Hello

ammo Veteran

I've been crocheting for several years but put it down for about six or eight years.  Sometimes life gets in the way.  It is nice to have it back.  I am one of a handful of males that I know of that crochets and I am currently teaching my wife.  I'm nowhere near the level of many, but can make projects that I can proudly give as gifts.  In fact, much of Chanukah will be crocheted gifts.

I am an Air Force Veteran that enjoys crocheting (and need pointing) Judaica items.  I have recently found a basic kippa pattern that I have been using to quickly stockpile kippas.

I don't limit myself to Judaica.  However, I have found that those patterns are the hardest to find.

One quick question in closing.  I've noticed many with extensive computer-generated project graphs.  How does one acquire a graph for a design?

V/R,

Glen

Hi  and Welcome  to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

There are some web sites you can go to with a picture and it will make a graph.

If you are on face book, there is a group called Free Graph Patterns, that will make a free graph for you.  I use to have a program, but now I use the FB group.

I am sure if you go to General Crochet Help and ask your question, you will get lots of help.

Thank you for your service from an old Navy brat.

1 hour ago, ammo Veteran said:

One quick question in closing.  I've noticed many with extensive computer-generated project graphs.  How does one acquire a graph for a design?

Hello & welcome! 

There are several online sources to graph your own designs. I'm most familiar with StitchFiddle.com. 

Also, a free downloadable PC software "Stitchworks" from Stitchworks Software. Though there is no longer support for the program.

On 11/28/2018 at 6:26 AM, ammo Veteran said:

I've been crocheting for several years but put it down for about six or eight years.  Sometimes life gets in the way.  It is nice to have it back.  I am one of a handful of males that I know of that crochets and I am currently teaching my wife.  I'm nowhere near the level of many, but can make projects that I can proudly give as gifts.  In fact, much of Chanukah will be crocheted gifts.

I am an Air Force Veteran that enjoys crocheting (and need pointing) Judaica items.  I have recently found a basic kippa pattern that I have been using to quickly stockpile kippas.

I don't limit myself to Judaica.  However, I have found that those patterns are the hardest to find.

V/R,

Glen

Unless it's a pattern from a group that doesn't try to share copyrighted designs, you can google and find some and even share the patterns on here.. Cross stitch designs that you can buy or are free, are easily translated to graph paper, then it's a simple matter of counting stitches and changing colors. That's how I've made many of my own afghans.

Archived