CLOSED 2019 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

I read that Jessie had to make boob sets. I make dolls and someone asked me to add boobs and make a bra for their doll. Has anyone else had any strange requests? I've got 1/2 a blue potholder done, but I'm getting bored with potholders. When I finish it I'm going back to smilie squares for the baby afghan till get bored with them.

Ellie 13

Edited by Ellie 13

Jessie, hope you and your family get to feeling better real soon.

Ellie, no strange requests here but I'm never surprised at what I hear.

I worked on the Phoenix blanket today and finished a skein...+2.

• Like 1

My blessings are abundant! 💖 A very special friend is kind enough to share her stash with me. I received this gift this week!

20190816_152858.thumb.jpg.0d24087dd72ece2f327f825fc31c06ce.jpg

I finished the Secret Paths Shawl, rolled a ball from that. So.....I'll be headed to the moon!

WTD -167

Have a happy week everyone!

• Like 2

I just got in a Mary Maxim shipment!  The good news is that I now have the yarn kit to make my great-niece a baby sweater for the impending little arrival.  Yes, you read that right.  I'm already a great-great-aunt and am about to be again!  My sister is 16 years older than I am, so we have weird age differences in my family.  My niece is 48 and my great-niece is 21.

The bad news is that I'm going to be in the negatives for this week!  

Stashbuster Total: WTD -10 YTD +23

:devil

• Like 2

I've picked so many green beans, cucumbers and some of my big tomatoes have turned red. I'm eating a lot of salads and beans, am also making a 2nd batch of pickles. I made 13 more smilie squares (17 more to go), used 1 skein of white but not enough of orange, yellow or green to count (+ 2). I hope that 2 more skeins of white will be enough to finish the afghan. 

WTD: + 2   YTD: + 77

Ellie 13

• Like 1

Hi everyone!!! I started out the week needing to buy yarn for a commission piece (Lost Souls shawl but need to make 4 & join them together to make a baby blanket), so I bought 6 skeins (-12). But I've been hooking up a storm this week!! I've made a guitar stuffy, 2 pairs of baby boots and a matching hat, 2 Angel's, a pair of baby sneakers, and the first of the 4 Lost Souls pieces! All told, I've used up 1 skein and 9 balls (+11). I'll attach pictures of everything lol.

WTD :-1

YTD :-87

20190817_234728.jpg

20190817_234802.jpg

20190815_214939.jpg

20190814_073457.jpg

20190814_073324.jpg

• Like 2

But at least you have lots of material for rainy days/hard times or whatever. LOL  And so much of it has been gifts. Can't beat that.

I made pretty good progress on the phoenix blanket this weekend. I would have had crochet time (and time to post the scores) this morning before we headed home but I had to rearrange my plans so DH wouldn't whine about me not going with him to the hamfest.

Hope everyone has lots of crochet time this week!

• Like 1

I made some more squares for the afghan (11 more to go), got bored and made another potholder. I used 2 balls cotton and rolled 2 more down (+4) :yay  . I think the people who do the craft table at the church fair are going to like the smilie potholders. I made 2 batches of pickles and I had enough green beans to make a green bean casserole. 

WTD: + 4  YTD: + 81

Ellie 13 

• Like 1

I made a few more squares, but still not enough :yarn used. I got an e-mail from my brother, he asked me to design an ID/passport holder that you hang around your neck (sent pic of store bought one). He wants non itchy, maybe cotton, so I might have to get more Sugar & Cream. This will give something other than squares and potholders to work on. My score this week will most likely stay at + 4.

Ellie 13 

• Like 1

My think garden is done for this year. I still have an eggplant left and maybe some cherry tomatoes. I picked the last of the green beans, cucumbers and peppers. I picked all the large red and green tomatoes to make India relish. I left the plants just in case I get more veggies. I made another potholder and some more afghan squares (3 more to go). I used a skein of cotton (+2) :cheer .

WTD: + 6   YTD: + 83

Ellie 13

Edited by Ellie 13

Our garden didn't do well this year. We've had a problem with tomatoes for several years now. This year even the eggplants have not done well and they usually produce almost too well. We got a halfway decent amount of squash and a few tomatoes and eggplants. Several years ago we stopped growing peas and butterbeans when a friend started his truck farm. Much less work to buy already shelled from him.

Hello everyone! I hope you've all had a good week. :) 

This week I used up the last of a ball of white thread on a garden flag I'm working on & a skein of Cascade Arcadia on a Tee I'm knitting. 

WTD +4

Have a Happy Week!