Sign in to follow this  
Shydee

Trying to deconstruct a blanket pattern

I have a baby blanket that my friend's granny crocheted for my daughter almost 10 years ago. Granny has since passed and now that I crochet, I would love to figure out the pattern to possibly recreate it. I can see a lot of individual elements but I can't figure out how it all connects. I am hoping someone has seen this pattern or can help me deconstruct it. Thank you!

Danielle

15427767217078644537642369964551.jpg

Thank you!!! I had just recently heard of C2C but had not looked into it yet. Watching just a few minutes of a video, I finally understand what's going on!

Picking nits here..."Corner to corner/C2C" will get you what you want, but it really describes designs using this stitch that is colorwork made on the diagonal. 

The stitch itself has a few names (and variations in the number of DCs per 'stitch'), crazy stitch and brick stitch come to mind but there are probably others - just to give you something else for google searches.

Edited by Granny Square

Looks like the basic box stitch done in a multi colored :yarn. I've made baby blankets with it, nice and easy, no long chains to count. I've use it to make scarves too (a long rectangle in stead of a square).

Ellie 13

Y'know, I was thinking 'box stitch' too, then googled that and came up with all sorts of different stitches EXCEPT the stitch the OP was looking for.  Bad  google skills on my part maybe maybe.