Recycled Christmas Card Ornaments

RecycleCindy

Here are some of the recycled Christmas card ornaments that I've made this year. I just love doing these as it's just so nice to save and repurpose all the beautiful cards I get each year. Here is a link to an instructional tutorial that I posted about how to make the cards.

IMG_4875.thumb.JPG.0067f45d0f2768cf0360caf663ab506e.JPG857848549_RecycledChristmasCards2018.thumb.JPG.a97176ce35c9be2522a5ce373a2b5ac7.JPGIMG_4876.thumb.JPG.ad8a77c0bf941112b8521876be845b40.JPG

IMG_4874.JPG

4 hours ago, pineknott said:

what a great idea,have you ever made baskets from them?

Thanks! I haven't done any baskets but that is a great idea. Maybe next year I will try that. I have lots of cards to recycle.

3 hours ago, segi1974 said:

That is a great idea.  They are all so beautiful

Thank you! I handed out some of these today to the clerk at the post office and the bank. Then more to others around town and everyone just loves getting a little something this time of the year. I love handing them out and saying Merry Christmas and thanking them.

They are beautiful. I adore your recycled projects.

Pineknott mentioned baskets from cards. I made these when I was in Campfire Girls, we made these. They were gifts for the residents at a nursing home for the elderly we Caroled at. A lot of fun. A few years later we made these and crocheted the edges instead. After all these years (Believe me- a lot of years) I still have one somewhere, who knows where though. 

On 12/23/2018 at 1:55 PM, ReniC said:

Pineknott mentioned baskets from cards. I made these when I was in Campfire Girls, we made these. They were gifts for the residents at a nursing home for the elderly we Caroled at. A lot of fun. A few years later we made these and crocheted the edges instead. After all these years (Believe me- a lot of years) I still have one somewhere, who knows where though. 

These baskets are beautiful!!  thanks for sharing the pattern!

36 minutes ago, Avon Lady said:

These baskets are beautiful!!  thanks for sharing the pattern!

My pleasure Collette. Cindy's post brought back some great memories. Thank you Cindy!!!

Merry Christmas!

On 12/23/2018 at 10:55 AM, ReniC said:

They are beautiful. I adore your recycled projects.

I love the crocheted card baskets you shared. I really want to try those next year. Thanks for sharing the link and photos.

13 hours ago, RecycleCindy said:

I love the crocheted card baskets you shared. I really want to try those next year. Thanks for sharing the link and photos.

You're very welcome Cindy. You brought back so many childhood memories. A 90 year old next door neighbor taught my troop how to make both of these and she is the one that encouraged me to teach my fellow troop members how to crochet. She made the best cookies too. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

Archived