Crochet Hook

Grmawnch

Question

2 answers to this question

Here you go.  https://www.countingcrochethook.com/

If you use the google browser (chrome), and right-click a picture, it will come up with a menu that includes 'search google for image'.  That's how I found this.  

If you saw the other post, you probably noted that I and at least 1 other person looked down our noses at this, and now that I see how expensive they are...I'm looking down my nose AND shaking my head.  So, you'd have to buy a set of these in all sizes (and there's only 3)?  Nope.

Suggestions from a penny pincher:  (1) use stitch markers to mark every 10th stitch or row (or whatever makes sense in your pattern).  I like to use bobby pins - they're cheap & don't fall out easily.  I've been crocheting nearly 50 years and never used a counting device, just markers  (2) Look for knitting row counters, which are for the most part much cheaper and have been around forever.  Here's some mechanical and digital ones.  I rather like that some come in sets, for when you have multiple projects going.

If you like the digital aspect of having a counter to track your projects you may want to consider a phone app.  I like the old plastic ones, in fact I just put a couple on my Christmas wishlist for DH.  With multiple projects going on I like to be able to store the counter with the project. 

However, I did briefly try out the phone apps available for project counting.  I'm not a huge fan of the digital so it didn't work for me, but if you find the cost to be prohibitive you may want to look into a phone app counter.  There are some free ones that do the job and if you need something more than a counter there are paid ones that are more projected oriented that track the project.

Archived