Caron Latte Cakes - are they history?

jlvking

Question

I'm not a huge fan or multi-color yarns that have abrupt color changes but I liked the way Caron's Latte Cakes looked so picked up a few cakes. I have since decided that I really like it! Now, what happens a lot of times is I find something that I really like and it then disappears! I know it's a Michaels exclusive. The first time I got it there was a huge center aisle display and I bought some again last week. Since the "buy 2 get 1 free" sale was still on I went back yesterday for more. There was none. Some of the cake style yarns were in a bin they told me was clearance but none were the Latte version. The employee also told us that sometimes they big center aisle display can mean that they are not going to be carrying it anymore. Has anyone heard about the Latte Cakes being discontinued??? I made a large blanket out of it and it's nice and heavy and soft and, since I used the moss stitch, very breathable. I really hope they are still making it. I sure don't want to buy it second hand. I've seen it being offered for $20 or more!

3 answers to this question

Yes, I should have mentioned that I looked there. Unfortunately, the two colors I need aren't in stock. And from what the employee said, they might not get restocked. But I'll be watching! :)

On 11/18/2018 at 1:09 PM, jlvking said:

I'm not a huge fan or multi-color yarns that have abrupt color changes but I liked the way Caron's Latte Cakes looked so picked up a few cakes. I have since decided that I really like it! Now, what happens a lot of times is I find something that I really like and it then disappears! I know it's a Michaels exclusive. The first time I got it there was a huge center aisle display and I bought some again last week. Since the "buy 2 get 1 free" sale was still on I went back yesterday for more. There was none. Some of the cake style yarns were in a bin they told me was clearance but none were the Latte version. The employee also told us that sometimes they big center aisle display can mean that they are not going to be carrying it anymore. Has anyone heard about the Latte Cakes being discontinued??? I made a large blanket out of it and it's nice and heavy and soft and, since I used the moss stitch, very breathable. I really hope they are still making it. I sure don't want to buy it second hand. I've seen it being offered for $20 or more!

On 11/18/2018 at 1:09 PM, jlvking said:

For the past two years, that I know of, Caron discontinues all the colors then in the summer come out with a whole new line of colors plus some of the old ones. What color do you need. I have one extra I can get to you if your in the states