Scores for the week ending 8/31/19:

Gold Medal Winner: owlvamp +12

Silver Medal Winner: TexasPurl +4

Bronze Medal Winner: greyhoundgrandma +2

Holding Stead:

PBLKNP

pineknott

Ellie 13

No Shoot the Moon Winner again this week! Great work, everyone!

YTD scores for the end of August:

Gold Medal Winner: pineknott +146

Silver Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +83

Bronze Medal Winner: PBLKNP +23

owlvamp +12

greyhoundgrandma -32

August's Shoot the Moon Winner: TexasPurl =459

Hope everyone is having a good holiday weekend!

5 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

owlvamp, your hooks have been flying this week!

Debbie, thanks for being willing to post the scores, but there was no shoot the moon winner last week. I have time now, so I'll go ahead and do the lists.

Thank you Mona! I must have had my weeks mixed up & was worried about posting. Had a full day today. Going to put my feet up for a bit.

Happy Labor Day everyone!

Sounds like you've had a busy day, Debbie. DS and family were here for lunch and I kept the kids (one and then all three) for the afternoon while they went dove hunting. They just got picked up. Catching my breath for a minute and then I'm headed to the pool. No crocheting time today. Maybe tomorrow.

Hi everyone!

I didn't have any score at all this week and I have no idea what I'm going to get done this upcoming week. It looks like Hurricane Dorian is going to come visit us at the end of the week. We spent today picking up a generator and getting supplies, just in case. Hopefully it won't be too big of a storm when it gets to us...I'll probably post a score on Wednesday if I have one, because I don't know if we'll have power after that....keep fingers crossed and prayers coming, if you would ❤️

Hi everyone! Thankfully we were very lucky and got through the hurricane untouched. And now we're well stocked with all the hurricane snacks that we didn't have to eat lol

I put my downtime to good use and finished up a set of turtles that a friend asked me to make for her. Gifts for her sister, niece, nephew as well as for her in remembrance of her nephew who passed, in his favorite colors. I was so touched that she reached out to me to make these! I used a skein a 5 balls on this project.

WTD :+7

Back to working on baby gifts for my 2 new nephews on the way in the next couple months and the huge dragon for my mom! There's a new CAL starting mid-October and I'm determined to get all my WIPs done before that so I can focus on that lol

20190907_161938.jpg

I didn't get to post last week, but it was 0 anyway. This week I have an elephant done, but I'm still trying to fix the pattern. I used a ball of pink making a pig, so I have an elephant, a pig and 2 Elephant and Piggie books for my grand niece's birthday. I got all the squares of the afghan together and I'm starting the border, should have it done by tonight. Fri. afternoon I have to make a cream cheese pie and some fudge for Sun. and Sat. I'm going to SIx Flags with a SIL and my nephew. I might not be able to post this weekend, so I'll post now.

WTD: + 1  YTD: + 84

Ellie 13

"Fly Me To The Moon" 🎵🎶🎵 I can hear Sinatra in my head!

I used 2 skeins on the tee, 1 on the Arcanoweave doily & 1 on a test tablecloth I'm working on. Then, BOOM, I received another box of thread from my friend this morning! 61 new balls of lusciousness. 

WTD -114

Have a happy week everyone!

Lots of activity, but no movement on using up skeins, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD 0 YTD +23

I’m working on my great-niece’s baby sweater, so I’m hoping to use up more skeins soon! 

22 minutes ago, owlvamp said:

Bought 3 skeins of yarn -6 used 3 skeins of yarn +6 and rolled one ball +1

WTD +1 YTD +28

did I do that right?

The 6s cancel each other out right? I have a migraine and I really can't think.

Yes you did it right. Hope the migraine goes away soon!

1 hour ago, owlvamp said:

Inkked0317 where did you find the patterns for the turtles? My grandson would die for these.

This is the link for the bigger turtle...it's a paid pattern on etsy... https://www.etsy.com/listing/275950854/crochet-pattern-no-1616-sea-turtle-by?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=squirt+the+turtle&ref=sr_gallery-1-2&organic_search_click=1&bes=1

I'll have to find my print out of the little turtle to see what the url is...a friend sent it to me lol

Hi everyone!! This week I made a triceratops security blanket for one of my expected nephews (didn't take a picture yet, sorry) and got back to work on the life-sized dragon for my mother. I used a skein and a ball on the blanket and 2 skeins on the dragon this week.

WTD: +7

YTD: -57

I am determined that I will get out of the negatives before the end of the year!! This week will be focused on the dragon, more stuff for my 2 newphews (due in December and January), and maybe even getting a start on a hooded elephant blanket for my daughter's boyfriend (will be his Christmas gift). I'm trying to knock out all my WIPs before a new CAL starts in October!! Oh, and I've still got the September squares to make from the Crochet Crowd's Flora CAL, so those will be in there somewhere...

12 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Wow, Debbie, your friend must have quite a stash!

She's my Facebook angel. We met in a Facebook group a couple of years ago. She's a retired yarn store owner from Washington state. When she closed her store she brought all the inventory home with her. She's such a sweetheart. We video chat at least once a week. We still haven't met face to face, but I'll be visiting her next spring.

Debbie, that sounds like a dream stash!

Jessie, looks like you're well on your way to getting back into the positive.

We're headed into another hot week so hopefully I'll be able to have some inside crochet time. If we don't get some rain soon the grass will all be dead, so mowing will be off the to-do list. 

Hope everyone has a good week!