CLOSED 2019 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

13 hours ago, Inkked0317 said:

This week I made a second Welcome Committee blanket for a baby at church and used a skein and a ball there (+3). I also used a ball up on the preemie sets (+1). Then I was sick for 2 days and made & decorated 9 dozen cupcakes for my two youngest daughters joint bday party tomorrow lol. They wanted a rainbow theme....so I did major rainbows 

Oh my! Jessie, those look delicious! They look like they came from the local bakery. When we want cake we go & buy just 2 cupcakes at the bakery. Get our fix & done!

• Like 1

Scores for the week ending 2/2/19:

Gold Medal Winner: greyhoundgrandma +10

Silver Medal Winner: pineknott +8

Bronze Medal Winner: MalisaMeesa +5

TexasPurl +4

Inkked0317 +4

howieann +3

PBLKNP +2

KoalaLovesYarn +1

Ellie 13 0

Another week with no negatives scores! Great work!

Edited by greyhoundgrandma
  • Like 1

I didn't get to post for last week, but my score was 0 anyway. I didn't do much :crocheting because my right thumb/wrist hurt, so I wore an elastic glove/wrist support. I went to my Dr. on Mon. and was told it was de Quervain tenosynovitis (di-kwer-VAYN ten-oh-sin-oh-VY-tis). Can be caused by overuse and repetitive wrist motions. Bagging groceries all day and crocheting every spare moment most likely did it. I was told take pain pills, wear the support and not lifting anything heavy for a week. When I was told not to :crocheting , I thought I would :faint. I made it through to Fri., it was torture. I made a few heart pins just to keep from going :loco, but even small things for 20 minutes was hard. 

WTD:  0  YTD:  + 9

Ellie 13

1 hour ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

I made two more Barbie blankets and finished up the last of the yarn from the moorland blanket. I finished off 9 balls...+9. Here are the blanket, the two shawlettes and the Barbie blankets:

Great lookin' blanket Mona! It looks huge. The GD's will have fun with the shawls & barbie blankets!

There were 10 knitted squares in a bag of yarn donated to the knit/crochet group. They were done on circular needles from the center out, with an X design. I said they would make a nice prayer shawl if more squares were added, so I got the job. I added a white sc edge around the knit squares, then  :crocheting some white squares with a design. They're working out nicely, I should have it done by Sun. night. I also made some more heart pins and pocket prayer shawls. Used 1 skein and 2 balls (+ 3)

WTD: + 3   YTD + 12

Ellie 13

I finished the Ruana & rolled the last skein into a ball. +1 Wish I was happier with it. But my surprise box from my FGM sure cheered me up! 4 skeins of Bucilla Tempo, 9 skeins of Cebelia, 20 skeins of Cordonnet & 27 skeins of Perle Cotton. -120   I may be adding to the stash, but it's quality stash & no $$ from my pocketbook. 

WTD -119

Have a great week everyone!

9 hours ago, Ellie 13 said:

There were 10 knitted squares in a bag of yarn donated to the knit/crochet group. They were done on circular needles from the center out, with an X design. I said they would make a nice prayer shawl if more squares were added, so I got the job. I added a white sc edge around the knit squares, then  :crocheting some white squares with a design. They're working out nicely, I should have it done by Sun. night. I also made some more heart pins and pocket prayer shawls. Used 1 skein and 2 balls (+ 3)

WTD: + 3   YTD + 12

Ellie 13

That sounds like fun! Please share how it turns out 

This week I've been working on the preemie sets.  I've now got 6 full sets made (hat, 2 diapers, tunic, and blanket) made for babies around 14 weeks gestation size. Everything is SO TINY! I've used a total of 4 skeins and a ball on the tunics and blankets this week.

I had a blast making those cupcakes and they were a huge hit! I'd really like to try more decorating styles and Hubs has agreed to take anything I bake just to practice decorating on to his job to protect me from eating it lol. His coworkers are also very appreciative of the cupcakes so it's a win/win. I sent in strawberry mini cupcakes w punk frosting yesterday lol.

WTD: +9

YTD: +37

I'll update my signature when I'm on my laptop ♡

• Like 1

Scores for the week ending 2/9/19:

Gold Medal Winner: greyhoundgrandma +12

Silver Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +9

Bronze Medal Winner: KoalaLovesYarn +8

pineknott +3

Ellie 13 +3

MalisaMeesa +2

howieann 0

PBLKNP 0

Shoot the Moon Winner: TexasPurl -119

FOTO Friday! A designer friend started this design & abandoned it. I asked if I could try to recreate it & she said yes!. The original had 13 spokes & I just can't do 13 of anything. Adjusted it for 12 spokes. It finished off nicely. 17" diameter.

20190215_083907.thumb.jpg.a5adb23869b36146b7967f537c1b74e1.jpg

• Like 1