CLOSED 2019 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

I finished another set of 6 squares with another small ball left. I started the yellow squares and should have them done by tomorrow. The balls leftover  are enough to make 1 (2 ?) pocket prayer shawls. I'll make them tonight so I'll count the skein as done now, because I won't get here again before tomorrow. This is my final total for the week:

WTD:  +  7  YTD: +  37

Ellie 13

Hi all!!!

This week I'm working on a Sons of Anarchy blanket for my nephew,  a mystery Easter block stitch CAL, and making squares out of a book...used a total of 1 skein and 8 balls! (+10). However I also realized I started the SOA blanket using RHSS White and only had Soft White left so I had to go shopping so I could continue to work on it...bought 2 skeins (-4)

Wtd: +6

Scores for the week ending 4/13/19:

Gold Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +7

Silver Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +6

Bronze Medal Winner: tie +2: TexasPurl & greyhoundgrandma

Holding steady:

MalisaMeesa

PBLKNP

pineknott

• Like 1

Good to hear from you, Holly. Not having a computer is really inconvenient.

I haven't gotten much done this week on any front. Two trips to Oxford for drs appointments. I don't even remember what I was doing on Monday. A catch your breath day today. Company coming tomorrow. Family stuff on Saturday and Sunday. It's been so busy I haven't been able to get in the mood to crochet, the house is a mess. Just keeping up with appointments, bills, and other paperwork, getting food on the table and washing clothes. Some weeks you just have to do what you can, let the rest go and not fret over it.

• Like 1

I didn't do much :crocheting this week. The Market Basket has been very busy, with Stop & Shop on strike and Easter on Sun. I worked extra hrs. (more $$ = more :yarn  :lol). I finished the yellow squares and will start the green ones this afternoon. Used the yellow skein and rolled the white down.

:flower  HAPPY EASTER ! !   :rabbit   :garden

WTD:  + 3    YTD: + 40

Ellie 13

• Like 1

Mona - I hope things settle soon for you. It has to be exhausting with all you've got going.

Still plugging away on the Mother's Day CAL. I used a ball on it. Then I made a shelter mat with 2 balls just testing a new technique.

WTD +3

Happy Easter everyone & have a great week!

Edited by TexasPurl

Hi all!!! This week I used up a skein on my SOA graphgan, 5 balls on a baby blanket,  4 balls completing the Easter Mystery CAL, and 10 balls on a new CAL from The Crochet Crowd....I'm playing catch up on that last one as the final week pattern is being released on Monday and I just started it this past Monday lol.

Wtd: +21

Ytd: +109

Mona - I know you've got tons going on today. I'll post scores. Have a Happy Easter & get some rest!

Week ending on 04/20/2019

🥇 Gold Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +21

🥈 Silver Medal Winner: Pineknott +13

🥉 Bronze Medal Winner: Ellie 13 & TexasPurl   +3

Making Progress: PBLKNP  &  greyhoundgrandma +2, KoalaLovesYarn +1

No Shoot the Moon Winner!!!

Have a great week! 💖 Happy Easter! 🙏🌼🐰🐣

Edited by TexasPurl

What a nice surprise, Debbie! Thank you!

We had a nice lunch. Of course the grands were all pretty wound up over hunting eggs and candy. They've headed home hopefully to take naps. The table is cleared off and the food is in the frig. Time to catch my breath and maybe crochet a little.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Got a little crochet time after lunch and finished a skein...+2.

It's going to be another busy week. Dr apt tomorrow for DH. Then he has a conference Wed-Fri so two nights in a hotel with a dr apt for me thrown in on Thursday. Out of town company for the weekend. I'm always so glad when April is over because it's always so busy!

Reminder: this is the last week of the month so please post both your WTD and YTD scores on Saturday.

Well I'm off to a good start. I finished that shawl I was working on last week but FORGOT TO POST AGAIN so I'll add it to this weeks score.20190411_232923.thumb.jpg.294d8cec94febb992bfef760bd88010b.jpg

20190412_084148.thumb.jpg.561dba4d4747c9be9b8b46a61a3fb4da.jpg

and now am working on a granny square bag. I'm hoping to get it done by next weekend which is Maryland Sheep and wool Festival. If I get it finished that should be 8 points in the positive which will help my score for next week be waaaaaaaaaay better given that I plan on buying a sweaters quantity of yarn at that festival!

20190426_071716.jpg.f1140083b92ac42c7896c4f2f17eaaa1.jpg

SO far this week I have +4 lets see if I can finish off another ball of cotton by Saturday night!

I did a lot of  :crocheting  this week, I have to finish the afghan before the baby shower (May 19). I finished the green squares and made 3 blue ones. I used up the green, a ball of white and rolled another skein of white (4 out of 7) down. I hope the 3 skeins of white I have left will be enough to finish the afghan. This will be my score for the week, unless I can get here sometime tomorrow with more points.

WTD:  + 4  YTD: + 44

Ellie 13

Edited by Ellie 13

Quick fly-by this morning to say hello! Little was done this week. Took mom to Houston Tuesday for doctor appointments, then had jury duty on Thursday. Didn't get picked, thank goodness. Company all day today. Hoping next week is a bit slower.

WTD 0/ YTD -290

Have a great week everyone!