CLOSED 2019 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

Did I really get Shoot The Moon with  - 1 :think ? Since it was a tie, can TexasPurl do the scores. I can't always get here on Sun.

Mon. is Martin Luther King Jr. Day (U.S.), so today they had MLK service day. People volunteer for different things around town. Every year I join a knit/crochet group to make hats/scarves, so I brought some yarn to donate. This week, I made 5 more squares for the afghan, started :crocheting the squares together and made 3 hats. Rolled down a skein and used a ball (+ 2) and donated 7 balls and 1 skein (+ 9) :cheer . Of course, everyone else brought :yarn too, so I took 2 skeins, a ball and some odd shaped motifs, like a triangle with the top point cut off (- 5). If I can't figure out how to make more, I might frog them. 

WTD: + 6  YTD: + 5

Ellie 13

I’m going to wait to post, as I’m hoping to use up another skein this evening.  We have a humdinger of a storm coming to CT tonight and tomorrow, so I’ll be cozy indoors doing my knitting and crocheting.  I’m praying we don’t lose power!  

Ellie, I'll post the scores tomorrow. I'll probably get to post the scores next week as well. I used 1 skein on the cardigan this week. I went to Tuesday Morning yesterday to pick up a wedding gift. Darn if they didn't have some scrumptious Knitting Fever Chromatic Chunky in the clearance bin. I picked up 5 skeins in a marvelous self striping jewel tone. I think I'll make an easy ruana with it. I found a great gift for the wedding too!

Prayers for you all in the path of this nasty storm. We have loads of wind here today, but it's 54 & sunny. Should only be in the high 30's tonight.

WTD -8

Well, no skeins used up after all.  I’ve been working on the scarf and the shrug.  The snow is just starting.  I’m praying the weather people are going to be wrong about all the possible ice.  🥶 😬 ❄️ 

Scores for the week ending 1/19/2019:

🥇 Gold Medal Winner: MalisaMeesa +7

🥈 Silver Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +6

🥉 Bronze Medal Winner: pineknott +5

Hooks Flying: greyhoundgrandma +4 & Inkked0317 +4

Holding Steady:

PBLKNP 0 , howieann 0 & darski (injured reserve)

🚀 Shoot the Moon: TexasPurl -8

Have great week everyone! 💖

Edited by TexasPurl

Sorry I didn't get on yesterday...the whole day basically disappeared into my cousin's baby shower lol. This last week I worked on the Supernatural themed baby blanket and the preemie sets. I've now got all 48 hats and 96 diapers done for the sets and I'm getting started on the little tunics. I finished off 2 skeins on the sets this week.

WTD +4

YTD +22

And I'll update my signature next time I'm on my laptop. 

I’m happy to report that we’ve weathered the big storm in CT today. We are in northern CT, so we didn’t have the major ice and power outages. I think we got about 5” of snow. We had ice and freezing rain later, but no issues...other than shoveling it all! 🤣

9 hours ago, howieann said:

My computer has been a pain and I haven't been able to get in the site much. It will let me look at a thread or 2 and then just keep timing out.

As of Saturday, I was at a 0 for the year and week.

Sorry to hear you're computer is on the fritz Holly. I'll add you to the score list for last week.

Thanks for posting the scores TexasPurl. Last Sat. night into Sun. it  :snow here, no power outage though. Yesterday was warm and rainy, so most of the snow is gone. I had Sat. - Mon. off, so I stayed in and :crocheting . I needed a little more white, so I got a slightly use skein from a friend (- 2).  I finished the afghan, made some pocket prayer shawls and worked out a pattern for an 8 inch Jewish Star hexagon with the left over blues and some of the white. I used 3 balls, rolled down the white skein and gave a slightly used skein away (+ 6) :yay . Now I have to get started on baby afghans for 2 nieces, 1 baby do the end of June, the other early July. 

WTD: + 4   YTD: + 9 

Ellie 13

• Like 1