Drops-Garns Studio Christmas Event

Garns/Drops Studios  has posted their Christmas Workshop all in one place. I am a bit disappointed in the crochet patterns offered as some do not seem to be as high of quality as the knit patterns. Many are repeated in the theme categories and from previous years. I was looking for some nice mitten patterns but none jumped out me.  I'll look more in their other patterns.

Thanks for the link!  And each section has a 'see more' button, there's over 400 patterns if I punched my calculator correctly.  But the only crochet mitten (in worsted) is kinda homely...

IIRC they've done this in the past, where they highlight all their 'old' patterns in a workshop, then later come out with a Christmas advent countdown later with new patterns.  And you're right, I think I've picked a few of their knit holiday patterns to make, but can't recall a crochet one (yet, there's a couple that are catching my eye...  )

23 hours ago, Granny Square said:

Thanks for the link!  And each section has a 'see more' button, there's over 400 patterns if I punched my calculator correctly.  But the only crochet mitten (in worsted) is kinda homely...

IIRC they've done this in the past, where they highlight all their 'old' patterns in a workshop, then later come out with a Christmas advent countdown later with new patterns.  And you're right, I think I've picked a few of their knit holiday patterns to make, but can't recall a crochet one (yet, there's a couple that are catching my eye...  )

Looking online this morning, I found this mitten pattern I'm going to try to find time to make for one of my grown GD who lives in snow country. Maybe anyway. I thought it was cute and simple. 

Interesting!  I had originally 'wondered' in my above post whether it would work trying to transcribe one of the Drops' knit colorwork patterns into crochet waistcoat stitch mittens, then thought it might not be stretchy enough so I deleted that bit.  They do look nice and warm  :manyheart 

22 hours ago, Granny Square said:

Interesting!  I had originally 'wondered' in my above post whether it would work trying to transcribe one of the Drops' knit colorwork patterns into crochet waistcoat stitch mittens, then thought it might not be stretchy enough so I deleted that bit.  They do look nice and warm  :manyheart 

I wondered too about the stretchiness. When I can make time, I'll make a swatch.

Archived