a lot worse than yarn addiction...:( . More expensive too.

Krys

46 minutes ago, USpolishgirl said:

I am hopeless! NOT busting any of my yarn stash for years just adding to that! LOL

I am planning to pack-up a lot of my yarn this month and donate that :)

My wreath making stash is growing now. Those ribbons are addictive! , that is a lot worse than yarn addiction...:( . More expensive too.

Krys

I have not been very good at stash-busting either. Too much going on in the past year and a half. Plus, I bought 3 skeins of fall colors yesterday 😲 to crochet pumpkins (shame on me). I understand about the wreaths. I made a couple Halloween wreaths last year, but, used tule fabric since the deco-mesh was not available here. For my husband last Christmas, I decorated our tree with his favorite color- red- with the deco-mesh for the garland. It turned out beautiful and he loved it. This year, I found some blue at the Dollar Store and grabbed all of it. I may crochet some light blue (thread) snowflakes in different sizes to hang on the tree with the small white ones I already have.

3 hours ago, ReniC said:

I have not been very good at stash-busting either. Too much going on in the past year and a half. Plus, I bought 3 skeins of fall colors yesterday 😲 to crochet pumpkins (shame on me). I understand about the wreaths. I made a couple Halloween wreaths last year, but, used tule fabric since the deco-mesh was not available here. For my husband last Christmas, I decorated our tree with his favorite color- red- with the deco-mesh for the garland. It turned out beautiful and he loved it. This year, I found some blue at the Dollar Store and grabbed all of it. I may crochet some light blue (thread) snowflakes in different sizes to hang on the tree with the small white ones I already have.

I've always intended to crochet some pumpkins, but it never seems to get to the top of the to-do list. I would love to see yours when you're done.

6 hours ago, ReniC said:

Reni, Pumpkins it is a MUST to have for Halloween! LOL. So you did not done anything wrong :). I can only imagine that Christmas tree with that red deco-mesh garland...must been beautiful :). Blue color will be nice too. I have seen beautiful pictures of houses decorated in blue color. I am just old fashion I love red, green and white for Christmas :). Snowflakes allways look very nice on Christmas tree.

Happy crocheting :)

Krys

18 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

I've always intended to crochet some pumpkins, but it never seems to get to the top of the to-do list. I would love to see yours when you're done.

Hi Mona- I will definitely show the pumpkins when completed. I'm half way through the first one, the largest. I watched a few videos on YouTube and decided to just wing it with hdc in BLO for this square. I haven't decided on the stems or any leaves yet. We shall see.

Edited by ReniC

16 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

I can only imagine that Christmas tree with that red deco-mesh garland...must been beautiful :).  Happy crocheting :)

Krys

Last tree and a few of the crochet snowflakes hung on it. The tree fit perfect in my living room, 2 ft x 7 ft and was already flocked.

tree 2018a.jpg

star1.jpg

star3.jpg

Thank you Mona. I was fortunate to find it last year. There was only one left at the time. And since we had downsized when we bought this house, we were thinking we could only put up a table top size tree. I must say that my DD helped me with the top of the tree. She has such a flare with decorating. The flocking on it was a plus with a lot of nostalgia. When I was a kid we either had a real flocked tree or used the silver aluminum tree with the changing colors flood light. Whoa- that sets me back in time! LOL 

1 hour ago, owlvamp said:

I've been making pumpkins too! I have 11 finished.  I love making them.

I would love to see them. Do you have a favorite pattern?

1 hour ago, ReniC said:

Thank you Mona. I was fortunate to find it last year. There was only one left at the time. And since we had downsized when we bought this house, we were thinking we could only put up a table top size tree. I must say that my DD helped me with the top of the tree. She has such a flare with decorating. The flocking on it was a plus with a lot of nostalgia. When I was a kid we either had a real flocked tree or used the silver aluminum tree with the changing colors flood light. Whoa- that sets me back in time! LOL 

I'm right back there with you. We too had the silver tree and changing colors light.

1 hour ago, USpolishgirl said:

Reni  your tree is beautiful :).

I love that red deco-mesh, you did a great job.

I think those skinny trees are called "Pencil- Trees".

Krys

Thank you Krys. I think you're right about the Pencil Tree.

1 hour ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Planning to crochet this afternoon, but don't expect to use anything up.

WTD +2    YTD -30

Every little bit helps, that's for sure. I have too many WIP's. If I don't stop getting into new projects my kids will probably have me committed to a "WIP Recovery" program. LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, owlvamp said:

The pattern on the pumpkins I use a bunch of different patterns. The orange ones I just crochet a HDC in each stitch BLO. I chained what ever I wanted. The others I did follow patterns.

These are great! Basically how I'm making them also. I like your idea of the cinnamon sticks, Did you glue them in?

40 minutes ago, JustDeb said:

I for sure won't use up anything today as my granddaughter is here to keep me interrupted.

WTD -4 / YTD -4

Hahaha. I remember those days very well. My GD staying with me now is 28 and at work right now. She's still a lot of fun to have around though.  And when I least expect it, she makes me crack up. Last night she got me giggling so hard, I accidently blew 7Up out my nose.

• Haha 1

Hi all. Very sad to say my FIL passed late Thursday night.  The past 2 days have been a whole lot of family time with all the sibs and their kids, which has been nice. Making arrangements,  picking pictures for a video montage, that sort of stuff. We had a bday party today for Hubs & our 15 yr old because Hubs said Dad was all about family and would want us together celebrating something good. Decided to do a Hawaiian theme in honor of Dad. It was a good time, but VERY stressful.  I haven't touched yarn in a few days, haven't touched any of my assignments this week....and honestly can't bring up the energy to care. Tomorrow is church and then the family hosting family & community visits for several hours. Viewing and funeral are set for the 8th & 9th.

I'm hoping next week will be nice and relaxed so I can catch up on my schoolwork and then get back to my crochet. I need something other than food for comfort. 

I'll be around,  but may be lurking more than posting for a bit.

• Sad 1

Jessie, so sorry for your loss!

owlvamp, those are all so cute! Love the colors! Do you just crochet a square or a rectangle?

Reni, I know what you mean about WIPs. I have too many and have to constantly stop myself from starting something else. Too many cute patterns out there!

Deb, I rarely get any crocheting done when the grands are here. The six year old wants to learn but I'm afraid she's still a little too young. We did make a chain one day mostly with me holding her hands.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ReniC said:

These are great! Basically how I'm making them also. I like your idea of the cinnamon sticks, Did you glue them in?

Yes, I glue them in and then I use covered wire for the curly cue things.

41 minutes ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Jessie, so sorry for your loss!

owlvamp, those are all so cute! Love the colors! Do you just crochet a square or a rectangle?

Reni, I know what you mean about WIPs. I have too many and have to constantly stop myself from starting something else. Too many cute patterns out there!

Deb, I rarely get any crocheting done when the grands are here. The six year old wants to learn but I'm afraid she's still a little too young. We did make a chain one day mostly with me holding her hands.

Rectangle! I use an odd number of rows . How ever long I want it. The little one I did 25 rows and the larger one I think I did 35 -37.

No wrong way. Just own it and say I can I can I can and crochet away.

Sadly, no major movement of stash.  I'm hip-deep in our final coding project, so I've only had minimal crafting time.  Next week I'm hoping to be able to have more yarn time!

Stashbuster Total: WTD 0 YTD +23

:bang